Woot Cellars Pinkie Swear 6-Pack
$59.99
2012 Woot Cellars Pinkie Swear Rosé Wine, Sonoma County
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I never had a woot cellars wine i didn't enjoy and this one looks really good.

I only wish I had money to try it. If anyone in the seattle area gets one may this ol' cowboy purchase a bottle off ya?

cortot20

quality posts: 145 Private Messages cortot20

I'm on on this. The last rose blend I had was from pear valley which I did not like, let's hope it's better than that. Nice work on the label too guys. I'm glad you continued the concept from the albino rhino.

CT

coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160

...grumble grumble....stupid shipping restrictions....grumble grumble...

Any chance Woot will save any of the recent Woot Cellars offers for later once MN (as well as other states) gets back on the shipping list? **fingers crossed**

Winedavid39

quality posts: 202 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Enjoyed working with Lucas Meeker on creating this wine.

The label is a hilarious work of art.

Quality in and out.

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman

Well, glad somebody in the pub figured this one out, since I'm currently sipping some of this tasty juice!

First tried this back in August at the Wootception, and did not care for it at the time (although others did). At this point I should mention that I'm fairly picky wrt rosé. It's gotta have fruit and it's gotta not have any sense of cleaning fluid that's gotten into my bottle. Best rosé I've ever had just reminded me of fresh ripe sweet strawberries and was amazingly refreshing. Tough task to live up to.

On to tonight's sampling. At PnP this was not my thing at all - the nose was too reminiscent of cleaners and some other kind of funk. Palate was also kind of astringent and lemony in the sense of citrus-scented cleaner.

Good thing first impressions don't last forever! After even 5-10 minutes the citrus cleaner scent disappeared and watermelon took its place. Watermelon is a good thing. At this point the wine was clearly starting to come into its own. Not a ton of complexity, but I wasn't expecting any either.

As the night wears on, the fruits evolve more sweetness and to be more up front on the palate. The watermelon remains, but adds strawberry and lemongrass. There's even a hint of passionfruit or something of that nature. Now I like this! It's extremely gulpable at this stage and it's tough to not finish the whole bottle in one sitting. Glad it's in the fridge... The acidity is bright but not overpowering while the fruit is taking its appropriate place for my tastes in rosé.

This went fairly well with blackened redfish seasoned with a Cajun-ish spice blend. It went extremely poorly with persimmon crisp. The latter was not a surprise.

At $10+tax/ship per bottle this is a good value. I like this more than the $6 TJ's J.L. Quinson Provence Rosé and I think it will have more longevity similar to the McClean Syrah Rosé of recent offering. Another great effort from Meeker.

If somebody wants to share 2 bottles molarchae and I are in. No room for a full set (nor the two, to be honest, but it's tasty!).

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

Winedavid39 wrote:Enjoyed working with Lucas Meeker on creating this wine.

Quality in and out.

Agreed.
Also, your attention is requested in the De Longs Wine Map forum.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
klezman wrote:Well, glad somebody in the pub figured this one out, since I'm currently sipping some of this tasty juice!

First tried this back in August at the Wootception, and did not care for it at the time (although others did). At this point I should mention that I'm fairly picky wrt rosé. It's gotta have fruit and it's gotta not have any sense of cleaning fluid that's gotten into my bottle. Best rosé I've ever had just reminded me of fresh ripe sweet strawberries and was amazingly refreshing. Tough task to live up to.

On to tonight's sampling. At PnP this was not my thing at all - the nose was too reminiscent of cleaners and some other kind of funk. Palate was also kind of astringent and lemony in the sense of citrus-scented cleaner.

Good thing first impressions don't last forever! After even 5-10 minutes the citrus cleaner scent disappeared and watermelon took its place. Watermelon is a good thing. At this point the wine was clearly starting to come into its own. Not a ton of complexity, but I wasn't expecting any either.

As the night wears on, the fruits evolve more sweetness and to be more up front on the palate. The watermelon remains, but adds strawberry and lemongrass. There's even a hint of passionfruit or something of that nature. Now I like this! It's extremely gulpable at this stage and it's tough to not finish the whole bottle in one sitting. Glad it's in the fridge... The acidity is bright but not overpowering while the fruit is taking its appropriate place for my tastes in rosé.

This went fairly well with blackened redfish seasoned with a Cajun-ish spice blend. It went extremely poorly with persimmon crisp. The latter was not a surprise.

At $10+tax/ship per bottle this is a good value. I like this more than the $6 TJ's J.L. Quinson Provence Rosé and I think it will have more longevity similar to the McClean Syrah Rosé of recent offering. Another great effort from Meeker.

If somebody wants to share 2 bottles molarchae and I are in. No room for a full set (nor the two, to be honest, but it's tasty!).

I think I can do a split with you as long as sparky or rjq is willing to take it down to you neck of the woods. Let me know.

klezman

CAGrl wrote:I think I can do a split with you as long as sparky or rjq is willing to take it down to you neck of the woods. Let me know.

I've got a better idea...come visit!
We may also head up that way in Feb and/or March...

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday
CowboyDann wrote:I never had a woot cellars wine i didn't enjoy and this one looks really good.

I only wish I had money to try it. If anyone in the seattle area gets one may this ol' cowboy purchase a bottle off ya?

Planning a trip to Portland any time soon? I'll split with you if so...

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
CAGrl wrote:I think I can do a split with you as long as sparky or rjq is willing to take it down to you neck of the woods. Let me know.

Always willing to bring wine back. It may make it empty, but the bottle will make it!

But it might be easier if I just share with him. And anyone else.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:I've got a better idea...come visit!
We may also head up that way in Feb and/or March...

Dark & Delicious is in February ... VA Barrel Tasting is also that weekend. Hint, hint, hint.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

Anyone in Chicago want to do a split on this?

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

I'd be in for a couple, and we should be up for D&D.

CT

tommyjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommyjr
jmdavidson wrote:Anyone in Chicago want to do a split on this?

Definitely! I'll pm.

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:I'd be in for a couple, and we should be up for D&D.

Or you could just get two of my order.

Merlynxlii

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Merlynxlii

Anyone in Tampa up for splitting an order? (3 and 3) Send a PM!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

So is this a dressed up new Pink Elephant vintage? I imagine the winemaking was similar as were the grapes used. PE was under $7 shipped. This offer close to $12 shipped.

"The older I get the better I was"

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

As klezman mentioned, WD brought this to our wootception back in August. it was served after Twisted Oak's new rose, and WD leaned in to me and said he was afraid to open the woot cellars rose after that one. But I felt then that it was definitely strong enough to stand beside it. It wasn't ready, but I could taste the potential, and with Klezman's report, it sounds like it's finally had the bottle time it needed. Woot Cellars reds are known for needing a year after release to show their stuff, so in my head it makes sense that the rose needed another 6 months to wake up. i imagine this is going to be killer next summer.

time to go find a credit card...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

sdilullo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sdilullo

If it's anything like the Pink Elephant, I can imagine this is best 30-60 minutes post-pour. That juice was immensely improved by a little exposure to air and an increase in temperature.

Neither the other half nor I loved it right after PnP. But we thoroughly enjoyed it (with and without food) a bit later in the evening after it had warmed up a bit.

I may or may not be expecting to have more on this later. Unfortunately, the FedEx fairy seems to have delayed something being sent our way...

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 249
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

guzmantis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages guzmantis

Looking at the blend I'm guessing it's pretty low, but does anyone know the RS on this? I like my rosé dry dry dry.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Or you could just get two of my order.

Echoing Cheron98, the TO was a tough act to follow, and for me, at the time, this didn't do it. But as Klez was lucky enough, along with some others with palates I trust to score a leftover bottle and report it's improvement, I can be convinced if only for the label, but I don't buy wine for the label, except woot wine.

Yes, that too could work. someone just tell me who I owe and where it will be.

CT

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

Pink isn't our thing (ok, not my thing), but Woot label wines are. So....anyone in LA up for splitting this one? (Assuming Klez & Molarche are already spoken for)

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
Winedavid39 wrote:Enjoyed working with Lucas Meeker on creating this wine.

Quality in and out.

Looking forward to trying this. Need some rose in the cellar.

WD - check message on FB. I sent without any return address, etc.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
sdilullo wrote:If it's anything like the Pink Elephant, I can imagine this is best 30-60 minutes post-pour. That juice was immensely improved by a little exposure to air and an increase in temperature.

Neither the other half nor I loved it right after PnP. But we thoroughly enjoyed it (with and without food) a bit later in the evening after it had warmed up a bit.

I may or may not be expecting to have more on this later. Unfortunately, the FedEx fairy seems to have delayed something being sent our way...

Hopefully you'll be able to compare them...

"The older I get the better I was"

exlaxer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages exlaxer
Merlynxlii wrote:Anyone in Tampa up for splitting an order? (3 and 3) Send a PM!

PM-ed you

I hope you can sleep at night knowing that you just made me buy 3.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

I'd like 2 bottles. So who's buying? RJ, Sparky, Klez?

miguelmh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages miguelmh

Colorado split 3 and 3? PM if so

klezman

MarkDaSpark wrote:Dark & Delicious is in February ... VA Barrel Tasting is also that weekend. Hint, hint, hint.

That'd be great, except molarchae doesn't have President's Day off. Our trips will also be for friends' 30th birthdays...

lucasmeeker

quality posts: 81 Private Messages lucasmeeker
guzmantis wrote:Looking at the blend I'm guessing it's pretty low, but does anyone know the RS on this? I like my rosé dry dry dry.

RS is about 35 mg/100mL. AKA, pretty much bone dry. Dryness for refermentation concerns is 30 mg/100mL, to give you a frame of reference.

Lucas Meeker
The Meeker Vineyard
www.meekerwine.com
@meekerwine

Question? Just ask!

klezman

guzmantis wrote:Looking at the blend I'm guessing it's pretty low, but does anyone know the RS on this? I like my rosé dry dry dry.

Bone dry. No perceptible RS. A hint of sweet perception from the fruitiness, but that's not RS.

lucasmeeker

losthighwayz wrote:So is this a dressed up new Pink Elephant vintage? I imagine the winemaking was similar as were the grapes used. PE was under $7 shipped. This offer close to $12 shipped.

It's actually a different blend, and we've since raised the price on Pink Elephant. Winery price on Pink Elephant is $19 a bottle now, so even if you are comparing it to PE, it's a great value.

Lucas Meeker
The Meeker Vineyard
www.meekerwine.com
@meekerwine

Question? Just ask!

lucasmeeker

sdilullo wrote:If it's anything like the Pink Elephant, I can imagine this is best 30-60 minutes post-pour. That juice was immensely improved by a little exposure to air and an increase in temperature.

This… our Roses tend to be better a little warmer than white wine temp.

Lucas Meeker
The Meeker Vineyard
www.meekerwine.com
@meekerwine

Question? Just ask!

klezman

CAGrl wrote:I'd like 2 bottles. So who's buying? RJ, Sparky, Klez?

Sparky makes it sound like he's got enough for everybody. Alternately there's 2 each for us, you, and time2testit. I don't particularly care who buys...only people I owe right now are Ron and tytiger. I'll assume somebody is sending 2 my way

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Klez's review above certainly proves this to be completely right.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
klezman wrote:I don't particularly care who buys...only people I owe right now are Ron and tytiger. I'll assume somebody is sending 2 my way

Ahem!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

I picked up a set but will only want three bottles. I will give local splitters first dibs but if I have no takers I'll sell them off. PM me if interested, SoCal only.

CT

cortot20

On a side note, my wife and I love rose so if the community needs some TN's for future woots....... Just saying.

CT

threemoons

quality posts: 18 Private Messages threemoons

WooHOO! Finally got in on a new wine.woot offering, and it's shipped to NYC! This is a Festivus miracle! Can't wait to try it.