Los Clop Argentinian Pinot Noir 5-Pack
$62.99 $107.00 41% off List Price
2013 Los Clop Pinot Noir, Mendoza Argentina
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen

2013 Bodega Clop Y Clop Pinot Noir "Los Clop"

A flock of flying monkeys dropped a bottle of this Argentinian Pinot Noir onto my lawn the other day. When I told my neighbor what had happened, she exclaimed "You must have thought you were seeing things!". To which I replied "Yes, I couldn't believe that the Pinot Noir was from Argentina."
(rimshot)

An almost translucent magenta color in the glass with thin, widely spaced legs. Looks like Kool-Aid and smells like a cherry Jolly Rancher.

Jolly Rancher palate as well with secondary notes of strawberry/raspberry, a little spice and a touch of vanilla oak with mild tannins on the medium finish.

This is a very easy drinking Pinot and would probably be a crowd pleaser at parties. I don't usually pair Pinot with pizza but this isn't the type of Pinot I normally drink, so I gave it a go and was pleasantly surprised. It had enough bite and acidity to stand up to a pepperoni pie. The spicy notes of the wine were accented by the spices in the pizza sauce. Definitely a different experience with food than without.

Day 2 and the wine is a little less fruity, a little more balanced. Still fruit forward, but the cherry is better integrated with the allspice and vanilla oak notes. A simple, but solid effort.

funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny

Happen to have a bottle of this given to me by a friend. Pop and pour, some raspberry notes but a good amount of heat from the alcohol that prevented me from tasting anything else. I let it breath for about an hour in the glass and the heat disappeared making way for more red berries, a small hit of spice a tiny touch of cassis.

Since I am observing no alcohol for lent, I have had to go the proper tasting route of not drinking it. I usually swallow and not spit, so it is taking me a bit more to figure this out. I did not try with food, but I see Chip's point about it being a food wine. It would be a nicely priced addition to a cheese and charcuterie platter or even something simple like gumbo.
For me with tax this would ship at about $14 a bottle, I think a solid wine for that price.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

tomthall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomthall
funbunny wrote:Happen to have a bottle of this given to me by a friend. Pop and pour, some raspberry notes but a good amount of heat from the alcohol that prevented me from tasting anything else. I let it breath for about an hour in the glass and the heat disappeared making way for more red berries, a small hit of spice a tiny touch of cassis.

Since I am observing no alcohol for lent, I have had to go the proper tasting route of not drinking it. I usually swallow and not spit, so it is taking me a bit more to figure this out. I did not try with food, but I see Chip's point about it being a food wine. It would be a nicely priced addition to a cheese and charcuterie platter or even something simple like gumbo.
For me with tax this would ship at about $14 a bottle, I think a solid wine for that price.

Thanks for your well written observations.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Spring forward ...

... I think some parts of the country are ready for spring.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.