Uncorked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uncorked
killingtime wrote:
MA Weather forcast

It's nice you're keeping track of the weather for Ma...

Your lows look like our highs...and rain..
We might finally get our snow back in force this week..I'm not sure I want it now!!!

Domestic Zymologist since 1980

qwertyuiop002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qwertyuiop002
dontwantaname wrote:That s*cks! Way too much snow. What are the grocery stores like?

After the second storm, they were empty. Before the storm, people stocked up to hunker down, and trucks couldn't get in to resupply after the storm hit. Last Saturday things were pretty much back to normal.

It's a little early for them to predict the snow amounts. I'm hoping for no more than a light dusting.

dontwantaname wrote:I need to get my tire fixed. I don't want to go!

Just go. Nothing like a fully functional and fueled escape vehicle to bring peace of mind.

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
dontwantaname wrote:
I need to get my tire fixed. I don't want to go!

I should go out too...just waiting on a pathetic phone call.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

qwertyuiop002 wrote:
Just go. Nothing like a fully functional and fueled escape vehicle to bring peace of mind.

No, why go when I can stay home and worry about it.
I woke up a billion times thinking about it. I could have gone a 8am. Read the newspaper and had a cup of coffee in the tire place and come back home to sleep......but nooooooooooooooo. Why listen to reason!
Especially when sons car is just sitting there till Friday!

I don't even listen to me!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

qwertyuiop002

dontwantaname wrote:

No, why go when I can stay home and worry about it.
I woke up a billion times thinking about it. I could have gone a 8am. Read the newspaper and had a cup of coffee in the tire place and come back home to sleep......but nooooooooooooooo. Why listen to reason!
Especially when sons car is just sitting there till Friday!

I don't even listen to me!

Does son's car's tires fit yours? Hmm...

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:

I think I understood what she meant. Scary.

She was asking are you were tired snow, I believe.

No, every time it snows you need to move it around. I wanted to know if he was happy with the placement of the current crop of snow.

You see, in Queens, my parents insisted on using the garage and the driveway had to be shoveled clean . The problem was it was between buildings and every shovel full needed to be walked to the front or back of the house. There was very little space to put the snow. It was a huge pain in the butt!
Dad had a bad heart and so I shoveled. So did my friend. Somehow the spoiling of only children hadn't been tried back then! Being an only child just meant you were the only one to do it!
Then I had to do the grandparents. Including making sure you could get to the street and clearing the sewer so the water could drain right when it melted( which nobody does today!)

So I feel the pain of the snow!

At hubbys house, with 8 kids, they never shoveled snow. Not until the parents got old and couldn't walk over it. I was astounded! Hubby still doesn't care if it is there or not. As long as he can get his car out, he is OK.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

qwertyuiop002

pooflady wrote:

How many times have you shoveled your driveway?

Once per storm. I think that's three so far. Wait, I shoveled it twice for the last one (one in the morning, one after it finished), so four.

qwertyuiop002

dontwantaname wrote:No, every time it snows you need to move it around. I wanted to know if he was happy with the placement of the current crop of snow.

I just widened the drivable part of the driveway last night. Does that count as another shoveling?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

qwertyuiop002 wrote:
Does son's car's tires fit yours? Hmm...

The whole concept of changing the tire never came up. I'm sure I have a full size tire too. It is a minivan and the tire is under the car. You have to crank it down. The are special spots to put the jack.
I have never done it. It is a huge pia. I wonder if the spare even has air anymore.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

killingtime

qwertyuiop002 wrote:
I just widened the drivable part of the driveway last night. Does that count as another shoveling?

Does your wife help?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

qwertyuiop002 wrote:

Yes! That is what happens. Then if it snows again, you need to make room for that snow. I hate the apron at the street with the heavy snow from the plow. The guys next door have a real plow, but by the time they get here I usually did it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

qwertyuiop002

killingtime wrote:Does your wife help?

Uh...no.

qwertyuiop002

dontwantaname wrote:

Yes! That is what happens. Then if it snows again, you need to make room for that snow. I hate the apron at the street with the heavy snow from the plow. The guys next door have a real plow, but by the time they get here I usually did it.

I have to drive over a little ridge to get from my driveway onto the street (which itself is several inches of hard packed snow).

Uncorked

dontwantaname wrote:

I used to have to keep the drive scraped to the cement. (it's inherited-my dad still does). I've gotten lazy & over it, about the only time I shovel is if we get more than 4-6 inches or after the plow goes by. (The drive is on an alley, so it doesn't get touched the same as the street)
I do, on the other hand, keep the front walk done--mostly for the mail carrier. We don't use the front most of the winter because of the alley access. Speaking of which, I should see how much snow we've gotten today.

Back later....

qwertyuiop002

Uncorked wrote:
I used to have to keep the drive scraped to the cement. (it's inherited-my dad still does). I've gotten lazy & over it, about the only time I shovel is if we get more than 4-6 inches or after the plow goes by. (The drive is on an alley, so it doesn't get touched the same as the street)
I do, on the other hand, keep the front walk done--mostly for the mail carrier. We don't use the front most of the winter because of the alley access. Speaking of which, I should see how much snow we've gotten today.

Back later....

I hate slipping on driveway ice when I get the paper in the morning, so I try to shovel to the concrete before either my wife or I drive over the snow.

Uncorked

qwertyuiop002 wrote:
I hate slipping on driveway ice when I get the paper in the morning, so I try to shovel to the concrete before either my wife or I drive over the snow.

Yeh, you get that instant ice pack when you drive on it....it's a pain.
I quit being so particular about the front walk. A few years back (10 or 15, I don't remember) I always scraped everything down, everyday. Well, we had sun in th afternoon one day that melted enough snow to wet the pad at the bottom of the steps, it froze that night into black ice and a friend came over in the morning, slipped, fell & broke her wrist. The salt I had put down the day before basically had washed away.
Now I figure, alittle snow doesn't hurt and people are more careful if they see something there.....

qwertyuiop002

Uncorked wrote:
Yeh, you get that instant ice pack when you drive on it....it's a pain.
I quit being so particular about the front walk. A few years back (10 or 15, I don't remember) I always scraped everything down, everyday. Well, we had sun in th afternoon one day that melted enough snow to wet the pad at the bottom of the steps, it froze that night into black ice and a friend came over in the morning, slipped, fell & broke her wrist. The salt I had put down the day before basically had washed away.
Now I figure, alittle snow doesn't hurt and people are more careful if they see something there.....

Often when it snows here, there's just enough to clog up the rain gutters on the roof. When that happens, water from melting snow tends to drip down on one spot on the front walk, which freezes at night to glassy smooth black ice.

killingtime

qwertyuiop002 wrote:
Often when it snows here, there's just enough to clog up the rain gutters on the roof. When that happens, water from melting snow tends to drip down on one spot on the front walk, which freezes at night to glassy smooth black ice.

Ice damning?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

qwertyuiop002 wrote:

And yet this winter being so warm is driving me nuts! Yesterday and today were OK. I could wear my coat and there is a hint of cold in the air. Also the bedroom got cold enough last night to sleep.
On the warm days, even with the heat off, it has been 70 degrees at night in the bedroom.

I just wish the doctors weren't always saying not to shovel. If they said it was really good exercise we could feel good about it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

qwertyuiop002

killingtime wrote:

Ice damning?

Sort of, but there's not much water build-up; just a little dripping at one spot.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Well my tire is fixed. The sun came out. I just had my english muffin and coffee. I should shut off the TV and the computer, get my camera and go take a walk to that bag again. Bring a stick. I wonder if the "item" was in the bag, or if it was just the box.
Some kids (shudder) or a dog must have found the bag by now.
Kids would see that photo. I bet that bag would smell good to a dog.
OMG, there might be a dog running around with a purple hallow strap on! That would make some picture!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

qwertyuiop002

dontwantaname wrote:And yet this winter being so warm is driving me nuts! Yesterday and today were OK. I could wear my coat and there is a hint of cold in the air. Also the bedroom got cold enough last night to sleep.
On the warm days, even with the heat off, it has been 70 degrees at night in the bedroom.

Move to Alaska.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:
OMG, there might be a dog running around with a purple hallow strap on! That would make some picture!

You mean a new throw toy?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

killingtime

daj59 wrote:

That's pretty...umm...thick.

stlwooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter
killingtime wrote:

That's pretty...umm...thick.

kinda like fisting.

Uncorked

qwertyuiop002 wrote:
Sort of, but there's not much water build-up; just a little dripping at one spot.

freezing water torture!

qwertyuiop002

stlwooter wrote:
kinda like fisting.

Do you mean "like" as in "similar to," or "like" as in "stlwooter prefers?"

Uncorked

qwertyuiop002 wrote:

well, that chased everyone away very efficiently....

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Uncorked wrote:
well, that chased everyone away very efficiently....

I,for one, am waiting breathlessly for the answer.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

killingtime

pooflady wrote:

I,for one, am waiting breathlessly for the answer.

I was wondering how he'd know what that would feel like...

Cambridge is afterall the most liberal place on earth...

stlwooter

qwertyuiop002 wrote:

heh,
funny funny

stlwooter

killingtime wrote:

I was wondering how he'd know what that would feel like...

Cambridge is afterall the most liberal place on earth...

fisting is done in many, many places (geographically speaking).
I, however, have never experienced nor want to experience it. Nor performed it. Not my style.

pooflady

stlwooter wrote:
I, however, have never experienced nor want to experience it. Nor performed it. Not my style.

File that info, D'name.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Uncorked

stlwooter wrote:

Poof was gettin' pretty blue holding her breath...good thing you finally answered

stlwooter

Uncorked wrote:
Poof was gettin' pretty blue holding her breath...good thing you finally answered

blue breath.... yep that is the thing you get from waiting to be fulfilled.

pooflady

stlwooter wrote:
blue breath.... yep that is the thing you get from waiting to be fulfilled.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:

Only purple!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Uncorked

pooflady wrote:

"Is that your tongue, or are you just happy to see me............?"

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:

File that info, D'name.

OK, but I was thinking about that and shaking someones hand afterwards........ewwwwwww.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Uncorked

Good night from here!!!!!!!!!!