2012 Friends White Wine Blend, Sonoma County
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
9/27/13

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 48 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

I love Pedroncelli wines. They are typically offered at a nice price point, a great value, the reds tend to age well and they are almost always varietally correct. On the last point, how much residual sugar is in this blend? Gewurtz can be anywhere from sweet to dry. I won't ask what the proprietary blend is, but would like to know if this wine has much sugar in order to inform my decision as to buy one or buy three from both my wife's account and my own.
BTW, this sounds a bit like the first Triacipadis blend without the riesling, if my memory serves me correctly.

philct

quality posts: 1 Private Messages philct
SmilingBoognish wrote:I love Pedroncelli wines. They are typically offered at a nice price point, a great value, the reds tend to age well and they are almost always varietally correct. On the last point, how much residual sugar is in this blend? Gewurtz can be anywhere from sweet to dry. I won't ask what the proprietary blend is, but would like to know if this wine has much sugar in order to inform my decision as to buy one or buy three from both my wife's account and my own.
BTW, this sounds a bit like the first Triacipadis blend without the riesling, if my memory serves me correctly.

Pedroncelli is an instant buy in our household. I've yet to be disappointed in any of their wines, both in quality and price point.. This is one of my go to QPR wines for parties at our house... Also, the customer service is amazing (in fact for new folks you likely will see someone posting very very soon from the winery {HI ED!!!}...

[img]

TheEndless

quality posts: 14 Private Messages TheEndless
SmilingBoognish wrote:On the last point, how much residual sugar is in this blend?

From the horse's mouth last time this was offered: "Very low. 0.5%"

TheEndless

sphervey

quality posts: 39 Private Messages sphervey

A very favorable review for the QPR of the 2012 Friends echoing the comments of Philct above, mulling this one over:

http://www.goodcheapvino.com/pedroncelli-friends-white-wine/

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Pedroncelli, it's Italian for QPR.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

abmagic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abmagic

Pedroncelli was the last case bought from Woot before the GA shipping was cut off. Agree with other posters that this would be an automatic buy, but alas, government interference reigns supreme.

lastebb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lastebb

Does anyone know if wine.woot buyers actually receive their product? I placed an order in Dec 11th and have not rcvd anything but a charge to my Visa. Woot Support will not help!

[mod note: we'll be checking on your order with CS!]

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
North316 wrote:Pedroncelli, it's Italian for QPR.

Where's Ed?
That's his line..

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20
lastebb wrote:Does anyone know if wine.woot buyers actually receive their product? I placed an order in Dec 11th and have not rcvd anything but a charge to my Visa. Woot Support will not help!

Just dispute the charge with visa since no goods were received and there was no attempt at mediation by the seller. You should get your money back no problem.

CT

mommybob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mommybob

So - is this a dry wine? I'm not a fan of most chardonnays - they are usually too creamy for me.

intodogs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages intodogs

I purchased this wine the last time it was offered. I really enjoyed it and as per the sweetness...very little. I do not like sweet whites (or reds for that matter) and this works. Also, the label is great for gift giving. Getting ready to hit the gold button !! Thanks woot for offering this again...

mommybob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mommybob

^thanks! ordered 12 bottles^

timsampson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages timsampson
philct wrote:Pedroncelli is an instant buy in our household. I've yet to be disappointed in any of their wines, both in quality and price point.. This is one of my go to QPR wines for parties at our house... Also, the customer service is amazing (in fact for new folks you likely will see someone posting very very soon from the winery {HI ED!!!}...

Ditto for my household. Bought this during last offer. It's a wonderful blend that's great on its own, but really nice with spicier food like Thai or Indian curries and BBQ. As it warms up, it gets a bit more complex, especially with food. Chilled from the wine box it's like lemonade...we drank a bottle while preparing dinner and didn't realize it. Yummy!

InFrom

quality posts: 32 Private Messages InFrom
SmilingBoognish wrote:I love Pedroncelli wines. They are typically offered at a nice price point, a great value, the reds tend to age well and they are almost always varietally correct. On the last point, how much residual sugar is in this blend? Gewurtz can be anywhere from sweet to dry. I won't ask what the proprietary blend is, but would like to know if this wine has much sugar in order to inform my decision as to buy one or buy three from both my wife's account and my own.

You are right on the money.

Loved this wine. (And the 1st Triacip was my favorite.) I still have one bottle left from my last order. That, plus the frigid weather here, are not conducive to my buying this today.

PedroncelliFamily

quality posts: 62 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily

The blend is, surprisingly, 50% Gewurz, 25% each Sauv. Blanc and Chardonnay. The RS is 0.5%, barely perceptible, but just enough to round out the finish.
I absolutely LOVE this wine. I actually bought (that's right Wooters, I PAID MONEY FOR WINE)a case of this wine to have at home. It is the perfect dinner-prep wine!

PedroncelliFamily

philct wrote:Pedroncelli is an instant buy in our household. I've yet to be disappointed in any of their wines, both in quality and price point.. This is one of my go to QPR wines for parties at our house... Also, the customer service is amazing (in fact for new folks you likely will see someone posting very very soon from the winery {HI ED!!!}...

Hi-de-Ho Neighbors! Sorry I'm so late getting on. I am travelling to New Mexico (Taos Ski-Wine Fest--hey! Don't be a hater, someone has to do these things!) I'll try to post from the airport if I have time. This isn't very mobile friendly...funny, isn't it? A techie rich site like this and it's hard to post from a mobile device.
But fear not...my sarcasm will always be with you!

PedroncelliFamily

TheEndless wrote:From the horse's mouth last time this was offered: "Very low. 0.5%"

Are you sure it was the horse's mouth?

PedroncelliFamily

rjquillin wrote:Where's Ed?
That's his line..

Actually, I think it's Italian for "Push the dang button!"

PedroncelliFamily

mommybob wrote:So - is this a dry wine? I'm not a fan of most chardonnays - they are usually too creamy for me.

Interestingly enough...we were just discussing the blend for the next vintage and are likely going to leave the Chardonnay out. It doesn't really seem to add much to the blend in the next vintage.
I would say if you like crisp wines (not creamy) this wine is right up your alley. It perks up your taste buds and leaves your mouth watering for more!

PedroncelliFamily

timsampson wrote:Ditto for my household. Bought this during last offer. It's a wonderful blend that's great on its own, but really nice with spicier food like Thai or Indian curries and BBQ. As it warms up, it gets a bit more complex, especially with food. Chilled from the wine box it's like lemonade...we drank a bottle while preparing dinner and didn't realize it. Yummy!

I actually like it a little better as it warms up.(maybe 20-30 minutes out of the fridge) My suggestion is to taste it several times over the course of an hour or more without re-chilling it. If you are left uncertain about your preference, open another bottle and try again!

PedroncelliFamily

sphervey wrote:A very favorable review for the QPR of the 2012 Friends echoing the comments of Philct above, mulling this one over:

http://www.goodcheapvino.com/pedroncelli-friends-white-wine/

Skip the mulling and press the button. You won't be sorry. And if you are, I'll apologize. I promise.

PedroncelliFamily

Hey Wooters-great to be back online with you~
In case you haven't figured it out, I absolutely love this wine. It is an easy drinking, crisp, virtually dry white wine. That being said, I also think it is one of the best constructed wines we make. The aromas are of spice and citrus and tropical things; and check out the little party that happens on your tongue mid-palate. It's floral...is that maybe lavender??? The finish is long without being cloying.

I'm tellin' ya folks, this one is a must buy!!

And for any of you in Neo-prohibitionist states that don't allow Wooting, send me an email. I'll make the offer good! ed@pedroncelli.com

Well, I'm off to the Taos Wine and Ski Fest (hey! someone has to do these things!) So I'll check back in a couple hours from now.

Thanks, and think of it this way: Who doesn't need more friends?!

Ed

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 48 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
PedroncelliFamily wrote:This isn't very mobile friendly...funny, isn't it? A techie rich site like this and it's hard to post from a mobile device.

It used to work just fine from a mobile device before they changed the way the mobile site works!

Thanks for your participation; I went in and may have the wifey buy more on her account.

rpm

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rpm

Pedroncelli! Super value for a daily drinker in this white!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Getting low on whites - now if only Amazon/Woot and the state of Minnesota could set aside their differences, real or perceived. This would have been a nice purchase to re-stock with. I am yet to be disappointed with a Pedroncelli wine.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

alukan

quality posts: 5 Private Messages alukan

Time to dive into the pool ... always loved their reds so I guess I should check out their whites

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1

One of the problems w/ the Pedroncelli wines I buy on Woot is that I usually kick myself for not buying more!!! In for 3.

BTW...I was introduced to Woot by Ed while in their tasting room. Can't thank him enough, been a great ride!

PedroncelliFamily

rpm wrote:Pedroncelli! Super value for a daily drinker in this white!

Hey Rob--wouldn't it be nice to share a glass on the Bocce deck? Are you coming out anytime soon?

PedroncelliFamily

coynedj wrote:Getting low on whites - now if only Amazon/Woot and the state of Minnesota could set aside their differences, real or perceived. This would have been a nice purchase to re-stock with. I am yet to be disappointed with a Pedroncelli wine.

Send me an email. I'll hook you up direct! ed@pedroncelli.com

PedroncelliFamily

mrn1 wrote:One of the problems w/ the Pedroncelli wines I buy on Woot is that I usually kick myself for not buying more!!! In for 3.

BTW...I was introduced to Woot by Ed while in their tasting room. Can't thank him enough, been a great ride!

Winedavid are you listening? It works both ways!

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Send me an email. I'll hook you up direct! ed@pedroncelli.com

Oh, you just had to say that, didn't you? I'll send the email when I get home from work.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

InFrom

quality posts: 32 Private Messages InFrom
coynedj wrote:Oh, you just had to say that, didn't you? I'll send the email when I get home from work.

The man's an enabler, I tells ya! He hooked me up last time, when NYS was still in the penalty box.

PedroncelliFamily

InFrom wrote:The man's an enabler, I tells ya! He hooked me up last time, when NYS was still in the penalty box.

You call it enabling,I call it blood thirst. I NEVER walk away from an order! (He said from his phone sitting on the plane!)

woopdedoo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo

All this talk about hooking up ..

Just the thing for a party I plan on throwing in May.

Thanks Ed!

Winedavid39

quality posts: 204 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

PedroncelliFamily wrote:Winedavid are you listening? It works both ways!

noted. I had this wine while breaking bread with Ed prior to it's initial release. no surprise, killer QPR. and it did change the more I drank it.

I don't want Ed to get a big (bigger) head, but this is some tasty juice.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 18 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

Minor thread hijack

Salted caramels over on Home.woot. Put some in your cart with Ed's wine before you checkout!

/hijack

phoenixsong44

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phoenixsong44

Fantastic crisp white. I agree that it is the perfect dinner-prep wine. I visited the winery last fall and was generally impressed with most of their wines.

I purchased this wine during one of Pedroncelli's holiday deals and love both the red and white Friends blends. I gave a bunch away as gifts for Christmas. Sadly, I cannot purchase via Woot due to MN shipping issues, but at least I can buy direct from the winery when I run out. Some of their wines are even available in local wine stores, but I haven't seen the white blend yet.

rpm

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rpm
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Hey Rob--wouldn't it be nice to share a glass on the Bocce deck? Are you coming out anytime soon?

There's talk about a Tour in July.... and I may be in Lodi for a family reunion in late April.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!