$74.99 $107.00 30% off List Price
2005 Chinese Year of the Horse Cuvee
CT link above

Winery website

Happy New Year!

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin

Yes, I knew it.
WD comes thru again with some IH!
Aged to perfection and ready to go.
Great way to begin a new year, in another 2-hours here...

CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

brucedoesbms

quality posts: 158 Private Messages brucedoesbms

Ching tao!...

“Giving a camera to Diane Arbus is like putting a live grenade in the hands of a child.” --Norman Mailer
woot!ism of Assurance: "There is [WAS] no finer market than the one you create for something nobody wants, yet everyone buys... "

mproulx49

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mproulx49

Happy New Years fellow wooters!! Thanks for your opinions and insights during the past year and hoping everyone has a great 2014.

brucedoesbms

To TT:

Happy New Year to You!

and thanks for hanging in there.

Not quite sure what to do about that mustache you sport on your avatar, however... maybe you could petition the woot! gods for a pardon, or at least a vanishing cream...
Good luck with all of that and let me know how it works out for ya.

The obvious will be apparent.

In the meantime, tickle the little ones and laugh at the Big Ones, because neither know the difference...
and as a great man once said:

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" -Theodor Seuss Geisel

Love all of woot! and a most Happy New Year!

-b.

“Giving a camera to Diane Arbus is like putting a live grenade in the hands of a child.” --Norman Mailer
woot!ism of Assurance: "There is [WAS] no finer market than the one you create for something nobody wants, yet everyone buys... "

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Not sure if I can last another 55 minutes or so .....

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014!!

To all my Wine.Woot friends,

I hope the new year brings Blessings, Peace, Harmony, and Joy to you and yours.

Now someone hand me a drink, Dammit!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

brucedoesbms

MarkDaSpark wrote:Not sure if I can last another 55 minutes or so .....

Thanks, Mark
I always enjoy the way you enjoy Life! Keep it up, brother, and never lose that sense of humor!
Best for the Rest!
-b.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014!!

To all my Wine.Woot friends,

I hope the new year brings Blessings, Peace, Harmony, and Joy to you and yours.

Now someone hand me a drink, Dammit!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

brucedoesbms wrote:To TT:

Happy New Year to You!

and thanks for hanging in there.

Not quite sure what to do about that mustache you sport on your avatar, however... maybe you could petition the woot! gods for a pardon, or at least a vanishing cream...
Good luck with all of that and let me know how it works out for ya.

The obvious will be apparent.

In the meantime, tickle the little ones and laugh at the Big Ones, because neither know the difference...
and as a great man once said:

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" -Theodor Seuss Geisel

Love all of woot! and a most Happy New Year!

-b.

Thank you, Bruce. And a wonderful 2014 to you.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Yay! Iron Horse....definitely not something to miss. Limited us to only two bottles, though really would have wanted three.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Happy New Year to all.

love this place.

webdev511

quality posts: 38 Private Messages webdev511
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Yay! Iron Horse....definitely not something to miss. Limited us to only two bottles, though really would have wanted three.

If I could get three bottles of Kronos at this price I'd jump, but I currently have too much IH. Gasp! (more a storage issue than anything else.)

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
Winedavid39 wrote:Happy New Year to all.

love this place.

Happy New Year, WD! I've been looking at this Chinese Cuvee for awhile now on the IH website and have almost pulled the trigger a couple times at $100/bottle. I never thought this would make it onto wine.woot so big thanks to you and Joy for arranging this special New Year's offer. I'm in for 2 and can't wait to try it.

Happy New Year to all my fellow Wooters and everyone at wine.woot and WCC! Best wishes to all for the coming year.

brucedoesbms

Am I an idjit? Or is there some reason they don't ship to New Mexico anymore? W .T .F.???

chipgreen

brucedoesbms wrote:Am I an idjit? Or is there some reason they don't ship to New Mexico anymore? W .T .F.???

There have been some shipping issues that have cropped up in recent months. Approximately 18-20 states were removed from woot's usual ship-to list. 6 of them are back but unfortunately New Mexico is one of 13 states still in wine.woot limbo. HERE is a summary post about the states affected.

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
chipgreen wrote:There have been some shipping issues that have cropped up in recent months. Approximately 18-20 states were removed from woot's usual ship-to list. 6 of them are back but unfortunately New Mexico is one of 13 states still in wine.woot limbo. HERE is a summary post about the states affected.

You waiting for sunrise, or what?

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 162 Private Messages cortot20

So this is iron horse bottles filled with Chinese wine. I'm so confused.......... Seems a bit overpriced for Chinese wine.

J/k

CT

MarkDaSpark

webdev511 wrote:If I could get three bottles of Kronos at this price I'd jump, but I currently have too much IH. Gasp! (more a storage issue than anything else.)

So you have a drinking problem too? As in we don't drink it fast enough?

Edit: And I added to it last night, buying 2 of these!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

buzzbuzz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages buzzbuzz
cortot20 wrote:So this is iron horse bottles filled with Chinese wine. I'm so confused.......... Seems a bit overpriced for Chinese wine.

J/k

Iron Horse is winery in Sonoma County. This is Iron Horse's third vintage of Chinese Cuvee, commemorating the Year of the Horse.

chipgreen

MarkDaSpark wrote:So you have a drinking problem too? As in we don't drink it fast enough?

Edit: And I added to it last night, buying 2 of these!

I have the same problem but couldn't pass this up after staring at it on the IH website on several different occasions. I crashed into that big orange button faster than a RV on cruise control!

MarkDaSpark

buzzbuzz wrote:Iron Horse is winery in Sonoma County. This is Iron Horse's third vintage of Chinese Cuvee, commemorating the Year of the Horse.

Um, you do realize the j/k meant "Just Kidding"?

victoria63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages victoria63

What????

I can no longer get my Iron Horse shipped to Tennessee?? So far, 2014 is a BIG disappointment!! :'(

victoria63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages victoria63
victoria63 wrote:What????

I can no longer get my Iron Horse shipped to Tennessee?? So far, 2014 is a BIG disappointment!! :'(

Further confusing me is the statement on the order page that the wine ships directly from the winery...and Tennessee is on the list of states that Iron Horse ships to?? So why can't I have some?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
victoria63 wrote:Further confusing me is the statement on the order page that the wine ships directly from the winery...and Tennessee is on the list of states that Iron Horse ships to?? So why can't I have some?

See above.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

joyironhorse

quality posts: 50 Private Messages joyironhorse

Happy New Year to all our Wooter friends from the entire Iron Horse family! I hope you made it one of your New Year resolutions to come taste with us soon and often this year.

joyironhorse

webdev511 wrote:If I could get three bottles of Kronos at this price I'd jump, but I currently have too much IH. Gasp! (more a storage issue than anything else.)

Can you ever have too much Iron Horse?????????

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

Hi Joy. It's always great to have you around.

Can you talk to me (us) about this particular bottling?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

joyironhorse wrote:Can you ever have too much Iron Horse?????????

Never!!!!!

siwbm

quality posts: 5 Private Messages siwbm

Well, so much for that new year's resolution.

JanFP

quality posts: 11 Private Messages JanFP

Wine Woot is starting the year off with some great fizz. Can't wait to try this.

Too much wine, too many beer-drinking friends

sdilullo

quality posts: 38 Private Messages sdilullo

This one's outside the budget but just wanted to say Happy New Year to all!

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 282
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

rpm

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rpm
joyironhorse wrote:Happy New Year to all our Wooter friends from the entire Iron Horse family! I hope you made it one of your New Year resolutions to come taste with us soon and often this year.

Happy New Year to you and your whole family, Joy!!!

This is an autobuy!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

scphillips

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scphillips

Well, the Rose Bowl game is on a channel I don't get, so went online. Whoa! How lovely -- an Iron Horse offering on New Years Day and there's even a nod from rpm! (his uncanny remote control of my trackball thumb normally only works on reds)
Who needs to watch another football game, anyway? (Stanford by 7)

kristinp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristinp
brucedoesbms wrote:Am I an idjit? Or is there some reason they don't ship to New Mexico anymore? W .T .F.???

Not sure which side of NM you're in, but I'm down by Hobbs and ship to TX, if I can be of any help. I wouldn't mind finding someone to split some deals with in the future.

dnlkolender

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dnlkolender

Thank God this ISN'T from China!

joyironhorse

kylemittskus wrote:Hi Joy. It's always great to have you around.

Can you talk to me (us) about this particular bottling?

Why thank you. I thought you'd never ask.
This is our third vintage of making Chinese Cuvee. The first was for the Year of the Dragon and was as the toasting wine for a State Department luncheon honoring Xi Jinping when he was China's Vice President. The next bottling, commemorating Year of the Snake, was served at the dinner hosted by President Obama for Mr. Xi, now China's President,in Southern California this past June. Poor man must think Iron Horse is the only wine made in America!

PtReyesBlue

quality posts: 26 Private Messages PtReyesBlue

Joy is always spot-on with her recommendations. This Sparkling surely won't disappoint and guess what it goes with??? A little Point Reyes Blue Cheese.....

PtReyesBlue

quality posts: 26 Private Messages PtReyesBlue

Never!!

benguin986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benguin986

We've loved all the Iron Horse varieties we've had so far--- looking forward to our first of the "Year of..." series!