Muscardini Tesoro Red Blend 2-Pack
$59.99 $113.00 47% off List Price
2010 Tesoro Proprietary Red Blend, Sonoma Valley, Sonoma County
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

sdfreedive

quality posts: 25 Private Messages sdfreedive

Looks like a Super Tuscan blend. Hope we get some faux rats.

mwilkes83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwilkes83

http://www.finewinehouse.com/muscardini-cellars-tesoro-sonoma-red-blend-2010.html

$24.99 a bottle and $14.95 to ship two bottles, comes out to the same as woot without the rush...

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mwilkes83 wrote:http://www.finewinehouse.com/muscardini-cellars-tesoro-sonoma-red-blend-2010.html

$24.99 a bottle and $14.95 to ship two bottles, comes out to the same as woot without the rush...

Except they left off the tax ... and being in SoCal, they will be adding it to your total (including shipping).

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

This was one of my favorite Muscardini wines. When I was in Ty Caton's wine club, I was able to combine shipments from Muscardini. They were in the same building back then. And later, winegirl worked for Muscardini.

Alas, no shipping to CT. So I am better able to resist. Though I know these willing wootleggers in upstate NY, I must resist.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
MarkDaSpark wrote:Except they left off the tax ... and being in SoCal, they will be adding it to your total (including shipping).

So this is the same as woot, correct?

winegirl

quality posts: 20 Private Messages winegirl

Ahhh! Just another summer day here in Sonoma Valley. It's going to be a stifling 72 degrees here today.

Good Morning Wine Wooters! Muscardini Cellars is thrilled to be on the woot again.

We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and that 2014 has kicked off well for you.

We are a little bit in mourning here after the 49er loss on Sunday. But alas there is plenty of wine in the valley to help ease our pain.

Muscardini Cellars is definitely looking forward to 2014. It will be our 2nd year in the Red School House. So all the kinks have been worked out and this will truly be our year to shine and bring forth amazing wine.

Speaking of wine. This 2010 Tesoro is absolutely beautiful. It has been released for over a year now and is truly growing into it's flavors with dignity and grace.

The vineyards alone that are in this bottle are unprecedented. The Sangiovese is from the world-renown Monte Rosso Vineyard. The cabernet is from the WineWoot-renown Ty Caton Vineyard and the Syrah is from the Unti Vineyard. This combination of the finest vineyards blows my mind and this wine is truly represents.

The 2010 Tesoro is definitely not to be missed.

I'll be here all day and am happy to answer any questions about the wine, winery, Michael Muscardini, Beni the dog, the 49ers,the weather, stock market trends.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

~Winegirl~

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
winegirl wrote:I'll be here all day and am happy to answer any questions about the wine, winery, Michael Muscardini, Beni the dog, the 49ers,the weather, stock market trends.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

~Winegirl~

Hey WG, good to see you back.

Can you dig into your notes and come up with a TA for this, and perhaps cooperage info as well?

CT

winegirl

rjquillin wrote:Hey WG, good to see you back.

Can you dig into your notes and come up with a TA for this, and perhaps cooperage info as well?

Morning and thanks!

I'm not at the office so can't quite dig up the ultra scientific total acidity question just yet.

The cooperage is as follows:

The syrah is barreled in French oak
The sangiovese is barreled in American oak (20%-25% new)
The cabernet is barreled in Hungarian oak

Now a question for you:

What does a TA number mean to you? And do you factor in pH?

Well I guess that was 2 questions.

winegirl

polarbear22 wrote:This was one of my favorite Muscardini wines. When I was in Ty Caton's wine club, I was able to combine shipments from Muscardini. They were in the same building back then. And later, winegirl worked for Muscardini.

Hey Good Morning PB. Wow, we go way back don't we. Thanks for popping on the woot today. Yes I used to be a Caton girl, now I've been a Muscardini girl for 5 yearsish?

Hope it's not too chilly where you are? Not sure who is all being pummeled by the cold snap. I just know it's definitely not us.

Hope all is well. What was your last Muscardini wine? the Tesoro?

WG

rjquillin

winegirl wrote:Now a question for you:

What does a TA number mean to you? And do you factor in pH?

Well I guess that was 2 questions.

Absolutely.
Individually not as much as when considered together, but both involve acidity, but in different manners.
pH will measure free protons, while TA measures all protons; free or bound.
For me pH will be a better indicator of the capability of the wine to gracefully age, but not so much to the taste, while TA will be the better indicator of a tartness or crispness sensation.
Given the 3.5pH, I would expect this may age quite well, but the TA will provide additional information pH alone won't.
Can I now throw in RS?
And any idea the % new oak for the Syrah and Cab?

CT

greeneggsandham

quality posts: 2 Private Messages greeneggsandham
rjquillin wrote:Absolutely.
Individually not as much as when considered together, but both involve acidity, but in different manners.
For me pH will be a better indicator of the capability of the wine to gracefully age, but not so much to the taste, while TA will be the better indicator of a tartness or crispness sensation.
Given the 3.5pH, I would expect this may age quite well, but the TA will provide additional information pH alone won't.
Can I now throw in RS?

Thank you. Not only does that help here, but I think it answers a question that has been driving me nuts on my pool numbers (on the alkaline side of the PH scale).

winegirl

trifecta wrote:So this is the same as woot, correct?

Positively no one is the same as woot. No other site is nearly as fun or interactive. Winewoot is genuinely one of a kind.

WD and Muscardini worked diligently to put together this fantastic deal specially for winewoot.

So we do hope you will take advantage of it. Plus, your receipt will entitle you to complimentary wine tasting. Michael and myself always love a visit from a winewooter.

winegirl

rjquillin wrote:Absolutely.
Can I now throw in RS?

Holy smokes, that's an entire semester of chemistry in one posting! I rather enjoyed that - thanks.

Michael told me that the cab could handle up to 50% new oak but that for all of his wines he stays between 20%-25% new oak. Guess I was just singling out the Sangiovese because that is the largest percentage.

The residual sugar is 0%. This wine is absolutely bone dry.

The TA is 6.8g/L including both free and bound protons.

Hey, do I get an "A" on my science lesson?

winegirl

Hey WineGods, I'm trying to reach 20 quality posts. Can you help me out a little??

wkdpanda

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wkdpanda

Was in the Muscardini wine club for a bit**, and Michael's wines were always good. Still have some others, but going to have to go in for a order of this. The Tesoro is a good blend.

-Panda

** Dropped out because I had to cut down on how much wine I was buying - not because they weren't good!

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

rjquillin

winegirl wrote:
The residual sugar is 0%. This wine is absolutely bone dry.

The TA is 6.8g/L including both free and bound protons.

Hey, do I get an "A" on my science lesson?

Thanks for doing your homework as well. You've got some good vineyards here, and the juice is sounding rather tasty as well.
Now, to hope someone had a cork of this to pull drops by.

And rest assured if Ms. TT is lurking she will treat you right as well, unlike some of the weekend mods.

CT

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
winegirl wrote:Hey Good Morning PB. Wow, we go way back don't we. Thanks for popping on the woot today. Yes I used to be a Caton girl, now I've been a Muscardini girl for 5 yearsish?

Hope it's not too chilly where you are? Not sure who is all being pummeled by the cold snap. I just know it's definitely not us.

Hope all is well. What was your last Muscardini wine? the Tesoro?

WG

Cold is relative. Not as cold as where I grew up, so the teens today were only chilly.

Pretty sure that Tesoro was last Muscardini, but also give high marks to the Sangio and Barbara. Sometimes I can get it through Woot, other times like this, not so lucky.

It has been a while, and you've been a great contact throughout. Nice to see you back on here.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

winegirl

wkdpanda wrote:Was in the Muscardini wine club for a bit**, and Michael's wines were always good. Still have some others, but going to have to go in for a order of this. The Tesoro is a good blend.

-Panda

** Dropped out because I had to cut down on how much wine I was buying - not because they weren't good!

Thanks Panda. It is fine line between wine and $$$'s. Glad you could snag some Muscardini on the woot.

winegirl

Thank you for all the fun today. And if you're ever in the Sonoma Valley, please stop in for a visit.

Wishing you all the best in 2014!

Cheers,
~Winegirl

Dang, I was hoping to get to 20 quality posts. Guess I'll have to try harder.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
winegirl wrote:Thank you for all the fun today. And if you're ever in the Sonoma Valley, please stop in for a visit.

Wishing you all the best in 2014!

Cheers,
~Winegirl

Dang, I was hoping to get to 20 quality posts. Guess I'll have to try harder.

Well, unless a mod happens by in the next hour or so, you may be out of luck. Is it any consolation that you're currently stuck on a prime number?