Cesare

quality posts: 1698 Private Messages Cesare

Soiree Tempour All-in-One Perfect Bottle Pourer with Replacement Chillers
$49.99 $80.00 38% off List Price

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

khunjeff

quality posts: 21 Private Messages khunjeff

I Wooted some regular Soirees a while back, and use them almost every day - they provide easy, drip-free pouring, and filter out sediment at the same time. This "chiller" version seems a lot more complicated and potentially much more difficult to clean (that little brush makes me nervous)...and since I don't drink many white or rose wines, I think I'm going to pass this time. Sorry, Woot.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3920 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

ashlux

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashlux

Two very important questions: 1) Does it work with boxed wine? 2) Does it run Linux?

galbinuscaeli

quality posts: 1 Private Messages galbinuscaeli

Has anyone checked to see how much temperature drop these actually cause? Seems to me like it wouldn't be much, not enough time in contact with the exchanger and just not enough thermal mass to absorb much heat.

cole103

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cole103

The end of the video shows them aerating champagne---really???

rathfon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rathfon

It seems this is 34.99 on Amazon

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes
rathfon wrote:It seems this is 34.99 on Amazon

I believe the "Replacement Chillers" are an additional purchase @ $19.99, bringing the Amazon total for the equivalent products to $54.98.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

JenToTheT

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JenToTheT

This seems like a complicated bit of machinery to simply enjoy a glass of zinfandel. The fridge works for me.

Soiree

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Soiree
cole103 wrote:The end of the video shows them aerating champagne---really???

We are showing that Tempour can also serve champagne, with an emphasis on the chilling feature. However, some champagnes, like white wine can present closed down aromatically, and gentle aeration can assist them.

We want to convey that Tempour is a versatile tool, open to user exploration.

hope that helps,

andrew
soireehome

[MOD: No advertising pls]

Soiree

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Soiree
galbinuscaeli wrote:Has anyone checked to see how much temperature drop these actually cause? Seems to me like it wouldn't be much, not enough time in contact with the exchanger and just not enough thermal mass to absorb much heat.

Tempour is named as such, as it is meant to moderate or "temper" the warming of a bottle. It will keep a moderately chilled bottle well-chilled, but will not be able to convert a warm bottle to a cold one.

Further, it also greatly assists with red wines, as most red wines are designed to be consumed at 65F +/-, and most people buy or store their wine at room temperature. We also have customers that use it for serving tequila, vodka, and sake with an extra chill.

As a side note, I have also dropped the extra chilling rods into warm bottles to bolster the cooling, from within.

And Tempour is die cast & welded from 100% stainless steel, with freezer gel in the cooling sticks, it is the best on the market, without question.

Hope this helps.

best
andrew

[MOD: No advertising pls]