cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

Please post what you were gifted here in this thread. I like to read what folks got both good and bad.

Mine was an unusually heavy amount from prior years, (I guess its getting out that I like wine;)

4 Pack of 2011 twisted oak tempranillo
1 2009 Chappellet Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Pritchard Hill Estate Vineyard
1 2006 Duchamp Syrah Estate Cuvée Trouvée
1 2010 Domaine de la Presidente Châteauneuf-du-Pape Grands Classiques
1 sam adams barrel room collection 3 pack.

misc. wine related stuff
rabbit wine stoppers
de longs wine tasting book
insulated wine tote

How about you?

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin

They may not drink all that well, but a couple at least have a clue.

• 2010 Jordan Vineyard & Winery Chardonnay Russian River Valley
  • 2008 Tardencuba Tinto de Toro Autor
  • 2008 Casa Gran del Siurana Priorat Gran Cruor

CT

cortot20

cortot20 wrote:Please post what you were gifted here in this thread. I like to read what folks got both good and bad.

Mine was an unusually heavy amount from prior years, (I guess its getting out that I like wine;)

4 Pack of 2011 twisted oak tempranillo
1 2009 Chappellet Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Pritchard Hill Estate Vineyard
1 2006 Duchamp Syrah Estate Cuvée Trouvée
1 2010 Domaine de la Presidente Châteauneuf-du-Pape Grands Classiques
1 sam adams barrel room collection 3 pack.

misc. wine related stuff
rabbit wine stoppers
de longs wine tasting book
insulated wine tote

How about you?

received a couple of additional bottles
1 07' Wellington victory
1 11' municipal winemakers sparkling Shiraz

CT

cortot20

rjquillin wrote:They may not drink all that well, but a couple at least have a clue.
  • 2010 Jordan Vineyard & Winery Chardonnay Russian River Valley
  • 2008 Tardencuba Tinto de Toro Autor
  • 2008 Casa Gran del Siurana Priorat Gran Cruor

There seems to be an intimidation factor amongst non-wine drinkers with gifting wine to those who know a bit about it. My parents for example will re-gift me wine from suppliers of theirs not knowing much about it other than it was probably expensive. Other than that they wouldn't buy me wine at all.

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen
cortot20 wrote:There seems to be an intimidation factor amongst non-wine drinkers with gifting wine to those who know a bit about it. My parents for example will re-gift me wine from suppliers of theirs not knowing much about it other than it was probably expensive. Other than that they wouldn't buy me wine at all.

I think that's why I don't usually receive wine as a gift, or maybe it's because everyone knows I have too much already! A niece usually gives us wine but she flew into town this year and didn't want to be weighed down. My g/f's neighbor gave us a couple bottles - a locally produced Riesling and an Argentinian Malbec but I barely got a glance at them before SWMBO whisked them away, haha. The only wine I got this year was a small 50ml bottle of Kittling Ridge Estates Ice Wine and Brandy (Canada).

OTOH, I gifted 30 bottles and donated 10 more to be consumed at family gatherings.