WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

The Crusher Orange Mix (6)

Speed to First Woot:
13m 22.110s
First Sucker:
fogtower
Last Wooter to Woot:
Achromatter
Last Purchase:
8 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 45% of Wine Woots
Top 30% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 34% of Wine Woots
Top 21% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 1% first woot
  • 2% second woot
  • 13% < 10 woots
  • 19% < 25 woots
  • 65% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 1% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 9% one year old
  • 90% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 91% bought 1
  • 8% bought 2
  • 1% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

8%
4%
3%
0%
3%
2%
5%
11%
15%
5%
6%
5%
4%
4%
5%
2%
1%
3%
5%
3%
1%
4%
0%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 1593 Private Messages Cesare

The Crusher Orange Mix 6-Pack
$59.99 $139.00 57% off List Price
2012 Crusher The Big Orange Chardonnay & Viognier Blend
2012 Crusher The Big Orange Chardonnay
2012 Crusher The Big Orange Viognier
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
6/17/13

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20


quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

Nice to see the monkeys finally enjoying the wine they have been selling for years. Of course the next episode will be for a rehab clinic featured on services.woot.

CT

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

cortot20 wrote:Nice to see the monkeys finally enjoying the wine they have been selling for years. Of course the next episode will be for a rehab clinic featured on services.woot.



And...an idea was created on this fateful night....

*light bulb bursts*

Nah...the Brigadier of Carolling #39;s for Service.Woot would not..would not be very BOCish....

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Wait ... double the amount of wine for the same price as last offer? I knew I should have waited!


Last wooter to woot: MarkDaSpark


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Attention! Please read.

I need to spend less time on the computer, so December 31st will be my last day on Wine.Woot for 2013. I will return sometime on January 1st in 2014.

Thank you for understanding, I'll miss you all!






Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

crusherwinemaker


quality posts: 12 Private Messages crusherwinemaker

This is a smoking deal if I may say so... Toasting with sparkling wines is so 2013. Lets start a new tradition and toast orange wines instead.

Postal1398


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Postal1398

I was about to be all over this, but no shipping to WI.

Ogion


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ogion

Perfect timing, I just finished my last bottle of Big Orange. In for 2!

gstadter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gstadter

Wow... GA can no longer rec wine shipments? So, I can never wineWoot again until the buzzkilling lawz are fixed? no words can describe..... :-/

losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Hate to be the one to bring this up but orange wine was a huge hit the first time it was offered because of the novelty IMO. That bottling was actually very tasty and sold out quickly. Seems like sebastian and sons saw an opportunity and made subsequent Orange wines on the fly to capitalize with a pretty bad product as a result. These are just my observations, of course. I don't blame them for capitalizing, though.

"The older I get the better I was"

losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

SoCal wooters: please check out gatherings tab/thread.

"The older I get the better I was"

bedinarose


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bedinarose

I'm not surprised by this. The way things are now on Foot, I'd assume all the wine has turned to vinegar.
Foot is a dumping ground, always was, but things were priced accordingly.









quote postid="5658341" user="losthighwayz"]Hate to be the one to bring this up but orange wine was a huge hit the first time it was offered because of the novelty IMO. That bottling was actually very tasty and sold out quickly. Seems like sebastian and sons saw an opportunity and made subsequent Orange wines on the fly to capitalize with a pretty bad product as a result. These are just my observations, of course. I don't blame them for capitalizing, though.[/quote]

Geniekid


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Geniekid
losthighwayz wrote:Hate to be the one to bring this up but orange wine was a huge hit the first time it was offered because of the novelty IMO. That bottling was actually very tasty and sold out quickly. Seems like sebastian and sons saw an opportunity and made subsequent Orange wines on the fly to capitalize with a pretty bad product as a result. These are just my observations, of course. I don't blame them for capitalizing, though.



At the price these are being sold at, it's still an auto-buy for me.

chipgreen


quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen

Looking back at the '10 and '11 versions and trying to figure out why so many people thought the '10 was superior. I have a couple bottles of the '10 and a case of the '11 which should be in my hands soon (had to wootleg since OH wasn't on the list, thanks d-dog!). Holding off on drinking the '10 until I can compare it side by side with the '11 but the specs are very similar.

2010:
60% Chardonnay, 40% Viognier
Appellation: Wilson Vineyards, Clarksburg
Winemaker Michelle McClendon
Alcohol: 14.8%
pH: 3.70
TA: 0.58 g/100 mL

2011:
55% Chardonnay, 45% Viognier
Appellation: Wilson Vineyards, Clarksburg
Winemaker: Gloria Mercado Martin
Alcohol: 13.6%
pH: 3.76
TA: 6.2 g/L

OK, so the '11 has a slightly higher ratio of Viognier, slightly lower alc %, slightly higher pH and slightly higher TA. Same vineyards but different winemaker (and of course, different vintage). Disappointed that I paid $195 for a case of the '11 and the '12 is going for $120. Quite the price difference.

miguelmh


quality posts: 1 Private Messages miguelmh

Anyone in CO want to split? PM if so

andrewma


quality posts: 4 Private Messages andrewma

In the last year or two, the quality and value of the wines has gradually gone down IMO. They get the wineries to come in and hype up their wine and we jump in all excited. Many of the wines that were 'cellarable' according to their winery owners have not been.

You'll note many of the wines here are unknown, or if listed on cellar tracker, have mediocre ratings from others. For those looking for volume and 'drink now' wines, then voot away to save on time/gas and potentially tax. At least when things are bad here locally, I take it back to the store and make them credit me for the next bottle.

bedinarose wrote:I'm not surprised by this. The way things are now on Foot, I'd assume all the wine has turned to vinegar.
Foot is a dumping ground, always was, but things were priced accordingly.



davide63


quality posts: 4 Private Messages davide63
Postal1398 wrote:I was about to be all over this, but no shipping to WI.



Same here in KS - only ships to 16 states.

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
chipgreen wrote:Looking back at the '10 and '11 versions and trying to figure out why so many people thought the '10 was superior.
Winemaker Michelle McClendon

Easy answer, Michelle left.

I've had both the original '10 "Orange Crusher" as well as the '11 "Big Orange" was, in comparison, disappointing. Hoping Mark or someone from the winery can join us for meaningful comments as to how the style of the blend here tastes, compared to the original '10 and last years' '11 that I grabbed the max of and was disappointed.

If it's back to the style of the '10, I'm all over this!

CT

Winedavid39


quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

MarkDaSpark wrote:Attention! Please read.

I need to spend less time on the computer, so December 31st will be my last day on Wine.Woot for 2013. I will return sometime on January 1st in 2014.

Thank you for understanding, I'll miss you all!






when I first read this, my heart sank. glad I re-read this again.. We'll miss you (for one day) !

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
andrewma wrote:In the last year or two, the quality and value of the wines has gradually gone down IMO. They get the wineries to come in and hype up their wine and we jump in all excited. Many of the wines that were 'cellarable' according to their winery owners have not been.

You'll note many of the wines here are unknown, or if listed on cellar tracker, have mediocre ratings from others. For those looking for volume and 'drink now' wines, then voot away to save on time/gas and potentially tax. At least when things are bad here locally, I take it back to the store and make them credit me for the next bottle.



You're welcome to your opinion, but I think a significant number of us would disagree with you. I'm one of them.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mike808


quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808
andrewma wrote:Many of the wines that were 'cellarable' according to their winery owners have not been.

You'll note many of the wines here are unknown, or if listed on cellar tracker, have mediocre ratings from others.



So where's your CT link?
I'll trust postings from repeat auto-buyers over CT notes already posted by Cesare.

This is a (sort of) white, and not the kind of wine you cellar anyway, so your comment is somewhat off the mark in that respect.

I don't disagree that the '11 was not as good as the '10, but for a summer sipper, it's definitely woot-worthy and I trust the first-hand experience of the repeat auto-buy crowd.

If I had the finances, I'd be in for a case. The QPR is quite good, even if it is an off-year or they've not found the exact original profile from the '10.

As for woot quality changing, perhaps, but that is inevitable with ownership by the A6 mothership. The point is still to expand the availability of new/small market wines to a larger wine-friendly audience. There will be hits and misses. So far, The Crusher series hasn't been a dismal failure with words like "plonk" and "drain pour" being bandied about. Compare some of the repeat woot cellar offerings that were nowhere near the drinkability of the previous offerings for examples.

[edited after noting andrewma is a long-time wooter and not trolling.]

chipgreen


quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen
mike808 wrote:.....The point is still to expand the availability of new/small market wines to a larger wine-friendly audience......


This.

Although Don & Sons no longer fits into that category (which is why they can't ship to OH anymore) but they probably were when their relationship with wine.woot began.

tiger7610


quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

I wouldnt mind taking a few 2-3 bottles off someones hands. I live in upstate NY

fenderehx4ever


quality posts: 2 Private Messages fenderehx4ever

I bought back in June, and I would totally be in for another round except I had a bad experience with the customer service. See this post:

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5508522

Granted, it wasn't a large sum of $, but enough to sour me.

Anyways, I still have 5 bottles left from June. I do enjoy them - they are quite distinctive and relatively complex for a non-red. If I recall correctly, it paired nicely with some pulled pork. They are on the sweet and buttery side, and rather filling, which is one reason why I still have several bottles left. I also want to save a couple of bottles for cellaring - I'm hoping some years will soften the sweetness a bit.

Wine.Woot, please take my recommendation, and find a distributor of Savagnin from the Jura. With so much interest in orange wine, Savagnin or Vin Jaune would be a guaranteed success. Seriously, who wouldn't be interested in a dry wine with tones of sherry, cognac, coffee, toffee, honey, brown sugar, and flint?

cannibaltrout


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cannibaltrout

Why no wisconsin?!?!?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cannibaltrout wrote:Why no wisconsin?!?!?


Wine.Woot is currently not able to offer wine deals in certain states, but will be opening up additional states as laws and regulations regarding selling wine online continue to evolve.

You're welcome to also check out this thread to discuss and talk about current Wine Shipping Laws



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

SavingSista


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SavingSista
crusherwinemaker wrote:This is a smoking deal if I may say so... Toasting with sparkling wines is so 2013. Lets start a new tradition and toast orange wines instead.



Cheers to that!

cortot20


quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

Never had an orange wine and the price is nice. Maybe I can bum a bottle of the Viognier off of a SoCaler.

CT

greyday


quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday
losthighwayz wrote:Hate to be the one to bring this up but orange wine was a huge hit the first time it was offered because of the novelty IMO. That bottling was actually very tasty and sold out quickly. Seems like sebastian and sons saw an opportunity and made subsequent Orange wines on the fly to capitalize with a pretty bad product as a result. These are just my observations, of course. I don't blame them for capitalizing, though.



I respectfully disagree. I didn't catch the first go around, so perhaps that one was much better than the subsequent offers, but I've picked up three different Crusher offers of all three varietals, and I've enjoyed all the bottles I've opened; and I do have context, as a couple of local wineries make orange wines, and they aren't very good. Or rather, they're probably ok to good for a white, but they don't really have any of the character that these do.

So yeah. It's totally possible that that first batch was better then the rest that they've produced, but it still doesn't make this a bad wine overall, especially at $10/bottle.

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
cortot20 wrote:Never had an orange wine and the price is nice. Maybe I can bum a bottle of the Viognier off of a SoCaler.

Sparky or I should be able to accommodate.

CT

theother1


quality posts: 1 Private Messages theother1
gstadter wrote:Wow... GA can no longer rec wine shipments? So, I can never wineWoot again until the buzzkilling lawz are fixed? no words can describe..... :-/



Really bummed about this! I've ordered Crusher a few times before and had no issues delivering to GA.

mrsjhaye


quality posts: 16 Private Messages mrsjhaye

I'm crushed! Please get WV back on the list; I gave my last bottles of crusher to the DIL who loved them assuming I could get more until WV disappeared from the ship to list. Going through serious wine woot withdrawals

andrewma


quality posts: 4 Private Messages andrewma

I stopped using cellar tracker personally and my own excel sheets after my 3rd kid.

I find CT is a good resource where I try to follow and find posters who share similiar tastes. Don't assume everyone who doesn't have their own CT account is some Baby New Year who thinks this white is cellerable. I did have a 9X12 insulated conditioned concrete/polyurethane walled walk in cellar built for a reason.

I was referring to the bad advice some of the wineries were giving out on being cellered for a while, I wasn't referring to this orange crush being cellared.


mike808 wrote:So where's your CT link?
I'll trust postings from repeat auto-buyers over CT notes already posted by Cesare.

This is a (sort of) white, and not the kind of wine you cellar anyway, so your comment is somewhat off the mark in that respect.

I don't disagree that the '11 was not as good as the '10, but for a summer sipper, it's definitely woot-worthy and I trust the first-hand experience of the repeat auto-buy crowd.

If I had the finances, I'd be in for a case. The QPR is quite good, even if it is an off-year or they've not found the exact original profile from the '10.

As for woot quality changing, perhaps, but that is inevitable with ownership by the A6 mothership. The point is still to expand the availability of new/small market wines to a larger wine-friendly audience. There will be hits and misses. So far, The Crusher series hasn't been a dismal failure with words like "plonk" and "drain pour" being bandied about. Compare some of the repeat woot cellar offerings that were nowhere near the drinkability of the previous offerings for examples.

[edited after noting andrewma is a long-time wooter and not trolling.]



skispeakeasy


quality posts: 30 Private Messages skispeakeasy

This message is going out to any future buyers of The Crush 2012 wines:

I was shopping for some new years spirits and stumbled across the Viognier. I Poeed the cork as soon as I got home and it was AMAZING. One of the best Viogniers I've had and I usually HATE Viognier. It's only mildly sweet and as a nice tart bite to it. Oh how I WISH I had bought this... The price was $3-4 cheaper (per bottle) than at the store. No word on the Chardonay or the mix, but I am sure they are equally as nice.


Done and done! ;)

stephas


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephas

I want my wine. I got notification on 1/8 that my wine was shipped. However when I check the tracking info on the the FedEx website all it says is "1/06/2014-Monday 12:26 pm
Shipment information sent to FedEx" . There are no other entries. What is goin on?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

stephas wrote:I want my wine. I got notification on 1/8 that my wine was shipped. However when I check the tracking info on the the FedEx website all it says is "1/06/2014-Monday 12:26 pm
Shipment information sent to FedEx" . There are no other entries. What is goin on?


Wine.woot shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks. The tracking number is created when the label is printed. It will start showing movement when it's picked up and scanned in.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders