noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

An e-mail message arrived in the inbox for the account I use with woot - excitedly proclaiming: Your order has shipped!

Hey noslensj,

A package for Woot order #47856052 from Wednesday, February 19, 2014 is now on its way.

If you have more packages on the way to complete this order, we'll email you the tracking info for those as they are shipped

The tracking number for this shipment is: xxxxx

Don't freak if the number isn't showing in the shipper's system yet. It takes a little time.

Which left me wondering, "What is this about?", since I was sure that I didn't have any open woot orders. So I click on the tracking link provided, which informs me,

"Package Delivered".

Shipped 2/25/2014; delivered 2/27/2014.

Signed for by .... [me].

I certainly do appreciate being informed that my order has shipped, but it is a bit Pythonesque to be informed of such eight days after it actually shipped and six days after I signed for it. I am left to conclude that I have been written into a sketch with woot's Ministry of Silly Notifications.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

DOH! Either we got the tracking file late or our servers were napping on the job.

Sorry about that.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

better late than never?

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

Keep in mind This is woot. So yes, the ministry of silly notifications probably does exist and is managed by major nonsense.

And HAL 8999 is the wootbot email server.

This should explain everything.

CT

noslensj

ThunderThighs wrote:DOH! Either we got the tracking file late or our servers were napping on the job.

Sorry about that.

TT -
There's a possibility the glitch is related to me having two separate wine.woot purchases in my cart. One was an e-mail offer, and other other was one of the regular offerings.

Or it might have nothing to do with that at all. There have been a number of other occasions when similar late notifications have occurred on singe item purchases.

ThunderThighs

Staff

noslensj wrote:TT -
There's a possibility the glitch is related to me having two separate wine.woot purchases in my cart. One was an e-mail offer, and other other was one of the regular offerings.

Or it might have nothing to do with that at all. There have been a number of other occasions when similar late notifications have occurred on singe item purchases.

Wouldn't think so but I'm not going to second guess what our software does or should do.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen
noslensj wrote:An e-mail message arrived in the inbox for the account I use with woot - excitedly proclaiming: Your order has shipped!

I certainly do appreciate being informed that my order has shipped, but it is a bit Pythonesque to be informed of such eight days after it actually shipped and six days after I signed for it. I am left to conclude that I have been written into a sketch with woot's Ministry of Silly Notifications.

Yeah, I got a March 6th shipping notice for wine that was delivered March 4th. I'll chalk that one up to the winery shipping direct from MI and probably not communicating the tracking info to woot in a timely manner and/or woot not processing that info quickly enough.

On a side note, I was disappointed that St. Julian shipped my wine in un-insulated boxes during single digit temps. Surprised the wine wasn't slush when I got it!

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin

So, my Meeker Jasper arrived,
but...

[redacted]

Seems this was an earlier order I had no record of, and just found, after just (re)ordering more.

and the chances of this are..?
Clearly not zero.

Thanks TT.

CT

ThunderThighs

Staff

RJ: PM in a minute.

FORUM MODERATOR

envirosw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages envirosw

I received a notice on 2/24 that my order from 2/11 had shipped. On checking the FedEx tracking info, a label was generated on 2/20, but no shipment had been made. FedEx confirmed they'd never been given the wine. Now, two weeks later (and four weeks after order made and CC charged), still no shipment.

Woot Support is "checking with vendor". PMs to WineDavid have gone unanswered...

Definitely better receiving a shipping notification for a delivery already made than receiving one for a shipment never made.

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
ThunderThighs wrote:RJ: PM in a minute.

replied, and thanks.

Logbook!

What! I can't troll for free wine?

CT

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman

You got extra Jasper just bring it up next time...we'll make sure it's taken care of.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

noslensj

The Wine.woot Ministry of Silly Notifications is alive and well. The following is an e-mail that arrived in my in-box not twenty minutes ago ....

Your order has shipped!

Hey noslensj,

Good news! Your Woot order #48993973 from Sunday, June 08, 2014 is now on its way.

Some orders come complete in one shipment. Others are divided into multiple shipments. If you have more packages on the way to complete this order, we'll email you the tracking info for those as they are shipped.

The tracking number for this shipment is: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You can track that here: Track package

Don't freak if the number isn't showing in the shipper's system yet. It takes a little time.

Further information about your order is below, and you can always check the details of each of your Woot orders on your Stuff You Bought page.

If you have any questions, please reach us via our Support Page. Happy tracking!

Woot

The package was delivered in the morning, two days. But hey! Thanks for the silly notification!!!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

The Woot Ministry of Silly Notifications is alive and well.

The following is part of an e-mail that arrived in my in-box ....

"I apologize for the item you never received. Unfortunately, we do not have any units available for replacement orders. We have issued a refund. Please allow 3-5 business days for the refund to show up on your original payment method. You don't need to return the item to us."

I'm so glad I don't need to return the item to them that I never received!

The other silliness is that it's from Shirt.Woot, where you'd think they would still have the pattern and plenty of blank shirts! Granted it was the USA shirt (ordered 2, received 1), but still!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.