2011 RandyZin Zinfandel, Sonoma County
2010 Cabernet Sauvignon Dry Creek Valley, Buchignani Vineyard
2010 Sonoma Harvest Red Wine, Sonoma County
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

First sucker:loveladyelectric
Last wooter to woot:loveladyelectric

I'm a fan of the pinot noir and Randy's lighter style. At under $15/bottle this is great.

EDIT: Mods, I'm a dude.
EDIT EDIT (MOD): Okay, sorry (changed)

harvestmoonwinery

quality posts: 6 Private Messages harvestmoonwinery

Hello fellow wooters!

Thanks for stopping by and checking out our offer. It's been years since I offered a mixed case at this smokin' deal. These wines were discussing are mostly new releases and are all quite tasty. Let me know if any of you have q's about our unique style or specific wines. You do not want to miss out on this mixed box o vino de backyard. Cheers!
Randy

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman

Randy, great to see you back here, and great to see you in the tasting room last weekend too! Thanks again for inviting us out to the back patio for some older vintages and for letting molarchae have a few more bottles of the 08 Late Harvest Zin. If I hadn't got more than a case last weekend I'd be in for this, of course. I'm tempted just for the 2010 Cab, actually. Didn't see that on the list last week, and it would make nice companions for the 2009/2011/2012 I've got!

Get a case...you'll like it. Or, in the words of tytiger58, you have the palate of a yak!

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of March 9.
The run up to March Madness is about to begin!
Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

March
3/15: Ohio: Winemakers' Dinner with Scott and Jana Harvey
3/22: NorCal: Winemaker trip out to Winesmith
TBD: Houston Area Kick-start

April
TBD: NYC #?: A Syrah Grows in Brooklyn

Summer
TBD: 2014 RPM History Tour Interest Thread

Pending
TBD: Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal
TBD: Atlanta #1
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

Randy makes great wine. Got in on the last mixed case a few years ago and loved just about every one.

His wines are definitely made in a lighter style. No jammy, overbearing fruit.

Although primarily a Zinfandel-guy, his Pinots are some of the best I've had on Woot.(Although I must admit, it is not my favorite varietal)

They are excellent food wines.

Is it broke or just fractured?

cortot20

quality posts: 145 Private Messages cortot20

I'm totally stocked up, this is a bummer. These sound excellent.

CT

TheYak1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheYak1981
klezman wrote:

Get a case...you'll like it. Or, in the words of tytiger58, you have the palate of a yak!

Watch your mouth my Canadian friend. Some of us Yak's love fine wine! Look it up, it's in Wikipedia.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
TheYak1981 wrote:Watch your mouth my Canadian friend. Some of us Yak's love fine wine! Look it up, it's in Wikipedia.

Ha! Well if the shoe fits....and yes I am very interested in these. Especially with all the hype from our resident canuck

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kleverkira

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kleverkira

Very disappointed that Woot/Amazon is no longer shipping to Tennessee. I would love to get my hands on this case at that price!

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
tytiger58 wrote:Ha! Well if the shoe fits....and yes I am very interested in these. Especially with all the hype from our resident canuck

Well, there are two of each. We could cut the case in half..

CT

kimrowell

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kimrowell

Love the RandyZin! Still no shipping to Georgia but I just identified a wootlegger in Florida. I'm looking forward to sipping and savoring.

harvestmoonwinery

Wooters! For those states that woot can't ship to, please contact the winery direct for other shipping possibilities!

Cheers,

Randy

harvestmoonwinery

kleverkira wrote:Very disappointed that Woot/Amazon is no longer shipping to Tennessee. I would love to get my hands on this case at that price!

Call the winery direct! 707-573-8711

kleverkira

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kleverkira
harvestmoonwinery wrote:Wooters! For those states that woot can't ship to, please contact the winery direct for other shipping possibilities!

Cheers,

Randy

Thanks Randy! It's been ordered!

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

HI Randy,

You used to post some great tasting notes on Youtube. Do you still do this?

I searched but couldnt find any.

Thanks.

Is it broke or just fractured?

greeneggsandham

quality posts: 2 Private Messages greeneggsandham

Randy,

Will we ever see another Sparkling Zin?

Hint.

rjquillin

Went and looked through my cellar and found I've got some number of Randy's creations, and those I've already tried got good marks.

Therefore, more!

CT

meyer22

quality posts: 5 Private Messages meyer22

What a great deal. Randy makes some great wines. My sister (Christie) has known him for years. She took my parents by the tasting room for a visit a day or so after Christmas this year. Randy was a great host as always. My whole family bought that day, cases for my sister (local to Cali) as well as my parents and myself via phone!

The dry Gewürztraminer is an amazing summer wine, dry and crisp, no sweetness at all. Randy really shines with his Zins and Pinot. I've had many vintages of the Randy Zin and they all have delivered.

Highly recommend you buy, I'm in for a case. They can cellar nicely next to my other Harvest Moon purchases!

harvestmoonwinery

rlmanzo wrote:HI Randy,

You used to post some great tasting notes on Youtube. Do you still do this?

I searched but couldnt find any.

Thanks.

Ha... Raising children makes one lazy. The dry gw is ready this summer, the 12 Pinot should sit for a year or fall 15... The randy is ready! Damn good wine. Seriously. The cab and blend need time! Muchas anos!!! Drink those in 4-6 years.

harvestmoonwinery

greeneggsandham wrote:Randy,

Will we ever see another Sparkling Zin?

Hint.

Yes!!! This wine making thing thing takes time and patience. We've got a small yet delicious batch in tank from '13 vintage. Imagine rouge, spicy w a grip of fine black pepper. There's a ton of red fruit packed in too. Spring of '15 release. Thanks for the inquiry.

harvestmoonwinery

The 2010 Cab and Sonoma Harvest blend must be cellared folks!!! Part of making traditional-style reds, particularly Cabs, forces cellaring. These two should sit 3-5 in bottle to slowly unwind to reveal the layers and complexities. We bottled them in August 2012 so another 3 years!! Cheers.

rjquillin

harvestmoonwinery wrote:The 2010 Cab and Sonoma Harvest blend must be cellared folks!!! Part of making traditional-style reds, particularly Cabs, forces cellaring. These two should sit 3-5 in bottle to slowly unwind to reveal the layers and complexities. We bottled them in August 2012 so another 3 years!! Cheers.

Thanks for the cellaring info Randy.
Can you comment on where you think some of the following are now, and where you think they are going?

'08 Harvest Moon Estate & Winery Cabernet Sauvignon DCV
'06 & '08 Harvest Moon Estate & Winery Pinot Noir RRV
'08 Harvest Moon Estate & Winery Sonoma Harvest RRV
'06 Harvest Moon Estate & Winery Zinfandel RRV
'09 RandyZin

Thanks!

CT

harvestmoonwinery

rjquillin wrote:Thanks for the cellaring info Randy.
Can you comment on where you think some of the following are now, and where you think they are going?

'08 Harvest Moon Estate & Winery Cabernet Sauvignon DCV
'06 & '08 Harvest Moon Estate & Winery Pinot Noir RRV
'08 Harvest Moon Estate & Winery Sonoma Harvest RRV
'06 Harvest Moon Estate & Winery Zinfandel RRV
'09 RandyZin

Thanks!

2008 CS- Tannins are integrating well- it's the acid that will allow that wine to sit a few more years... easy.

06 Pinot- Ready but can sit 1-2 years more.
08 Pinot- Drink this year. Lots of earthy red fruit, mulling spices- nice wine... ready!

08 Sonoma Harvest- Patience still... 3-5 years.

06 RRV- Awsomly juicy wine... It's got 6 years in btl but would be interesting to taste this one in another... 3-5... it'll go. I think

09 Randy Zin- decant for a full day and drink... Decant prior to work, place in dark pantry with paper town in hole. Come home, fire up BBQ and go!

rjquillin

harvestmoonwinery wrote:09 Randy Zin- decant for a full day and drink... Decant prior to work, place in dark pantry with paper town in hole. Come home, fire up BBQ and go!

Awesome, thanks.
From the comment on the RZ, rather sounds like this has got more than just a few years left as well.
Nearly a year ago we did a Aged Zin tasting that included some bottles dating back to the early 80's.
Zin can and does age well.

Thanks for today's offering.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman

Randy, if you should feel like pulling out a vertical of either your Buchignani Cab or either Zin it would make for a fantastic offering!

So if the 2010 Cab needs another 2 years or so, what about the 2009 Cab? I suppose the futures of 2012 Cab will need close to 5 before I even look at them

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

And I forgot to ask about the
2010 RRV Pinot Noir

CT

Gr8brit1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gr8brit1
harvestmoonwinery wrote:Call the winery direct! 707-573-8711

Have a great Birthday this weekend Randy or should I say young man.

harvestmoonwinery

Gr8brit1 wrote:Have a great Birthday this weekend Randy or should I say young man.

Ha. My bday is on st Patricks day, so I stay in and let the rookies celebrate. Thanks!

vervekitty1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vervekitty1
harvestmoonwinery wrote:Call the winery direct! 707-573-8711

Bah humbug! Went to purchase but Woot won't ship to Wisconsin.

harvestmoonwinery

vervekitty1 wrote:Bah humbug! Went to purchase but Woot won't ship to Wisconsin.

Contact the winery direct!

Gr8brit1

harvestmoonwinery wrote:Ha. My bday is on st Patricks day, so I stay in and let the rookies celebrate. Thanks!

Trust me Randy, you will be rocking this weekend.
Enjoy :-)

dfew82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfew82

I have to say I was excited to see this on woot. My wife and I joined at harvest moon last year and it was one of the best experiences in the Russian river valley. Randy is an awesome guy and the customer service is top notch. Hoping to get back up there this spring. Everyone should try this wine.

Gr8brit1

Gr8brit1 wrote:Trust me Randy, you will be rocking this weekend.
Enjoy :-)

Good gig at Galactic eh Randy?

https://www.facebook.com/McNearsMysticTheatre