quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

Anyone out there with tasting notes?

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

This was included in this
previous Woot.

chipgreen

quality posts: 186 Private Messages chipgreen
jmdavidson wrote:Anyone out there with tasting notes?

This is one of the few WineSmith wines I have yet to try but I'm sitting on 2 bottles and about to buy 2 more so that will soon change!

There are a few notes on CT including from klezman and BlackIce (aka jimjacks66).

I know that the fruit has a great pedigree, coming from Kathy Joseph's Fiddlestix vineyard.

Cyradia

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Cyradia

Not good tasting notes, but the general impression it left me was:

Very good for a CA pinot, but a little one dimensional. If memory serves...had the classic red fruit of a pinot, but lacked the tobacco/earthy notes I really like.

However, it's also worth noting that I'm a Willamette Valley pinot snob and notoriously hard on CA pinots unless they're cheap. In other words, if I'm going to splurge on an expensive pinot I want it to be a complex and well done Willamette. While I'm glad I tried it and enjoyed it, this wasn't a do-over for me at this price.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Man, this has been a very tempting woot off...great offers IMO. Thank goodness I need cash as down payment for a new home in the next three months!

Ive enjoyed every Wine Smith I have had (Pennyfarthing PN, Rose, Barbera, and Chard-and I quite dislike the grape).

"The older I get the better I was"

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
losthighwayz wrote:and Chard-and I quite dislike the grape).

I've already mentioning not liking chard earlier today, but I did enjoy the Faux Chablis and have since enjoyed a few real Chablis.

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta

I did not find this 1 dimensional by any means. Really enjoyed this and highly recommend. $30 for a Pinot isn't much of a splurge as most under $20 is plonk, but this one is worth it if it's a reach for you. I found it better than the 2007 expression Roserock.

zimco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zimco

Anyone know why it takes Winewoot a week to ship?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

zimco wrote:Anyone know why it takes Winewoot a week to ship?

Welllllll, actually it takes 2-3 weeks.

Wine.woot shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

zimco

Aha. Its been 2 weeks from the time of this customer paid order and no shipping notice yet. Are you sure Winewoot (aka Amazon) has paid the winery for the order?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

zimco wrote:Aha. Its been 2 weeks from the time of this customer paid order and no shipping notice yet. Are you sure Winewoot (aka Amazon) has paid the winery for the order?

Heh, yes. WD does watch the weather when doing shipping logistics. There's been a lot of bad weather across the country.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

zimco

Dumb excuse!~