$34.99 $41.00 15% off List Price
(1) Black Truffle Butter 8 oz.
(1) White Truffle Butter 8 oz.
(1) Natural Duck Fat 7 oz.

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman

If you don't have 6 containers in the freezer like we do, buy it. It's great. Use it anywhere.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

auxdelices

quality posts: 64 Private Messages auxdelices

Hey food lovers, welcome to our world. You can imagine the meals our artisan elves enjoy every day. Mashed potatoes surrendering to dollops of earthy, musky black truffle butter. Risotto, totally defenseless against an onslaught of garlic-nuanced white truffle butter. Fries that dare go nowhere when plunged into golden duck fat. These could be your meals, too. Seize the day!

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3495 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out these comments from when these were sold back in November

pjsauter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjsauter

Duck fat. That's what you use to waterproof your boots, right?

ctviggen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ctviggen
auxdelices wrote:Hey food lovers, welcome to our world. You can imagine the meals our artisan elves enjoy every day. Mashed potatoes surrendering to dollops of earthy, musky black truffle butter. Risotto, totally defenseless against an onslaught of garlic-nuanced white truffle butter. Fries that dare go nowhere when plunged into golden duck fat. These could be your meals, too. Seize the day!

Are there any low carb things you can do with it? (My blood sugar can't handle potatoes, rice, etc.) The only thing I can think of is using it to saute greens (such as kale). While I usually use bacon fat for that, I'm sure this would be good too, but then it's a single purpose product.

talithaborealis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talithaborealis

Mashed cauliflower.

ctviggen wrote:Are there any low carb things you can do with it? (My blood sugar can't handle potatoes, rice, etc.) The only thing I can think of is using it to saute greens (such as kale). While I usually use bacon fat for that, I'm sure this would be good too, but then it's a single purpose product.

auxdelices

[quote postid="5714882" user="ctviggen"]Are there any low carb things you can do with it? (My blood sugar can't handle potatoes, rice, etc.) The only thing I can think of is using it to saute greens (such as kale). While I usually use bacon fat for that, I'm sure this would be good too, but then it's a single purpose product.[/quote

Duck fat has a higher level of unsaturated fats than other animal fats. It is definitely the better choice for recipes where gloss,mouth feel, and rich flavor are preferred. Think about recipes where the food should get a quick sear - stew meat - or roast, such as wild mushrooms, carrots, and brussels sprouts. Truffle butter is great on just about everything (except Corn Flakes). Here is a slew of recipe ideas for all 3 products. https://db.tt/UNO1E2S4

sbrady22

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sbrady22
ctviggen wrote:Are there any low carb things you can do with it? (My blood sugar can't handle potatoes, rice, etc.) The only thing I can think of is using it to saute greens (such as kale). While I usually use bacon fat for that, I'm sure this would be good too, but then it's a single purpose product.

Truffle Butter goes excellent on a grilled steak or even chopped steak. Let the butter melt on it while the steak is resting and enjoy. The truffles add that earthy flavor that is just incredible yumminess. You can also use a little duck fat if you are frying an egg and it adds a ton of flavor.

nyranger1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyranger1

Anyone know how long the duck fat is good for? I still have some in my fridge from an offer from the 2012 holidays.

Also, how long is the butter good for?

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 17 Private Messages daveinwarshington

You have 'natural duck fat'.
I'm looking for 'unnatural duck fat'.
And... What do the ducks think about this, woot?

dleuschke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dleuschke
nyranger1 wrote:Anyone know how long the duck fat is good for? I still have some in my fridge from an offer from the 2012 holidays.

the specs say the butter is good for 18 months in the freezer, and "ditto" for the duck fat, although it is said in that wootish tongue-in-cheek way.

transatlanticfoods

quality posts: 2 Private Messages transatlanticfoods
nyranger1 wrote:Anyone know how long the duck fat is good for? I still have some in my fridge from an offer from the 2012 holidays.

What are you waiting for?? Melt it down and make some duck fat fries tonight! When kept in the fridge or freezer, the duck fat will stay good forever..it's pure fat.

As for the butter, it has a shelf life of 6 weeks when refrigerated and 18 weeks when frozen.

editorkid

quality posts: 92 Private Messages editorkid

How much duck fat does it take to make a batch of fries, or, conversely, what fraction of a potato cut up into fries can be fried in 7 oz. of duck fat?

auxdelices

pjsauter wrote:Duck fat. That's what you use to waterproof your boots, right?

Well, it's not as good as bear grease for this purpose. But if you are camping and have a food shortage emergency, the quack would certainly taste better than the roar.

auxdelices

editorkid wrote:How much duck fat does it take to make a batch of fries, or, conversely, what fraction of a potato cut up into fries can be fried in 7 oz. of duck fat?

Depends - how much potato could a duck fry if a duck could fry a tater?

For real, it does depend upon the size of your (preferably cast iron) skillet and girth of your julienne. A small shallow pan fry would work for 2 thin-sliced Idahos. My Easy Fry is really a sauté of tiny cubed potatoes, because they cook fast and don't need a lot of attention. 2 potatoes would fry up nicely with the 7-ouncer.

If you roast instead of fry, 3 potatoes would get sufficient coating with one package.

If you double-fry French fries, get 2 containers.

auxdelices

Duck fat has been used to preserve duck legs since way before refrigeration. Thierry's aunt had an outdoor kitchen set up with huge vats for the annual confit and pâté production fest. It keeps forever in the freezer or fridge. Any mold that develops can be spooned out.

Truffle butters are good for 18+ months in the freezer, 6 weeks refrigerated.

But why would you wait that long to slather black truffle butter on freshly harvested corn, melt white truffle butter over a grilled tuna steak, or confit baby artichokes in bath of duck fat?

auxdelices

daveinwarshington wrote:You have 'natural duck fat'.
I'm looking for 'unnatural duck fat'.
And... What do the ducks think about this, woot?

Daisy likes duck fat to stir fry her dainty vegetables. Donald's more traditional, a meat and potatoes guy.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
auxdelices wrote:Depends - how much potato could a duck fry if a duck could fry a tater?

For real, it does depend upon the size of your (preferably cast iron) skillet and girth of your julienne. A small shallow pan fry would work for 2 thin-sliced Idahos. My Easy Fry is really a sauté of tiny cubed potatoes, because they cook fast and don't need a lot of attention. 2 potatoes would fry up nicely with the 7-ouncer.

If you roast instead of fry, 3 potatoes would get sufficient coating with one package.

If you double-fry French fries, get 2 containers.

So $10 in duck fat to fry up two potatoes that cost about 50 cents each...something seems off about that equation.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

thumperchick

quality posts: 239 Private Messages thumperchick

So, without starting a debate on it, I have a question.

Is duck fat a side product of making fois gras?

Cyradia

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Cyradia
North316 wrote:So $10 in duck fat to fry up two potatoes that cost about 50 cents each...something seems off about that equation.

Cosign.

Also, I would have guessed like...a tablespoon for a cast iron pan load of potato slices. Maybe the original poster is doing a real "dunk in a full vat of heated oil" type fry.

I bought this package a few offerings ago. Didn't really care for it. Nothing wrong with the products, I just didn't fall in love with the flavors like most wooters do. I tried all the recommended uses of it, but found the strong flavors more distracting than helpful. I'm obviously in the minority.

I always like to mention though...a small pat of duck fat is a wonderful fat to season cast iron with.

auxdelices

North316 wrote:So $10 in duck fat to fry up two potatoes that cost about 50 cents each...something seems off about that equation.

True, vegetable oil does the trick, albeit less elegantly, for school uniform days. But when you want to gussy up and taste the finer things in life, full-flavored fat makes the meal all the more special. P.S. Duck fat can be strained and reused.

auxdelices

thumperchick wrote:So, without starting a debate on it, I have a question.

Given the right duck, it could be. Ours isn't from ducks raised to harvest the liver.

Think of it this way - if you have your appendix removed, it won't change the nature of your skin

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
thumperchick wrote:So, without starting a debate on it, I have a question.

Nope. Two different animals.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

thumperchick

quality posts: 239 Private Messages thumperchick
auxdelices wrote:Given the right duck, it could be. Ours isn't from ducks raised to harvest the liver.

kylemittskus wrote:Nope. Two different animals.

Thanks for the info!

transatlanticfoods

There's still some states that haven't Woot at all (you know who you are)! Why??

tagbiker

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tagbiker

I still have some of the white and black truffle butter from another sale. They go well with the right foods, save the black for more "meaty" dishes, the white works great for pastas, fish and veggies. They are quite strong, and a little goes a very long way. It took a couple uses before we got the balance correct. Makes a nice flavor tho, adds a complexity to some dishes.

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
Cyradia wrote:Cosign.

Also, I would have guessed like...a tablespoon for a cast iron pan load of potato slices. Maybe the original poster is doing a real "dunk in a full vat of heated oil" type fry.

Yep, this is what I do and it works quite well. A tablespoon or two in the pan with some sliced or diced taters...yummy as well.

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

Well I'm sure it's yummy and all, but that's some pretty expensive fat.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

It's what's for lunch. ♩

coberst

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coberst

...mmmmm duck butter

©

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
narquespamley wrote:Well I'm sure it's yummy and all, but that's some pretty expensive fat.

But well worth it!

auxdelices

transatlanticfoods wrote:What are you waiting for?? Melt it down and make some duck fat fries tonight! When kept in the fridge or freezer, the duck fat will stay good forever..it's pure fat.

As for the butter, it has a shelf life of 6 weeks when refrigerated and 18 weeks when frozen.

oopss we meant 18 months when frozen.

transatlanticfoods

narquespamley wrote:Well I'm sure it's yummy and all, but that's some pretty expensive fat.

Don't forget about the truffle butter! We use real truffles. It's all well worth the price and keeps for a very long time, especially in the freezer. We think you should try it out...your taste buds won't be disappointed.

trgi21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trgi21

Did any one had the same experience as me. I ordered 2 and only received 1 set of butters and duck fat. I contacted Woot last week and I got usual drone emails that we are looking into it but nothing happened after a week.

Just wondering if it ever happened to anyone.

Thx.

transatlanticfoods

trgi21 wrote:Did any one had the same experience as me. I ordered 2 and only received 1 set of butters and duck fat. I contacted Woot last week and I got usual drone emails that we are looking into it but nothing happened after a week.

Just wondering if it ever happened to anyone.

Thx.

We're so sorry about this mishap! Please email us directly at info@transatlanticfoods.com and we'll take care of it.

trgi21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trgi21
transatlanticfoods wrote:We're so sorry about this mishap! Please email us directly at info@transatlanticfoods.com and we'll take care of it.

You know what surprise I got today, I got my second half of the order courtesy Transatlantic food. This was a surprise as Woot told me that they cannot send it until 5-7 weeks and thus cancelling half of my order.

Good folks at Transatlantic took time to make it right and Francois even added couple of grilling butters for mishap with a personal note. May be woot should learn what customer service means from these guys.

Woot if you are not a drone (as I suspect from emails I got so far) you can charge me again for the refund you gave me and please pay these folks. may be even get them on your team so that you can learn what customer service means.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

trgi21 wrote:You know what surprise I got today, I got my second half of the order courtesy Transatlantic food. This was a surprise as Woot told me that they cannot send it until 5-7 weeks and thus cancelling half of my order.

Good folks at Transatlantic took time to make it right and Francois even added couple of grilling butters for mishap with a personal note. May be woot should learn what customer service means from these guys.

Woot if you are not a drone (as I suspect from emails I got so far) you can charge me again for the refund you gave me and please pay these folks. may be even get them on your team so that you can learn what customer service means.

We're really glad you were helped out there and that Transatlantic took care of you.

I will definitely forward your post along to the Wine Staff and let them know.

Much thanks for the post and enjoy the deliciousness