quality posts: 1592 Private Messages Cesare

Brandini Toffee for Valentine's Day
$34.99 $46.99 26% off List Price
Brandini Artisan Toffee, 2 lb in a Valentine's Day Tin

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman

Delicious toffeecrack. I'd so love to order some but so cannot afford the calories in my life.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3325 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

There is nothing I love more than toffee. Since I do not have a valentine this year, anyone wanna buy this for me? Manhandsha?Thunderthighs?Agingdragqueen?Pemberducky?

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

conanthelibrarian wrote:There is nothing I love more than toffee. Since I do not have a valentine this year, anyone wanna buy this for me? Manhandsha?Thunderthighs?Agingdragqueen?Pemberducky?

That's so sweet, but I was gonna ask you the same thing. ;)

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

pkrzycki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pkrzycki

I love their toffee, and I wish they were selling the toffee toppers too!!!

edlada

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edlada

Been hearing about this stuff since their first appearance on woot.wine years ago. Since I can't get it shipped to Poland, I got one for my sister, she is always nice to me and she and her husband a have a bit of a sweet tooth. I am pretty sure they will enjoy it.

My dogs like me, that is important.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
pkrzycki wrote:I love their toffee, and I wish they were selling the toffee toppers too!!!

If you call them tell them your a wine wooter they usually give you 20% off on your order

siryn79

quality posts: 2 Private Messages siryn79

i love brandini toffee, but this doesn't seem like much of a deal..

thebrandiniman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thebrandiniman

Thank you winewoot for featuring our new Valentines tin! If anyone has any questions about it feel free to ask. My rhetorical question to you is, who wouldn't love some Brandini Toffee this Valentines Day?

dreamsayer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreamsayer
siryn79 wrote:i love brandini toffee, but this doesn't seem like much of a deal..

A 2LB box on their web site is $43.95. Seems like a decent deal to me.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
dreamsayer wrote:A 2LB box on their web site is $43.95. Seems like a decent deal to me.

+1

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

db7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages db7
dreamsayer wrote:A 2LB box on their web site is $43.95. Seems like a decent deal to me.

$34.99 + $5 shipping = $39.99

a $3.96 discount, plus waiting 2-3 weeks for Woot! to just ship it - does not seem like a good deal.

kylemittskus

db7 wrote:$34.99 + $5 shipping = $39.99

a $3.96 discount, plus waiting 2-3 weeks for Woot! to just ship it - does not seem like a good deal.

Rut roh.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

THIS OFFER back in October had 2lb of toffee AND 1lb of Toppers for the same price as this offer. That was a decent deal (but not great). This offer....well, it's what woot has become.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

mdctreeguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdctreeguy
North316 wrote:THIS OFFER back in October had 2lb of toffee AND 1lb of Toppers for the same price as this offer. That was a decent deal (but not great). This offer....well, it's what woot has become.

Filet mignon pricing for candy seems high to me, but I don't buy bulk candy often.....

redcore

quality posts: 2 Private Messages redcore
db7 wrote:$34.99 + $5 shipping = $39.99

the shipping price goes further when you add more things to your cart :P

but truthfully, I'm not one to spend $35 on a tin of toffee. it would sit around and I would beg anybody around to eat it. I'm passing on this as well.

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

This is good toffee and somehow the following song seems appropriate here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDKFZpGeVVo

enjoy!

Toffeeking

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Toffeeking

Been out in la la land all day. Where are my WW longtime friends?

Toffeeking

mdctreeguy wrote:Filet mignon pricing for candy seems high to me, but I don't buy bulk candy often.....

This is the filet of candy...or the crack of the toffee world. All of the Brandini products are HAND CRAFTED.

For those wine wooter that visit the Palm Springs area. Stop by our store in Rancho Mirage for some great discounts for wine wooters.

Toffeeking

North316 wrote:THIS OFFER back in October had 2lb of toffee AND 1lb of Toppers for the same price as this offer. That was a decent deal (but not great). This offer....well, it's what woot has become.

The price difference is the cost of the tin.

Toffeeking

There has been much discussion in the past about future offerings from Brandini. It was posted by several wine woot bloggers that they just wanted toffee, no Poopers, no Toppers.

What should the next offer be?

North316

Toffeeking wrote:The price difference is the cost of the tin.

Scrap the tin, put it in a plastic bag, and slash the price. That special someone won't care what it's in once they taste it.

My CT

North316

Toffeeking wrote:There has been much discussion in the past about future offerings from Brandini. It was posted by several wine woot bloggers that they just wanted toffee, no Poopers, no Toppers.

All true. I specifically asked for a 5 gallon bucket though, not a Valentines tin. I would lift my woot-azon boycott for a 5 gallon bucket.

My CT

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
Toffeeking wrote:This is the filet of candy...or the crack of the toffee world. All of the Brandini products are HAND CRAFTED.

For those wine wooter that visit the Palm Springs area. Stop by our store in Rancho Mirage for some great discounts for wine wooters.

Tough crowd....

Been there twice, informed the staff I'm a wine wooter and was treated like an old friend, love these guys (& Gals)

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

The crowd here does seem a bit grumpy today.
Perhaps those Christmas CC bills are arriving and piling up?

Great toffee, crack toffee as Klez said; start on it and you just can't stop gnawing on it.

Difficult price point, but comparable with other on-line offers.
You know Brandini is the first hit for "gourmet toffee"? Doing something right, thanks for dropping in today.

CT

marckessler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marckessler
mdctreeguy wrote:Filet mignon pricing for candy seems high to me, but I don't buy bulk candy often.....

This is the best you've tasted and it's definitely worth it. Plus IT KEEPS A LONG TIME IN THE FREEZER!

emccarl

quality posts: 9 Private Messages emccarl
Toffeeking wrote:There has been much discussion in the past about future offerings from Brandini. It was posted by several wine woot bloggers that they just wanted toffee, no Poopers, no Toppers.

I'll take 5 lbs of your Toffee in a Feed Bag. Skip the packaging, as it just delays the pleasure.

Seriously, this is the real deal when it comes to toffee.

Toffeeking

rjquillin wrote:The crowd here does seem a bit grumpy today.

Great toffee, crack toffee as Klez said; start on it and you just can't stop gnawing on it.

Difficult price point, but comparable with other on-line offers.
You know Brandini is the first hit for "gourmet toffee"? Doing something right, thanks for dropping in today.

Wine George has to be credited for find Brandini 6 years ago at the NASFT Fancy Food Show...But the wine woot family has really helped spread the word...BEST FANS EVER!

Still doing the R&D on the 5 gallon bucket of Brandini. Will put together one for our monthly Facebook contest winner

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
Toffeeking wrote:Still doing the R&D on the 5 gallon bucket of Brandini. Will put together one for our monthly Facebook contest winner

Now that's incentive!

CT

kylemittskus

This toffee is seriously delicious. I don't think any of the complainers, me included, would disagree. I'm not thrilled about the deal this time. Like North, the expensive tin can be bought for $0.99 although not as nice. But that doesn't change the fact that this stuff is delicious.

redcore

quality posts: 2 Private Messages redcore
rjquillin wrote:The crowd here does seem a bit grumpy today.

Haha, pretty close! Valentine's Day coming up, taxes coming up, trying to lose the holiday weight I put on :P For ME it's bad timing I think if it were a smaller packaging (half as much) I would've had my arm twisted enough to take the plunge