+ Add a Comment

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
Josephus wrote:
no kidding!

how soon is KT going away (on a totally unrelated topic)?

Heh...roughly 38 days or so from now.

qwertyuiop001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qwertyuiop001
Josephus wrote:no kidding!

how soon is KT going away (on a totally unrelated topic)?

Do you ever go away, Dr. Contest-Leaderboard-Top-Ten? Some of us bottom feeders would like to place in the money sometimes.

gimme my damn monkey

killingtime

qwertyuiop001 wrote:
I admit to being curious sometimes, but to a lesser degree than some people around here. I'll ask questions, but if they don't want to answer, that's OK.

See, I think you are someone that I know by another name. I've been kind of waiting for an appropriate time to ask.

killingtime

Josephus wrote:

well, it. duh.

Count me out of that "it."

killingtime

qwertyuiop001 wrote:
Do you ever go away, Dr. Contest-Leaderboard-Top-Ten? Some of us bottom feeders would like to place in the money sometimes.

I remember him going to Florida once and then to see his brother?

qwertyuiop001

killingtime wrote:See, I think you are someone that I know by another name. I've been kind of waiting for an appropriate time to ask.

(sigh.) I'm not someone you know that you don't know about.

gimme my damn monkey

qwertyuiop001

killingtime wrote:I remember him going to Florida once and then to see his brother?

And still managed to post a pic in the contest thread, if I recall correctly.

gimme my damn monkey

killingtime

qwertyuiop001 wrote:

I'm going to PM you who I think you are...

killingtime

qwertyuiop001 wrote:
And still managed to post a pic in the contest thread, if I recall correctly.

But you couldn't recall him going on vacation??

qwertyuiop001

killingtime wrote:But you couldn't recall him going on vacation??

He went on vacation, but he didn't go away.

gimme my damn monkey

killingtime

qwertyuiop001 wrote:

Ahhh...

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
qwertyuiop001 wrote:

well, its not like they don't usually ignore me and all of my entries completely. including that week.

come on, stewie entered ONE pretty ho hum image this week, and bingo! $20.

I'm gamely plugging along, week after week, totally ignored, week after week, and they have this contest, where I may have had a technological advantage, but it was pretty brief, and I got a little lightning in a bottle. I thought I had a really good idea, and I hurried as fast as I could to get it out before someone else did.

I've been trying to not post as much the past few weeks, I'll try to be better at it.

sob.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
Josephus wrote:

well, its not like they don't usually ignore me and all of my entries completely. including that week.

come on, stewie entered ONE pretty ho hum image this week, and bingo! $20.

I'm gamely plugging along, week after week, totally ignored, week after week, and they have this contest, where I may have had a technological advantage, but it was pretty brief, and I got a little lightning in a bottle. I thought I had a really good idea, and I hurried as fast as I could to get it out before someone else did.

I've been trying to not post as much the past few weeks, I'll try to be better at it.

sob.

*SOB*
or
S.O.B?

Still single, can't imagine why.

killingtime

Josephus wrote:
well, its not like they don't usually ignore me and all of my entries completely.

sob.

don'twantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages don'twantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:

*SOB*
or
S.O.B?

Poor Joesephus. //pats Joe on head

//wispers to Fen....got first place and still whining , some people are never happy

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

don'twantaname

Volunteer Moderator

don'twantaname wrote:

//wispers to Fen....got first place and still whining , some people are never happy

whispers, stupid no edit button

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

killingtime

don'twantaname wrote:

Not just first place once...twice!

If it is such a burden, he can give me the $100 and I'll buy lots of stuff and send it to him...

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

[quote user="don'twantaname"]

whispers, stupid no edit button[/quote
PM

Still single, can't imagine why.

don'twantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:

Not just first place once...twice!

If it is such a burden, he can give me the $100 and I'll buy lots of stuff and send it to him...

Go to that christmas store! He can get lots of crap!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Josephus

so qwerty:

Was she right about who you are?

night.

qwertyuiop001

Josephus wrote:so qwerty:

Was she right about who you are?

night.

No, because

qwertyuiop001 wrote:
gimme my damn monkey

Josephus

don'twantaname wrote:

Go to that christmas store! He can get lots of crap!

just not in a bag from woot.

Josephus

So, is it OK for me to play this week?

Not even Wonderstew has won it two weeks in a row, so I'm certainly not going to. That means I can have some BW/Hasselhoff/Toon kind of fun without ruining my chances...since I don't have any chances.

whadddaya say, qwerty?

pleeeeze?

Josephus

c'mon, how about it?

killingtime

Josephus wrote:c'mon, how about it?

Since you know you can't win two weeks in a row, how about posting entries under my name and we'll split anything we make? Sound like a deal?

qwertyuiop001

Josephus wrote:So, is it OK for me to play this week?

Not even Wonderstew has won it two weeks in a row, so I'm certainly not going to. That means I can have some BW/Hasselhoff/Toon kind of fun without ruining my chances...since I don't have any chances.

whadddaya say, qwerty?

pleeeeze?

Sure. I don't know why I whine, anyway; I've given up on entering the contest anymore.

gimme my damn monkey

Josephus

killingtime wrote:

Since you know you can't win two weeks in a row, how about posting entries under my name and we'll split anything we make? Sound like a deal?

why not? maybe we can get a monkey!- but how will mcguffy score it if we do score anything?

Josephus

qwertyuiop001 wrote:
Sure. I don't know why I whine, anyway; I've given up on entering the contest anymore.

you know, that might have more to do with not winning than the single score I made since May...think?

qwertyuiop001

Josephus wrote:you know, that might have more to do with not winning than the single score I made since May...think?

My bad attitude is partly a result of lack of any sort of feedback...good or bad...from either the wootgods or the peanut gallery. My entries are so utterly mediocre that nobody notices them. Including me.

Another whine: I laughed at your winning patch, and a couple others, but mostly I seem to find the contest and the entries less interesting than I used to. Maybe fewer off-the-wall entries or something.

gimme my damn monkey

bluebledthesea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluebledthesea
qwertyuiop001 wrote:
My bad attitude is partly a result of lack of any sort of feedback...good or bad...from either the wootgods or the peanut gallery. My entries are so utterly mediocre that nobody notices them. Including me.

Another whine: I laughed at your winning patch, and a couple others, but mostly I seem to find the contest and the entries less interesting than I used to. Maybe fewer off-the-wall entries or something.

It seems as woot gets more popular the volume of entries increase (obviously). This includes both total crap and boring, wanna-be professionals. I've been on the list 5 or so times for different prizes, but for the most part I just don't feel like participating with the others. Only if I'm totally inspired I might throw something out there. And, for the most part, it's one or two entries that take me 15 minutes a piece.

EDIT: Like qwerty said, mostly I seem to find the contest and the entries less interesting than I used to. I don't even look through the contest threads anymore. I check out the winners but even most of those leave me saying ...

Josephus

qwertyuiop001 wrote:

its true. there is very little feedback, almost all of the time.

Very nearly every entry I have made all summer has received no notice at all until this week, when I hit. most of the time I feel like I'm just pissin' in the wind (memo: don't do the pissin' in the wind thing. it turns out poorly). Still, I have fun thinking up something, usually something harder to do than just whatever the contest is asking for, and implementing it. If I can poke fun at someone like Dave Bug or Jason Toon, then that makes it even better for me. I have been posting in this contest since about February of 2005- although I went a couple of months between posts back then. It is very different now than then. The chopping overall is much better, although the funniness overall is less I think. There's less talk about posts now than then; back then several people posted their lists of favorite images which got discussed before the results came out; I had a sense that the judges paid attention to that stuff. Now I think our 'votes' just get used to pick the CCCP image in general. There was also some real rivalry between submitters that is now largely gone, probably because wonderstew dominates so much.

I go back and forth on whether they judge fairly or not, mostly I don't think they put the amount of effort into it that we put into the chops. Its fair, but poorly done in general. I think this week I won by acclamation- without several repeated comments by several different people about that image probably Wonderstew would have won again. Truly, though, I saw five or six posts which were not any less good than mine which got nothing at all.

qwertyuiop001

Josephus wrote:most of the time I feel like I'm just pissin' in the wind

Yes! You have perfectly expressed my feeling!

Josephus wrote:If I can poke fun at someone like Dave Bug or Jason Toon, then that makes it even better for me.

Ergo, my monkey prize.

Josephus wrote:I have been posting in this contest since about February of 2005- although I went a couple of months between posts back then. It is very different now than then. The chopping overall is much better, although the funniness overall is less I think.

My opinion: there's a lot more entries that try to look like a magazine ad, with lots of expository text and just a little picture. Not bad in itself, but there's a boring sameness to them. Another opinion: if you have to explain it too much, the pic just ain't that funny.

gimme my damn monkey

killingtime

qwertyuiop001 wrote:
I've given up on entering the contest anymore.

I agree with Blue, I only enter when I am inspired. I didn't enter last week because a.) I work in photoshop and don't have the filter & b.) only so many funny things about woot.

Josephus

killingtime wrote:

I agree with Blue, I only enter when I am inspired. I didn't enter last week because a.) I work in photoshop and don't have the filter & b.) only so many funny things about woot.

mnementh tells me everything the effect does in Corel Draw could be done in Photoshop.

killingtime

Josephus wrote:

mnementh tells me everything the effect does in Corel Draw could be done in Photoshop.

Geez, you are touchy...must be that time of the week...

qwertyuiop001

Josephus wrote:mnementh tells me everything

So that's how you won!

gimme my damn monkey

killingtime

qwertyuiop001 wrote:
So that's how you won!

mnementh is in a slump at the moment, tho...

qwertyuiop001

killingtime wrote:I agree with Blue, I only enter when I am inspired.

My problem is that I'm never inspired any more.

killingtime wrote:only so many funny things about woot.

Agree here.

gimme my damn monkey

qwertyuiop001

killingtime wrote:mnementh is in a slump at the moment, tho...

Too busy acting through his disciple, Josephus.

gimme my damn monkey