WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

JCB Sparkling Cremant de Bourgogne (4)

Speed to First Woot:
4m 57.554s
First Sucker:
tonigoogoo
Last Wooter to Woot:
SPR11096
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 27% of Wine Woots
Top 43% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 31% of Wine Woots
Top 45% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 0% first woot
  • 5% second woot
  • 10% < 10 woots
  • 14% < 25 woots
  • 71% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 0% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 2% one year old
  • 98% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 95% bought 1
  • 5% bought 2
  • 0% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

5%
2%
0%
2%
0%
0%
5%
7%
7%
5%
0%
2%
7%
2%
5%
10%
5%
7%
7%
2%
2%
7%
5%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 1673 Private Messages Cesare

JCB by Boisset Cremant de Bourgogne Mixed 4-Pack
$74.99 $115.00 35% off List Price
JCB #21 Cremant de Bourgogne
JCB #69 Cremant de Bourgogne Sparkling Rose
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Oh come on! Surely somebody has SOMETHING to say!



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

rjquillin


quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin
ThunderThighs wrote:Oh come on! Surely somebody has SOMETHING to say!

'morning TT.

CT

sulakdd


quality posts: 12 Private Messages sulakdd
ThunderThighs wrote:Oh come on! Surely somebody has SOMETHING to say!



SOMETHING!

1% RS on the #21, and 1.2% RS on the #69. So both would be considered medium dry.

bolligra


quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra
ThunderThighs wrote:Oh come on! Surely somebody has SOMETHING to say!



The write-ups seen to be more about Jean-Charles than the wine. And how can so many different numbers have such "deep significance" for him? That's a lot of deep thinking!


As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

chipgreen


quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
sulakdd wrote:SOMETHING!

1% RS on the #21, and 1.2% RS on the #69. So both would be considered medium dry.


1% RS is the threshold of perceptibility so these are right on the edge.

sukeiasa


quality posts: 7 Private Messages sukeiasa

judging from the ct comments, not really all that surprised at the level of discussion.... get some dvx or iron horse and i'm sure the discussion will be much livelier...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

cortot20


quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
ThunderThighs wrote:Oh come on! Surely somebody has SOMETHING to say!



His numbering appears to be as meaningful as Cameron Hughes. And by that I mean it means nothing to us.

CT

cortot20


quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
ThunderThighs wrote:Oh come on! Surely somebody has SOMETHING to say!



Maybe QPR awardees should get some kind of minor discount code. Except Caesar of course. It would encourage participation.

CT

neilfindswine


quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

I like me some Burgundy bubbles...

Cremant has been my goto 'fuel for the chef' holiday wine for the last decade or so... I usually open a bottle about the same time I pull the turkey or roast out of the fridge and start preparing.

These wines come from the house of JCB (Buena Vista, DeLoach, Raymond). Before coming to the states, Mr. Boisset and family built a reputable nêgociant business in Burgundy, so he knows the language and he knows the juice.

These are tasty, quaffable bubbles, perfect for this time of year. And this deal includes shipping in time for New Years Eve. Admittedly, I prefer the Brut Rosé, but I think it's been established that I'm a pink wine kind of guy... It matches my eyes.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
neilfindswine wrote:Admittedly, I prefer the Brut Rosé, but I think it's been established that I'm a pink wine kind of guy... It matches my eyes.



I didn't know you're an albino.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

neilfindswine


quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

kylemittskus wrote:I didn't know you're an albino.



...little known fact... It comes out when I drink bubbles...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

justex07


quality posts: 1 Private Messages justex07

I'm actually a wine club member to JCB (Jean-Charles Boisset) and I am pleased to say their wines are delicious with a great QPR (quality to Price Ratio).

The sparkling Rose compares to J Vineyards Rose and the Cremant is light, slightly citrusy.

The cost for me to get these would be $80-100 with my discount (can't remember my discount) so you're either getting these at Club pricing or even less, not bad!

You won't find these at many stores so if you like unique wines, go for it. The only place I've seen JCB outside Sonoma County (where they have a tasting room) is at two French restaurants in San Francisco.

chipgreen


quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
neilfindswine wrote:...little known fact... It comes out when I drink bubbles...


New nickname = Rhino
Rhino the Albino Wino

JCBwines


quality posts: 3 Private Messages JCBwines

Hello everyone, thanks for your feedback! My name is Andrea, I'm the Direct Sales Manager for Boisset Family Estates. Please keep the questions and comments coming; I'm looking forward to the discussion!

-JCB Wines

Kainc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kainc

I see magnums of both of these on another site for $67.99/per, so the value looks compelling...

SmilingBoognish


quality posts: 49 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

I don't drink as much sparkling wine as I do still by a long shot, but in my limited experience, I've found Cremant to be both tasty and a good value relative to champagne.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
SmilingBoognish wrote:I don't drink as much sparkling wine as I do still by a long shot, but in my limited experience, I've found Cremant to be both tasty and a good value relative to champagne.



+1. No experience with these in particular, though.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
Kainc wrote:I see magnums of both of these on another site for $67.99/per, so the value looks compelling...

Actually, I paid that price a year ago for (autographed) magnums of these same two wines. Bahwm and I both enjoyed them, as did our guests. I don't have any tasting notes, but I remember both of them as solid, true to what I've come to expect from a Cremant de Bourgogne, and totally satisfactory QPR. That would make this a screaming deal.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

diman


quality posts: 2 Private Messages diman

I have been waiting all year for sparkling on woot, and Connecticut is not on the list?

JCBwines


quality posts: 3 Private Messages JCBwines

Jean-Charles recommends sabering bubbles - at your own risk, of course.

Watch Jean-Charles

zinnah


quality posts: 1 Private Messages zinnah

My wife loves sparklers and these JCB offerings have become one of our go to wines. As I recall they are properly creamy, balanced,and not overly toasty. We live near Buena Vista and have met Jean Charles a few times, he is the quintessential charming Gallic gentleman who has been doing wonderful things in the community and we like supporting these endeavors as well as drinking well made wines and sparklers.

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Delivered "in time for New Years". Does this mean more like delivered on 26th or 27th, or more like delivered 28th or 30th?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

JCBwines


quality posts: 3 Private Messages JCBwines
diman wrote:I have been waiting all year for sparkling on woot, and Connecticut is not on the list?



Regrettably, we are not licensed to ship direct into CT. If, by chance, you have someone in a neighboring state that can accept the shipment we would be more than happy to send it there!

Winedavid39


quality posts: 210 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

cheron98 wrote:Delivered "in time for New Years". Does this mean more like delivered on 26th or 27th, or more like delivered 28th or 30th?



Christmas and New Years fall on a real difficult day this year from a shipping perspective (candidly) it's hard to judge. to be safe, i'll say 30th.

JCBwines


quality posts: 3 Private Messages JCBwines
justex07 wrote:I'm actually a wine club member to JCB (Jean-Charles Boisset) and I am pleased to say their wines are delicious with a great QPR (quality to Price Ratio).

The sparkling Rose compares to J Vineyards Rose and the Cremant is light, slightly citrusy.

The cost for me to get these would be $80-100 with my discount (can't remember my discount) so you're either getting these at Club pricing or even less, not bad!

You won't find these at many stores so if you like unique wines, go for it. The only place I've seen JCB outside Sonoma County (where they have a tasting room) is at two French restaurants in San Francisco.



It's so nice to see Club Member support! Thanks for sharing your experiences with JCB!

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
Winedavid39 wrote:Christmas and New Years fall on a real difficult day this year from a shipping perspective (candidly) it's hard to judge. to be safe, i'll say 30th.



Yeah, I know the holidays are rough days. Just trying to decide if we purchase, where to send it - to home, where we'll be until the 27th, or to our destination where we would want these ultimately to be anyway, where we'll be from the 28th through New Year's. Though I guess if we ship it out that-a-way and it ends up going back and forth to the warehouse out there a few days until we can go grab it, it won't be quite so bad, since it's not summer.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

sphervey


quality posts: 39 Private Messages sphervey

Found one 90 point "expert" review on the JCB 21 on Wine Enthusiast:

Expert Reviews
by Roger Voss

Part of a range of wines created by Jean-Charles Boisset of Boisset Family Estates. This Crémant is crisply apple and lemon flavored, a bone-dry, textured wine that is destined for food. It finishes with elegant acidity.
— (12/1/2011) — 90

And 88 points for the Rose:

A pretty onion-skin colored wine, this has soft texture, light acidity and a warm, rounded character. Tart red currants provide freshness and crispness to a palate that’s weighty and concentrated with flavor. A finely balanced wine that can be drunk now. — R.V. (12/1/2013)

JCBwines


quality posts: 3 Private Messages JCBwines
sulakdd wrote:SOMETHING!

1% RS on the #21, and 1.2% RS on the #69. So both would be considered medium dry.



Correct! 1%/1.2% RS - or, about 10g of sugar per Liter, making them both Brut (dry).

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
cheron98 wrote:Just trying to decide if we purchase, where to send it



Alrighty, we pulled the trigger. On its way to our destination

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

JCBwines


quality posts: 3 Private Messages JCBwines
zinnah wrote:My wife loves sparklers and these JCB offerings have become one of our go to wines. As I recall they are properly creamy, balanced,and not overly toasty. We live near Buena Vista and have met Jean Charles a few times, he is the quintessential charming Gallic gentleman who has been doing wonderful things in the community and we like supporting these endeavors as well as drinking well made wines and sparklers.



Thanks for enjoying our wines! Please come visit the next time you're in the area - we'd love to host you for a special tasting.

UBlink


quality posts: 19 Private Messages UBlink

I'm assuming these are non-vintage. Any clue on what the combination/aging might be?

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

JCBwines


quality posts: 3 Private Messages JCBwines
UBlink wrote:I'm assuming these are non-vintage. Any clue on what the combination/aging might be?



You are correct, these are non-vintage. We suggest drinking within 5 years (if you can wait that long!)