0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lamcjunk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lamcjunk

We had the 2010 Chard. I realize it's not the same year, but here's what we thought of it:

rated it 'Nice'
Nose: Band-Aid, light clove-pepper
Palate: almond, tomato, minerals. Fairly smooth, very slight bite upon swallowing. Tastes 'complex'.
Balance: nicely balanced, but not silky smooth/buttery like your typical Chardonnay
Finish: the 'buttery' chard taste comes thru more on the finish, which is nice and long.

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 240 Private Messages SonomaBouliste

Hi, Peter here, ready to answer questions (if anyone cares to ask).

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Thanks Peter.

No questions. Bought two for a full case of white for the summer. I do believe it will come. Though up here that makes me an optimist, a bottle half full kind of guy.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

Afternoon, Peter. I'm in for your Rhone whites if/when they show up. Or a case of your Dutchess. That stuff is insane QPR.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Cyradia

quality posts: 30 Private Messages Cyradia

Sure, I'll throw out a couple of questions while we have Peter attention...

How do these compare to the prior year?

Any hints on if we're likely to see Duke or Dutchess around on woot?

losthighwayz

quality posts: 63 Private Messages losthighwayz

Want the SB but not the Chard. Any SoCal splitters?

"The older I get the better I was"

coolchris160

quality posts: 49 Private Messages coolchris160
Cyradia wrote:Sure, I'll throw out a couple of questions while we have Peter attention...

^^^^This

I have yet to try either the Duke or the Dutchess, but would love to order some based on all of the great feedback from others. Please Peter? Pretty please?

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 240 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
Cyradia wrote:Sure, I'll throw out a couple of questions while we have Peter attention...

First, I prefer both these wines over the previous vintage. The 2011 Chardonnay is quite similar to the 2010, with apple, citrus and pear fruit over a hint of butterscotch - like oak. The 2012 SB has a "riper" character, more peach and cantaloupe versus more grapefruit and gooseberry in the 2011.

We couldn't afford to do a Duke and/or Duchess (no "t", she's not from Holland) only w00t offering, even at full retail price. You may see them in mixed offerings again in the future.

Cyradia

SonomaBouliste wrote:
We couldn't afford to do a Duke and/or Duchess (no "t", she's not from Holland) only w00t offering, even at full retail price. You may see them in mixed offerings again in the future.

Fair enough. I'll just keep filling up the extra slots in the wine club case shipment with them.

Thanks for the response.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

I'm a Wellington fan, but I've yet to be convinced that chardonnay is a varietal I enjoy.

svwindom

quality posts: 12 Private Messages svwindom
loveladyelectric wrote:I'm a Wellington fan, but I've yet to be convinced that chardonnay is a varietal I enjoy.

I'm the same. I ended up giving the Chardonnay from my previous mixed white woot to friends. I just - I am sure it's good wine, I just don't like it. (Sorry!)

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
svwindom wrote:I'm the same. I ended up giving the Chardonnay from my previous mixed white woot to friends. I just - I am sure it's good wine, I just don't think I would like it. (Sorry!)

IFTFY

losthighwayz

quality posts: 63 Private Messages losthighwayz
svwindom wrote:I'm the same. I ended up giving the Chardonnay from my previous mixed white woot to friends. I just - I am sure it's good wine, I just don't like it. (Sorry!)

+1

"The older I get the better I was"

deecue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deecue

so for those of you who picked up the mixed case this past summer, how did the two here (chard + sb) fair since the rhones and duchess are amiss?

i'm def interested, but would like to hear some thoughts first from previous wooters if possible..

thanks!

svwindom

quality posts: 12 Private Messages svwindom
chipgreen wrote:IFTFY

Let me rephrase. I ended up giving the remaining two bottles of the Chardonnay to friends, since I did not like the first.

Cyradia

deecue wrote:so for those of you who picked up the mixed case this past summer, how did the two here (chard + sb) fair since the rhones and duchess are amiss?

i'm def interested, but would like to hear some thoughts first from previous wooters if possible..

thanks!

So his Rhones I only like with food. I really appreciate how unique they are, almost more than I enjoy them for their flavor. They're just the perfect trick to pull out of the bag for a meal that should kind of be a white wine pairing, but has some heft to it...like a cream sauce or a heavy chicken dish.

Duchess is a crazy QPR, and a very easy drinker. It retails at $10 and if you're a member of the wine club I think you get 25% off...you see how tempting it is to pick up a case.

I like chards, especially ones that are lightly oaked without being overbearing...and I like his a lot. It's very good and I think the price is right where it should be. That said, chards are the one thing I can find for about $10ish in the grocery store, too, that I'm happy with.

We're a weird SB household, bc the real SB drinker likes the very "limey" New Zealand ones. So, she's always a little hard on California ones, especially ones that go towards the melon/peach side of things. So, while I think Peter's SBs are good, I'm neutral on them for purchase because I have to drink most of them and it's not my favorite varietal.

deecue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deecue
Cyradia wrote:So his Rhones I only like with food. I really appreciate how unique they are, almost more than I enjoy them for their flavor. They're just the perfect trick to pull out of the bag for a meal that should kind of be a white wine pairing, but has some heft to it...like a cream sauce or a heavy chicken dish.

Duchess is a crazy QPR, and a very easy drinker. It retails at $10 and if you're a member of the wine club I think you get 25% off...you see how tempting it is to pick up a case.

I like chards, especially ones that are lightly oaked without being overbearing...and I like his a lot. It's very good and I think the price is right where it should be. That said, chards are the one thing I can find for about $10ish in the grocery store, too, that I'm happy with.

We're a weird SB household, bc the real SB drinker likes the very "limey" New Zealand ones. So, she's always a little hard on California ones, especially ones that go towards the melon/peach side of things. So, while I think Peter's SBs are good, I'm neutral on them for purchase because I have to drink most of them and it's not my favorite varietal.

thanks Cyradia, much appreciated..

nathanbsmith

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nathanbsmith

Peter,

If you ever acquire a license to sell wine in Tennessee. And I hope you do, I will be the first in line to become a wine club member...

LAST PURCHASE: Creminelli Italian Salami

2014: 1 (Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators)

2013: 183 bottles and counting
2012: 74 bottles
2011: 38 bottles

My CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
svwindom wrote:Let me rephrase. I ended up giving the remaining two bottles of the Chardonnay to friends, since I did not like the first.

Apologies, my misunderstanding.