$79.99 $180.00 56% off List Price
2011 Pinot Noir, Napa County - Sonoma County
2011 Pinot Noir, Napa Valley
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of January 26.
Sushi and Sparkling? You betcha!!!
Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January
1/24-26: Buffalo/WNY #11: Icewine Festival

February
2/1???: SoCal #31: Burgers and Zin
2/21-23: 2014 Dark & Delicious Weekend (Alameda, CA on Fri, Napa/Sonoma on Sat & Sun)

March
3/15: Ohio: Winemakers' Dinner with Scott and Jana Harvey

Summer
TBD: 2014 RPM History Tour Interest Thread

Pending
TBD: Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal
TBD: Atlanta #1
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen

Kind of cool that they made 6,000 cases of the Napa/Sonoma PN but only 100 cases of the Napa Valley PN. Nice contrast!

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

Anyone know what area of Napa and Sonoma these vineyards are in? Wouldn't most parts of Napa be a bit warm for good pinot noir?

longjohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages longjohn
loveladyelectric wrote:Anyone know what area of Napa and Sonoma these vineyards are in? Wouldn't most parts of Napa be a bit warm for good pinot noir?

From the features tab:
Vineyard Details: The majority of grapes for this blend were sourced from Fotinos Vineyard in the Napa side of Carneros. The soils are Haire Clay Loam and the Pinot Noir from this vineyard tends to express sweet, bright flavor and fine tannins.

kaolis

quality posts: 28 Private Messages kaolis

Do monkeys fly you ask? They must, as one flew over my house last Wednesday and dropped a package on the front lawn. Since it was only 6 degrees outside I ran out and grabbed it, in case it was something that should not freeze...lo and behold inside the small package was a bottle of 2011 Reata Napa Valley Pinot Noir. Stood it up in the cellar for a couple days, retrieving it Friday afternoon for a command performance Friday evening.

Popped and poured a small glass. Aroma of bright cherry and and a little earthiness hiding below. Similar flavor, red fruits are predominant. Color is a clear ruby,clear enough that you can see through it. I have a pic if I can figure out how to upload it. For those of you leg men(and women) out there, none really to speak of. The remainder went to a decanter for about 1/2 hour or so.

My wife and followed it for about two hours..because after two hours the decanter was empty. No day two report, sorry.

Impressions, me:

Red fruits stayed in the picture, cherry and raspberry. And it does have a certain mush-roomy earthiness to it.
A very round, what I call warm, mouthfeel. Low acid is my guess.

A touch of vanilla but not what I would describe as oaky.

Decent finish, lingers a bit.

Impressions, wife:

Similar to mine, she took a sip and gave it a yum. She then mentioned picking up spice and pepper components.

Overall very nice. Not a fruit bomb, not an austere burgundy.

It is soft and ready to rock. I would be buying this to drink, not to hang on to for too long. By no means do I think this is tired or anything, it's pretty fresh goods, just that's it's in a drinking phase now and don't see it improving.

Pegged it in the $20 range to be a value.

Wrote this before looking at the posting today, and I notice our impressions are similar to the winery description. I swear we didn't peek.

Cheers!

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

After a couple of days off of work, I just noticed I have a bottle of this. I will report back this evening.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

JRVWINECLUB

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JRVWINECLUB

Hi Wooters, Madeleine here. If you have any questions- feel free to ask! I will be in all afternoon!

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

a straight up good deal on this, IMO.

cortot20

quality posts: 161 Private Messages cortot20
kaolis wrote:snip!

Thanks for the notes, well done and very descriptive.

CT

tytiger58

Home at last..

PNP a nice strawberry nose with some mushroom funk and maybe a hint of oak, not distracting at all. First taste i'm getting strawberry and some cranberry, this is not tart but I think the combination of cranberry and acid give the wine a nice lift. There is some sweetness but good acidity.

As the wine opens I am getting some creamy cherry along with the other flavors. The finish is medium with a little bitter bite, again not distracting but adds something I like.

This bottle is nice and I would not hesitate to buy if I needed more wine. Thanks Woot!

kaolis

tytiger58 wrote:Home at last..

PNP a nice strawberry nose with some mushroom funk and maybe a hint of oak, not distracting at all. First taste i'm getting strawberry and some cranberry, this is not tart but I think the combination of cranberry and acid give the wine a nice lift. There is some sweetness but good acidity.

As the wine opens I am getting some creamy cherry along with the other flavors. The finish is medium with a little bitter bite, again not distracting but adds something I like.

This bottle is nice and I would not hesitate to buy if I needed more wine. Thanks Woot!

...and this is the Napa Valley or Napa/Sonoma County?

tytiger58

kaolis wrote:...and this is the Napa Valley or Napa/Sonoma County?

Oop's Napa sonoma

kaolis

tytiger58 wrote:Oop's Napa sonoma

sounds like some similarities between the two wines..might be a fun A/B comparison...

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
tytiger58 wrote:Home at last..

I love that creamy texture in PN. I can't today, though, after buying 17 bottles of PN this month.

Bring 'em back in a couple months, WD.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen