2012 Stronghold Mandala Red Blend
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
12/12/11

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

greyday

quality posts: 51 Private Messages greyday

Yes, this is the vineyard owned by the guy from Tool. Or partially owned. Or whatever.

And yes, their white wasn't all that and the rose was ok at best. But I remember loving the red blend, I think it was my second favorite QPR in the Woot! $10 range (behind the White Oak cab). Nice and full and just fruity enough. A solid table wine.

kylecountryman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kylecountryman

I'm typically not a fan of documentaries, but the documentary called "Blood into Wine", which features Eric Glomski and Maynard James Keenan was pretty interesting. If I'm recalling correctly it was just about the Caduceus Winery. The wife and I both like wine and Tool, so we figured we'd check it out, and surprisingly we enjoyed it. It isn't so much focused on the band as it is the winery, and we found it interesting.

After watching that I wanted to try some of the Caduceus wines out of curiosity, but couldn't find any for what I thought was a reasonable price. I think part of the issue was that it was shortly after the documentary came out, so the market was a bit "hot". However, this might be the way to go to try some of their wines a bit more reasonably.

rgarnier

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rgarnier

Is someone able to educate me? The details say that wine cannot be delivered to Virginia, but I have bought wine here in the past (it's been a 1 1/2 years). Has Virginia law changed? Or is it a matter of where the wine originates? Thanks.

guzmantis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages guzmantis
rgarnier wrote:Is someone able to educate me? The details say that wine cannot be delivered to Virginia, but I have bought wine here in the past (it's been a 1 1/2 years). Has Virginia law changed? Or is it a matter of where the wine originates? Thanks.

Virginia no longer allowing wine.woot sales

Amazing that almost a year and a half later this still comes up nearly every day.

Anyways, back to the offer at hand... I'm a big fan of Tool (and Maynard in general), and I've always wanted to try something from Caduceus or Stronghold, but it just hasn't happened yet for some reason. At this price it is very tempting, and if I'm not impressed with the wine I can always just gift the bottles to friends who are also fans of Tool. It would certainly make for an interesting conversation :-)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rgarnier wrote:Is someone able to educate me? The details say that wine cannot be delivered to Virginia, but I have bought wine here in the past (it's been a 1 1/2 years). Has Virginia law changed? Or is it a matter of where the wine originates? Thanks.

Wine.Woot is currently not able to offer wine deals in certain states, but will be opening up additional states as laws and regulations regarding selling wine online continue to evolve.

You're welcome to also check out this thread to discuss and talk about current Wine Shipping Laws

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ponchey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ponchey

The Dala Red from AZ is pretty damn good. Noticed this is all California grown but I'll take my chances for $10. If you can find Caduceus, try it out. It's amazing but I'd stay away from the Merkin Chupacabra. I was not impressed.

edlada

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edlada

My favorite Tool song, with an appropriate name (Sober) for today's offer.

http://youtu.be/hglVqACd1C8

My dogs like me, that is important.

blindandcynical

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blindandcynical
edlada wrote:My favorite Tool song, with an appropriate name (Sober) for today's offer.

http://youtu.be/hglVqACd1C8

SEND MORE MONEY!

sint

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sint

Feedthegrapes.org says MN is a direct ship state. Why you no ship to MN?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
sint wrote:Feedthegrapes.org says MN is a direct ship state. Why you no ship to MN?

There are only 9 other comments. It's not that much reading.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

IndigoHills

quality posts: 2 Private Messages IndigoHills
kylemittskus wrote:There are only 9 other comments. It's not that much reading.

That was rather snotty, don’t you think?

brainchasm

quality posts: 6 Private Messages brainchasm
blindandcynical wrote:SEND MORE MONEY!

Hmm, wanna sell that? How's it been kept? I missed the 07s, drank the couple 08s I bought, I think there was no 09 vintage, and now I'm sitting on a case plus 1 of the 2010.

The 2011 release was a blend, and the vineyard got pulled up a year or two later due to Pierce's disease, so 100% Judith cab has gotten extraordinarily rare!