WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Stillman Brown Springtime White & Pink 3+1 (4)

Speed to First Woot:
9m 7.229s
First Sucker:
catcoland
Last Wooter to Woot:
SJCwineaux
Last Purchase:
7 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 31% of Wine Woots
Top 36% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 42% of Wine Woots
Top 35% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 4% first woot
  • 2% second woot
  • 9% < 10 woots
  • 15% < 25 woots
  • 70% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 2% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 4% one year old
  • 93% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 74% bought 1
  • 20% bought 2
  • 7% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

9%
4%
7%
0%
0%
0%
2%
9%
4%
4%
0%
15%
4%
7%
11%
9%
4%
2%
4%
0%
0%
0%
2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1642 Private Messages Cesare

Stillman Brown Springtime White & Pink 3+1 Combo
$54.99 $117.00 53% off List Price
2013 Chateau Abalone Verdejo
2013 Pink Zeppelin Dry Rose, Paso Robles
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

The Pink Zep is awesome, although I think I give an slight edge to the 2012 version. Too bad Stillman didn't make very much of this vintage, which is probably why there's only one bottle per order.

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

stillmanbrown

quality posts: 141 Private Messages stillmanbrown

The '12 had a bit of RS, my nod to the late Jess Jackson.
Just kidding - about the nod.
This one's 'dry'.

stillmanbrown

BTW - the cork on the Pink says 2011 on the ends and BRADY on the side - my awesome 'assistant winemaker' was planning to bottle his '11 Cab on the same day and realized he had too many corks so I graciously took some of the (overpriced) little things off his hands.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Welcome (as always), Stillman. Glad to have Mr. Brown's white and pink up this fine Friday...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

Winedavid39

quality posts: 203 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

neilfindswine wrote:Welcome (as always), Stillman. Glad to have Mr. Brown's white and pink up this fine Friday...

+1. Stillman is the real deal.

stillmanbrown

I woke up at 5 AM, had to go into the jungle of my kid's room to reset the router to get online, and not even a question about the drinking window?

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

Here are my notes on the rose,

3/1/2014 Pnp right of the fridge, wine pours a salmon pink and is clear of any cloudiness. It's primary aroma is maraschino cherry with some strawberry and watermelon notes in the background. On the tongue the wine comes across as crisp and fresh and full of fruit. The bottle gives no info. As far as varietals used but I would guess its heavy on Grenache. On the pallete the strawberry note and watermelon are much more prenounced. The alcohal is low and not noticeable.

This is a great rose with nice acidity that will hold up to lots of foods. It couldn't handle spicy Thai food though so don't treat it like a low PH white. For comparisons sake I prefer the 2012 which had some similar features but had more a candied fruit nose. I'll be drinking this and the WC pinkie swear long into summer. Nice job Stillman.

CT

stebs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stebs

So, Stillman... Not that any of this is going to last past June, but what are the drinking windows on these?

Neophyte Oenophile Extraordinaire

stillmanbrown

The alcohol is low and not noticeable.

What, you only drank one bottle?
(Oh wait, I'm only offering one.)

Thanks for the notes!

stillmanbrown

stebs wrote:So, Stillman... Not that any of this is going to last past June, but what are the drinking windows on these?

Until your windows frost up again? Well, certainly into 2015. 'Cellar temperature' is important, also note that these are in flint bottles so should be kept in the dark until 'it's time'.

sphervey

quality posts: 39 Private Messages sphervey

We LOVE Stillman wines!!!!!!!!!!

Spouse detests whites and roses but fights me for the last glass of Pink Zep and this yummy Verdejo. Great offer if you've never tried them. Wise Men say. ..
but I can't help buying a case or two...

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20
stillmanbrown wrote:The alcohol is low and not noticeable.

What, you only drank one bottle?
(Oh wait, I'm only offering one.)

Thanks for the notes!

My wife ordered a 1/2 case directly from you for valentines day. At a kickass price BTW.

I'm a light weight, what can I say!

CT

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

I am generally a red drinker but have loved most, if not all of Stillman's wines.(Got a cellar full of Black Zeppelin).

When I do drink whites and roses, I tend to like them only slightly below room temp. Around 60-65 is my preferred temperature.

What would you say is ideal for these wines Stillman?

Is it broke or just fractured?

nathanbsmith

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nathanbsmith
stillmanbrown wrote:I woke up at 5 AM, had to go into the jungle of my kid's room to reset the router to get online, and not even a question about the drinking window?

Hahahahaha!!! This resonates with me as I have three kids! Awesome!!!

LAST PURCHASE: Creminelli Italian Salami

2014: 1 (Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators)

2013: 183 bottles and counting
2012: 74 bottles
2011: 38 bottles

My CT

guzmantis

quality posts: 6 Private Messages guzmantis

Both of these wines are consistent crowd pleasers. Now, to decide whether I want two or three...

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Rose notes using De Long:

color: medium
clarity: clear
aroma: aromatic, strawberry (jolly rancher)and some watermelon
dry, medium body with crisp acidity

Wine was fresh, tangy but with a bitter finish (bite) I did not enjoy.

Wife enjoyed it. I noted $12 would be appropriate deal.

Stillman: can you address the bite I got on the finish? Have you found this to be the case?

"The older I get the better I was"

intodogs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages intodogs

Oak or stainless??? I really want to hit that button even though I have been on a bb (buying binge). For some reason I don't care for the oak....if it is stainless, count me in!

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
losthighwayz wrote:Wine was fresh, tangy but with a bitter finish (bite) I did not enjoy.

Lost, what was the serving temperature? I've found this can have quite an effect on finish.

CT

stillmanbrown

rlmanzo wrote:I am generally a red drinker but have loved most, if not all of Stillman's wines.(Got a cellar full of Black Zeppelin).

When I do drink whites and roses, I tend to like them only slightly below room temp. Around 60-65 is my preferred temperature.

What would you say is ideal for these wines Stillman?

For my taste? 50-60.

stillmanbrown

losthighwayz wrote:Rose notes using De Long:

color: medium
clarity: clear
aroma: aromatic, strawberry (jolly rancher)and some watermelon
dry, medium body with crisp acidity

Wine was fresh, tangy but with a bitter finish (bite) I did not enjoy.

Wife enjoyed it. I noted $12 would be appropriate deal.

Stillman: can you address the bite I got on the finish? Have you found this to be the case?

No, but I'm open to suggestion - counoise tannins? (that's a half-joke)

stillmanbrown

intodogs wrote:Oak or stainless??? I really want to hit that button even though I have been on a bb (buying binge). For some reason I don't care for the oak....if it is stainless, count me in!

No oak whatsoever.
(Upcoming Viognier will have some, but I'll post warnings.)

stillmanbrown

sphervey wrote:We LOVE Stillman wines!!!!!!!!!!

Spouse detests whites and roses but fights me for the last glass of Pink Zep and this yummy Verdejo. Great offer if you've never tried them. Wise Men say. ..
but I can't help buying a case or two...

So, buying more results in more or less fighting?

bbombay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bbombay

I love Stillman wines. This is a no-brainer for me!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
rjquillin wrote:Lost, what was the serving temperature? I've found this can have quite an effect on finish.

Agree with you which is why I typically stick a bottle of white or rose in the fridge the morning of the drinking day. I then taste cold and note changes in temperature to see where the wine drinks to my liking. I have found that some whites taste fine when cold but not so much at warmmer temps which typically exposes flaws. In this case, I followed my protocol but did not note when I deteced the bite but if my memory serves me well it was during the cold stage...it may be my palate because my wife did not feel the bite.

"The older I get the better I was"

stillmanbrown

losthighwayz wrote:Agree with you which is why I typically stick a bottle of white or rose in the fridge the morning of the drinking day. I then taste cold and note changes in temperature to see where the wine drinks to my liking. I have found that some whites taste fine when cold but not so much at warmmer temps which typically exposes flaws. In this case, I followed my protocol but did not note when I deteced the bite but if my memory serves me well it was during the cold stage...it may be my palate because my wife did not feel the bite.

That's too cold for me, but my other half likes white and pink cold. I'll open the cellar temperature bottle and pour a glass for myself half an hour before she gets home, and then put the recorked bottle in the freezer. I can then top off my glass with the cold wine after she gets home. I haven't had to resort to the microwave yet . . . and the stemware's too tall anyway!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Stillman, I think you've been raiding my closet. That shirt looks familiar.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

stillmanbrown

ThunderThighs wrote:Stillman, I think you've been raiding my closet. That shirt looks familiar.

Yeah, but only one of the cigarettes is menthol.

sphervey

stillmanbrown wrote:So, buying more results in more or less fighting?

Less fighting. We each get our own bottle. In fact, the grouper we are having tonight is looking like the perfect time to break out the Verdejo.

intodogs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages intodogs
stillmanbrown wrote:No oak whatsoever.
(Upcoming Viognier will have some, but I'll post warnings.)

Yea...thanks for response. In for two...

stillmanbrown

sphervey wrote:Less fighting. We each get our own bottle. In fact, the grouper we are having tonight is looking like the perfect time to break out the Verdejo.

I'm assuming that's the fish, and not social slang; otherwise you'd need a lot more?!?

stillmanbrown

intodogs wrote:Yea...thanks for response. In for two...

Thanks. I've bottled reds that never saw oak, and whites with 100% new - as with RS, it's always better to let people know in advance!

sphervey

stillmanbrown wrote:I'm assuming that's the fish, and not social slang; otherwise you'd need a lot more?!?

Yes, we are going to Verdejo the fish. I wonder if that's really a verb?

joeman123

quality posts: 5 Private Messages joeman123

I would like to just address one thing for those who haven't had the pleasure of meeting Stillman or drinking his wines.

About a year ago, I was in Paso Robles on business and let Stillman know I was in town. I offered to take him to dinner and come to his tasting room. I had previously purchased from him through wine woot and directly.

He was totally gracious and engaged my friend and I throughout the night. He is a fabulous person who enjoys both his wines and his life and there is a lot to be learned from someone like that.

I can highly recommend both his reds and whites. They are outstanding. The fragrance and balance are outstanding. I am not sure how he does it wine after wine, but somehow he gets which fruit to use and how to balance the wines. Really amazing.

Please do yourself a favor and grab one of these. I don't care whether you're a "white" drinker or not, you will love them.

Stillman - raising a glass to you right now my friend! All the best!

stillmanbrown

joeman123 wrote:I would like to just address one thing for those who haven't had the pleasure of meeting Stillman or drinking his wines.

About a year ago, I was in Paso Robles on business and let Stillman know I was in town. I offered to take him to dinner and come to his tasting room. I had previously purchased from him through wine woot and directly.

He was totally gracious and engaged my friend and I throughout the night. He is a fabulous person who enjoys both his wines and his life and there is a lot to be learned from someone like that.

I can highly recommend both his reds and whites. They are outstanding. The fragrance and balance are outstanding. I am not sure how he does it wine after wine, but somehow he gets which fruit to use and how to balance the wines. Really amazing.

Please do yourself a favor and grab one of these. I don't care whether you're a "white" drinker or not, you will love them.

Stillman - raising a glass to you right now my friend! All the best!

Thank you . . . that's very nice . . . you're going to give the wrong impression of me, I'm afraid. But I'm glad you like the swill. Nothing about the tab for the bottle of La Tache and the 'all-you-can-eat foie gras and abalone buffet' bill I stuck you with?

jaschuyler

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jaschuyler
stillmanbrown wrote:Thank you . . . that's very nice . . . you're going to give the wrong impression of me, I'm afraid. But I'm glad you like the swill. Nothing about the tab for the bottle of La Tache and the 'all-you-can-eat foie gras and abalone buffet' bill I stuck you with?

Mmm, Central Coast shellfish. While Paso is a little hot and dry for my tastes, I do so miss the coastal mountains and the chaparral. And all the woot wine. Damn you, Virginia!

stillmanbrown

Thank y'all very mush, as Elvis would say. If you missed this sale, live in a currently unWootable shipping state, or just have a question for me, let me know and I'll help you out - my email is StillmanB@aol.com
See you next time!