zortapa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zortapa

Hey WW,

WHAT GIVES!?!?!?!?!

My shipment of Robert Nenow Napa Valley Cab Sauvignon arrived with one of the corks popped! I wrote to customer support twice, but haven't receive a follow-up response for over two weeks. I also sent a PM to WD and did not get any response at all!

Do I need to file a complaint with my credit card company?

Come on, man (or woman)!

-Zortapa

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

Woot "service" is extremely slow. Frustratingly obnoxiously slow. But rest assured, you will get replacement bottles. WD always makes good, you just have to go through main-woot service first. Yes, it's annoying, but patience will win out.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

zortapa

Either replacement bottles or a refund - I really don't care which it is.

So, the scientific question is what would cause the pressure inside a bottle to increase so much that it pushes the cork through the protective foil and out about 1.5 inches? Heat? Deep freeze? Bad juice? If it is a systematic shipping issue then I seriously question the quality of the other two bottles in the shipment.

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
zortapa wrote:Either replacement bottles or a refund - I really don't care which it is.

So, the scientific question is what would cause the pressure inside a bottle to increase so much that it pushes the cork through the protective foil and out about 1.5 inches? Heat? Deep freeze? Bad juice? If it is a systematic shipping issue then I seriously question the quality of the other two bottles in the shipment.

When was the purchase/shipment, and where are you?
Freezing will most assuredly do this. I know from experience when I was chilling a bottle in the freezer and forgot about it.

CT

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

zortapa wrote:Hey WW,

WHAT GIVES!?!?!?!?!

My shipment of Robert Nenow Napa Valley Cab Sauvignon arrived with one of the corks popped! I wrote to customer support twice, but haven't receive a follow-up response for over two weeks. I also sent a PM to WD and did not get any response at all!

Do I need to file a complaint with my credit card company?

Come on, man (or woman)!

-Zortapa

sorry I missed this. checking into it. for sure start with support.woot and go from there. i'll keep an eye out.

and I answered your PM - not sure how I missed it.

David

zortapa

rjquillin wrote:When was the purchase/shipment, and where are you?
Freezing will most assuredly do this. I know from experience when I was chilling a bottle in the freezer and forgot about it.

Left the left coast on 1/3/14 and arrived on the right coast on 1/8/14.

My concern is that if one bottle froze so much that it forced the cork out, then it is likely that the other bottles probably froze a bit too.

jgtabery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgtabery

I have not received a shipment of Woot Cellars Fruit Bomb (8 bottles)that I ordered on Jan.3rd. Support keeps telling me that it was delivered on the 10th but that was another item that falls under the same order number as I ordered them at the same time. The item that was delivered weighed 1.9 lbs and we know that isn't what 8 bottles of wine would weigh. What else can I do? I have bought many bottles on Wine Woot and this is my first problem with a delivery. Its strange as this is marketed as their own Woot brand.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Normally wine ships in 2-3 weeks but some deliveries are being delayed due to the freezing weather - to protect the wine. And in some cases, transportation just isn't running due to the weather.

There's no tracking yet so I think this falls in the weather bucket. That's what we've been told.

WD watches out for y'all. Be patient.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

jgtabery wrote:I have not received a shipment of Woot Cellars Fruit Bomb (8 bottles)that I ordered on Jan.3rd. Support keeps telling me that it was delivered on the 10th but that was another item that falls under the same order number as I ordered them at the same time. The item that was delivered weighed 1.9 lbs and we know that isn't what 8 bottles of wine would weigh. What else can I do? I have bought many bottles on Wine Woot and this is my first problem with a delivery. Its strange as this is marketed as their own Woot brand.

I'm on this. stay tuned.

jgtabery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgtabery
Winedavid39 wrote:I'm on this. stay tuned.

Thanks...appreciate the quick response!

zortapa

It has been a month since I've heard anything from woot. Why hasn't this been resolved yet?

Zortapa

Winedavid39 wrote:sorry I missed this. checking into it. for sure start with support.woot and go from there. i'll keep an eye out.

and I answered your PM - not sure how I missed it.

David

ThunderThighs

Staff

zortapa wrote:It has been a month since I've heard anything from woot. Why hasn't this been resolved yet?

Zortapa

I'm sorry, let me see what I can find out.

In the meantime, could you check your spam/junk folders for a response?

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

zortapa

SPAM folder? Not a chance. I have WOOT correspondence sent directly to a VIP folder!

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm sorry, let me see what I can find out.

In the meantime, could you check your spam/junk folders for a response?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

zortapa wrote:SPAM folder? Not a chance. I have WOOT correspondence sent directly to a VIP folder!

It's also possible that you use another email address not associated with your Woot account?

I'm also going to forward your post/username along to Woot Member Services and see if I can't help find a resolve for you.

zortapa

Again, not a chance. I just use one email address for woot.

ROGETRAY wrote:It's also possible that you use another email address not associated with your Woot account?

I'm also going to forward your post/username along to Woot Member Services and see if I can't help find a resolve for you.

zortapa

Replacement received.
-Zortapa

envirosw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages envirosw

I've been awaiting delivery of my order of a case of Raised by Wolves Bad Moon Rising red blend (offered through a Wine.Woot VIP invitation) since ordering it on February 11th. Two weeks later, I received a notification that a FedEx label had been generated, but the wine was never given to FedEx (confirmed directly with FedEx).

Eventually, I was able to convince Woot support to look into the non-shipment problem, and was advised earlier this week that it could take 6 weeks for a "replacement" to be shipped. Needless to say, I shot back a message that a 10 week shipment window (compared to the 3-8 business day delivery window originally promised) was not acceptable.

I just received word from Woot support that "it looks like the item has been lost in transit" and that a refund will be issued. While I appreciate Woot coughing up the money I paid more than a month ago, I was really hoping to receive the wine.

Lessons learned:
1. I should have known in advance that it can take up to 6 weeks to for a replacement order to be shipped by Wine.Woot.
2. When placing an order from Wine.Woot, think of it as a request for an item, rather than a commitment from them to ship the item that you paid for.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
envirosw wrote:I've been awaiting delivery of my order of a case of Raised by Wolves Bad Moon Rising red blend (offered through a Wine.Woot VIP invitation) since ordering it on February 11th. Two weeks later, I received a notification that a FedEx label had been generated, but the wine was never given to FedEx (confirmed directly with FedEx).

Eventually, I was able to convince Woot support to look into the non-shipment problem, and was advised earlier this week that it could take 6 weeks for a "replacement" to be shipped. Needless to say, I shot back a message that a 10 week shipment window (compared to the 3-8 business day delivery window originally promised) was not acceptable.

I just received word from Woot support that "it looks like the item has been lost in transit" and that a refund will be issued. While I appreciate Woot coughing up the money I paid more than a month ago, I was really hoping to receive the wine.

Lessons learned:
1. I should have known in advance that it can take up to 6 weeks to for a replacement order to be shipped by Wine.Woot.
2. When placing an order from Wine.Woot, think of it as a request for an item, rather than a commitment from them to ship the item that you paid for.

Regardless of the other circumstances of your situation, the 3-8 days shipping window is the expected shipping time once the item has shipped, not once it has been ordered. I agree that woot posting that number is misleading, but the wine.woot FAQ states that shipments generally take 2-3 weeks.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ThunderThighs

Staff

envirosw wrote:I've been awaiting delivery of my order of a case of Raised by Wolves Bad Moon Rising red blend (offered through a Wine.Woot VIP invitation) since ordering it on February 11th. Two weeks later, I received a notification that a FedEx label had been generated, but the wine was never given to FedEx (confirmed directly with FedEx).

Lessons learned:

Wine is quite a bit different than our other sales. In many cases, WD has to get back to the winery to get the replacement. There's a lot of communication and stuff that has to go on for an shipment that isn't part of a larger sale.

I'm sorry for the problems you experienced.

FORUM MODERATOR

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

I must take the Zen approach to wine woot. When there is something I like, I order. When I want wine, I go to my wine fridge. When the fridge gets half full, I go to my wine locker. There is always wine. Occasionally some arrives from woot and I pick it up at my locker. There is more wine...it is good.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

envirosw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages envirosw
cmaldoon wrote:I must take the Zen approach to wine woot. When there is something I like, I order. When I want wine, I go to my wine fridge. When the fridge gets half full, I go to my wine locker. There is always wine. Occasionally some arrives from woot and I pick it up at my locker. There is more wine...it is good.

I keep my my wine (and my $$) on a fairly tight leash…

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
envirosw wrote:I keep my my wine (and my $$) on a fairly tight leash…

Peace. I understand. Also, 6 weeks is a bit overlong even for my system.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

zortapa

zortapa wrote:Replacement received.
-Zortapa

Just a quick follow-up note --

After receiving my replacement bottle, I decided to try the wine in the "bad" bottle that I had originally received. It was HORRID and tasted like VERY BAD VINEGAR!

I've had corked wines before, but this maderized wine was very different -- much much worse!

Interestingly, I simultaneously opened another bottle from that shipment and it was very good. I guess the problem bottle must have gotten backed while still at the winery.

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin

I thought I remembered a shipping thread, but don't see it just now.

A tip-o-the-hat to WD for content notation on FedEx shippers.
You can look at them and see what's coming your way.

Just ordered some stuff on the other sites...

..information sux.
It doesn't exist; you just guess.

Thanks WD and the folks at WCC.

CT