Cesare

quality posts: 1699 Private Messages Cesare

Metrokane Rabbit Electric Wine Preserver - Red
$31.99 $40.00 20% off List Price

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

walterwu

quality posts: 7 Private Messages walterwu

I misread the product as a "red wine preserver" and thought, "why doesn't it work for whites?"

iguana71

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iguana71

Rabbit expanding their product line? ;)

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3920 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

A few perfect reviews over at macys.com

acowinthecrowd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages acowinthecrowd
iguana71 wrote:Rabbit expanding their product line? ;)

I came here just to make sure that a joke in this vein had been made. Thank you.

wdee219

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wdee219

macy's offers 2 color choices with a lower price

[MOD: Plus $9.95 shipping to me]

Bione

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Bione

Clearly this is for the person who has everything, and still has birthdays/V-day coming up fast.

The clear reasons to buy this product are:
1) You like messing around with electricity near liquids
2) You get strangely turned on using the manual air extractors
3) You have a rotator cuff injury which prevents rapid arm movements (although my PT guy says those are sometimes exactly the right thing to do for a rotator cuff injury... don't ask me - I'm not a doctor)
4) You don't drink heavily enough and can't finish a whole bottle in one night. Alone.
5) You drink slightly too heavily and need something like this to seal up the third bottle that you've drunk tonight before you do your liver some serious harm.

RetlawST

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RetlawST
Bione wrote:Clearly this is for the person who has everything, and still has birthdays/V-day coming up fast.

The clear reasons to buy this product are:
1) You like messing around with electricity near liquids
2) You get strangely turned on using the manual air extractors
3) You have a rotator cuff injury which prevents rapid arm movements (although my PT guy says those are sometimes exactly the right thing to do for a rotator cuff injury... don't ask me - I'm not a doctor)
4) You don't drink heavily enough and can't finish a whole bottle in one night. Alone.
5) You drink slightly too heavily and need something like this to seal up the third bottle that you've drunk tonight before you do your liver some serious harm.

While your snarky tone indicates derision, point number 4 actually hits it on the head for me. My wife doesn't drink, and sometimes I would like just one glass of wine with a meal or a quiet evening. Frequently I'm found with a half drank bottle that goes bad before I'm in the mood again. It's a first world problem, and I don't know if I'll get one, but it's a good idea.

baboval

quality posts: 3 Private Messages baboval
RetlawST wrote:Frequently I'm found with a half drank bottle that goes bad before I'm in the mood again.

Me too, though I find a bottle lasts just fine for a week or so with just the cork in it. I'm not sure why I need to spend $30+ for this device that claims to make wine last approximately as long as it lasts anyway.

onebassplayer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onebassplayer

...and I just might make it through this entire day without purchasing a bottle of wine