beefytaco


quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco

Hey guys,
Its been a while. Mrs Taco and I had a kid 5mo ago, and as the stay at home dad, my free time is magically non-existant.
I couldn't find any info on an upcoming NYC event, and wanted to gauge interest. We can host in Cobble Hill, BK - it could even be child-friendly (babysitters are $$).
2014 is my year of Northern Rhone syrahs and I would love to work through the world of syrah for perspective. IMO - syrah is 2nd only to Riesling in reflecting terroir. Light and floral, huge and pruney - it goes full spectrum, is grown everywhere, and most represent their region well. I just opened a Niagara syrah that blew my mind.

Anyone down? With spring and summer trips getting booked, I would love to nail down a date soonish. Easter is 4/20. Following weekend?

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
beefytaco wrote:Hey guys,
Its been a while. Mrs Taco and I had a kid 5mo ago, and as the stay at home dad, my free time is magically non-existant.
I couldn't find any info on an upcoming NYC event, and wanted to gauge interest. We can host in Cobble Hill, BK - it could even be child-friendly (babysitters are $$).
2014 is my year of Northern Rhone syrahs and I would love to work through the world of syrah for perspective. IMO - syrah is 2nd only to Riesling in reflecting terroir. Light and floral, huge and pruney - it goes full spectrum, is grown everywhere, and most represent their region well. I just opened a Niagara syrah that blew my mind.

Anyone down? With spring and summer trips getting booked, I would love to nail down a date soonish. Easter is 4/20. Following weekend?



Pondrificous... The following weekend, HAK & I have plans in Manhattan, so maybe we can work something out whereby we do tasting on 26th, crash somewhere there-ish, and then go do our thing on the 27th. Must discuss.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

InFrom


quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

We're potentially free on that date as well.

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

So we've discussed it this past weekend, and think 4/26 should work out just fine. And a Syrah tasting sounds good too. We'd have to decide if we want to accept blends and to what percentage.

Also, you can update the title. This would be NYC Tasting #21. The last NYC tasting was 6/13/12. Wow, we've really been slacking.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

beefytaco


quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco

Excellent. Will do.

Woot!

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

sukeiasa


quality posts: 7 Private Messages sukeiasa

sorry to miss this event...
will be in turks and caicos that weekend...
have fun y'all!!

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

rpm


quality posts: 172 Private Messages rpm

I will be in California that weekend....

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

beefytaco


quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco

This needs to be rescheduled ...
Work event

If you guys want to crash though, The Rock NYC - a brand new wine bar right off the beach in Rockaway is opening that day. Wines on draft and the beach - should be fun!

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

dsapp


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dsapp

I'll try to keep track of this thread. If the rescheduled date works for us, my wife and I would like to come. It's been too long!

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
dsapp wrote:I'll try to keep track of this thread. If the rescheduled date works for us, my wife and I would like to come. It's been too long!



If we could find a date that works for all of us and also for both you & rpm...that would be like....AWESOMESAUCE!!!!

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

OoWillz


quality posts: 3 Private Messages OoWillz
HitAnyKey42 wrote:If we could find a date that works for all of us and also for both you & rpm...that would be like....AWESOMESAUCE!!!!



NYC Super Friends, when are we setting up another meeting? I have lurked around woot for almost a decade now and want to visit some fellow wooters.

I live in Manhattan, but can travel if needed and/or host for ~8 people?

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
OoWillz wrote:NYC Super Friends, when are we setting up another meeting? I have lurked around woot for almost a decade now and want to visit some fellow wooters.

I live in Manhattan, but can travel if needed and/or host for ~8 people?



Now that we've got a "newbie" interested, we should certainly get back on the ball with this. And we're way overdue on another tasting.
I know mine & cheron98's schedules have started to book up again.
beefytaco, are there any dates that are looking good for you hosting (as you're the OP that started this thread?)?

Looking at our calendar, I see we're currently wide open the weekends of 5/31, 6/7, 6/14 & 6/28. So any of those Fri/Sat's (except for Fri 5/30) would work for us.

OoWillz, Cesare, RPM & dsapp, any of those dates work for you? Hopefully beefy will chime in soon too for letting us know which dates would work for him to host.


PS. Beefy, you have a PM.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

dsapp


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dsapp

6/14 looks pretty good for us.

OoWillz


quality posts: 3 Private Messages OoWillz
dsapp wrote:6/14 looks pretty good for us.



6/14 looks good so far.

beefytaco


quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco

We have a bunch of family in town the weekend of 6/14 - my kid gets baptized the next day!

We won't be able to host, but if there's an event that day, we'll try to swing by.

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

InFrom


quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

As far as I know we're free that day, but it often turns out I'm wrong about such things...

rpm


quality posts: 172 Private Messages rpm
OoWillz wrote:6/14 looks good so far.



We have a benefit on 6/7 and a benefit on 6/14 for a charity I'm general counsel for.... the 28th could work.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

Kailadriel


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Kailadriel

Depending on how everyone feels about coming back to my tiny apartment with no A/C I can host an event. I hosted many moons ago(summer 2011) but I am happy to host again if anyone is willing to come up to my Harlem sweatbox again.

August 9, 16 or 30 are the nearest dates that work well for me.I can host around 8 guests.

And to be clear - there is still no air conditioning....so hope for cool weather, or I can host in the fall when it gets a bit cooler.

Let me know if you are interested!