WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Forenzo Vineyards Mixed (6)

Speed to First Woot:
14m 43.330s
First Sucker:
BeckiJr
Last Wooter to Woot:
worapek
Last Purchase:
9 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 18% of Wine Woots
Bottom 41% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 10% of Wine Woots
Bottom 31% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 0% first woot
  • 0% second woot
  • 10% < 10 woots
  • 30% < 25 woots
  • 60% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 0% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 0% one year old
  • 100% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 90% bought 1
  • 10% bought 2
  • 0% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

10%
0%
0%
0%
0%
10%
10%
20%
0%
0%
10%
0%
10%
0%
0%
10%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
10%
10%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 1642 Private Messages Cesare

Forenzo Vineyards Mixed 6-Pack
$84.99 $157.99 46% off List Price
2012 Mendocino County Chardonnay
2012 Sonoma County Pinot Noir
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

ForenzoVineyards


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ForenzoVineyards
Cesare wrote:Forenzo Vineyards Mixed 6-Pack
$84.99 $157.99 46% off List Price
2012 Mendocino County Chardonnay
2012 Sonoma County Pinot Noir
CT links above

Winery website



Good morning all... We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about our wines. FV

cortot20


quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20
ForenzoVineyards wrote:Good morning all... We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about our wines. FV



Good morning, could you post some additional specs for the wines. PH, TA, SSN......etc.

CT

kaolis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
ForenzoVineyards wrote:Good morning all... We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about our wines. FV



Morning! Can you share vineyard sources for the Pinot Noir?

ForenzoVineyards


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ForenzoVineyards
kaolis wrote:Morning! Can you share vineyard sources for the Pinot Noir?



Tony Ford , a partner at Forenzo Vineyards, is charged with overseeing all of our estate vineyard operations and sourcing our grape needs. The grapes for our 2012 PN wine being offered today were sourced predominantly from a single grower with multiple farms located throughout Sonoma County. Approx. 50% of the grapes came from their Russian River vineyard location in Healdsburg, CA. The 2012 Chardonnay grapes came from a Mendocino county vineyard located in Hopland, CA. Tony has worked hard to establish long term contracts with our growers to ensure consistent wines for years to com. FV

kaolis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
ForenzoVineyards wrote:Tony Ford , a partner at Forenzo Vineyards, is charged with overseeing all of our estate vineyard operations and sourcing our grape needs. The grapes for our 2012 PN wine being offered today were sourced predominantly from a single grower with multiple farms located throughout Sonoma County. Approx. 50% of the grapes came from their Russian River vineyard location in Healdsburg, CA. The 2012 Chardonnay grapes came from a Mendocino county vineyard located in Hopland, CA. Tony has worked hard to establish long term contracts with our growers to ensure consistent wines for years to com. FV



Thanks.. I think. Was hoping a for a few more specifics but I appreciate the answer.

confusedemmy


quality posts: 22 Private Messages confusedemmy

So, I see that the specs list the ETOH, but I would like to see pH, barrel treatment and data on malolactic fermentation (MF on the Chardonnay in particular). Tasting notes don't mention anything about butter or oak, but it would be nice to see the treatment.

ForenzoVineyards


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ForenzoVineyards
confusedemmy wrote:So, I see that the specs list the ETOH, but I would like to see pH, barrel treatment and data on malolactic fermentation (MF on the Chardonnay in particular). Tasting notes don't mention anything about butter or oak, but it would be nice to see the treatment.



The Chard went through approx. a third of the ML process to round out the mouth feel. We made the decision to produce an unoaked Chard, so there is no oak influence on the wine. 100% stainless tanks were used.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
ForenzoVineyards wrote:The Chard went through approx. a third of the ML process to round out the mouth feel. We made the decision to produce an unoaked Chard, so there is no oak influence on the wine. 100% stainless tanks were used.



Thanks for your replies so far. Can we get some specifics?

What specific vineyards were the grapes sourced from? Who's the grower? RS, pH, and TA for both wines? Oak treatment on the PN? Also, why use screw top for the Chard but not the PN?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ForenzoVineyards


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ForenzoVineyards
kylemittskus wrote:Thanks for your replies so far. Can we get some specifics?

What specific vineyards were the grapes sourced from? Who's the grower? RS, pH, and TA for both wines? Oak treatment on the PN? Also, why use screw top for the Chard but not the PN?



Sure…

The Pinot Noir has spent some time (between 4-6 months) in both French and American oak, so there is an oak influence in the wine. The Chard spent no time in oak.

The decision to go with either a screw top or cork closure is one that we evaluate every year. The 2012 vintage uses corks in our reds and screw tops on whites. This decision was also based on the results of a focus group we used when designing the label and various branding specifics about the wine. We also weigh the benefits of the each closure based on the benefits to the wine, consumer trends and feedback from our customers.

Unfortunately, most of our growers (which we are one) are also producers of wine of the same varietal. We keep the names confidential to avoid any conflict with competing brands and pricing strategies. There may be other growers (that don’t produce wine) that want their name made public, but this is not the case with our growers.

Pinot Noir

Brix at Harvest: 25.5
TA: 5.8
PH: 3.5
RS: .033%

Chardonnay

Brix at Harvest: 24
TA: 5.6
PH: 3.4
RS: .055%

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Thanks. Those are some nice pH #s there. Was any of the oak new?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ForenzoVineyards


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ForenzoVineyards
kylemittskus wrote:Thanks. Those are some nice pH #s there. Was any of the oak new?



Thank you... Penny (our winemaker) does a great job with our wine. The barrels were not new in 2012. They range from 1-3 yrs old.