polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Let's do it!!

Last full work week for the year.

This late in the AM and I get to start a Pub? Yeah, do it.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
polarbear22 wrote:PoSt away folks!!

Gotta come up with your own starter phrase, unless you're one of them.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning winers!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

polarbear22

otolith wrote:Gotta come up with your own starter phrase, unless you're one of them.

I kind of am. Though never know which are in their dumb phase. But I changed it to be safe.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

polarbear22

ThunderThighs wrote:Morning winers!

Morning.

And I like how your avatar got into the holiday spirit.

My Cellar

otolith

polarbear22 wrote:I kind of am. Though never know which are in their dumb phase. But I changed it to be safe.

You're a PSychopath, too?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

My catchy case# CAS-522380-V0J1W9 has now been open for 112 hours with no response. This, btw, is simply a response email from a case that has been open and not satisfactorily addressed for over a week. In the meantime, my entry way is piling up with woot boxes, unopened and just begging for "return to sender" to be written on them. I hope I don't have to, since it will really f-up Christmas, but I will.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

polarbear22

otolith wrote:You're a PSychopath, too?

Yep, 96 bottles of PS in my cellar. But 340 some bottles of Cabernet and Bordeaux blends. So not totally PSycho.

My Cellar

otolith

polarbear22 wrote:Yep, 96 bottles of PS in my cellar. But 340 some bottles of Cabernet and Bordeaux blends. So not totally PSycho.

Wow!

I have a few, and enjoy keeping it around for when we have lamb. Cab, Bordeaux, PN and Riesling are my go to wines.

I suppose a Shaferpath is probably the best description for me, heh.

--John Muir

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

polarbear22 wrote:Morning.

And I like how your avatar got into the holiday spirit.

Thank you. Brushed the dust off the ol' elf suit from last year.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

otolith

However people can show up a 1/2 hour late for their appointment and just expect to be seen is just beyond me...grrr....

edit: feels good to vent. Most days I wouldn't care, but rearranged clinic so I could make it to my younger son's play today. It will be a surprise, and I really want to make it.

--John Muir

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg

You can continue to vote for John Urschel until midnight tonight CST. This will be your final reminder, as I now fade back into the shadows.
Thanks to the many of you who were regular supporters. John has slightly extended his lead in the fan voting; tonight, it gets turned over to the D-1 coaches and members of the media for their 2/3.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

rjquillin

quality posts: 167 Private Messages rjquillin
ddeuddeg wrote:You can continue to vote for John Urschel until midnight tonight CST. This will be your final reminder, as I now fade back into the shadows.
Thanks to the many of you who were regular supporters. John has slightly extended his lead in the fan voting; tonight, it gets turned over to the D-1 coaches and members of the media for their 2/3.

The spread did widen 0.1% overnight.
Really wondering the actual vote count, not percentage.

CT

rjquillin

ThunderThighs wrote:Morning winers!

We are not in mourning, well, after yesterdays games, perhaps some are, but thanks.

CT

polarbear22

ddeuddeg wrote:You can continue to vote for John Urschel until midnight tonight CST. This will be your final reminder, as I now fade back into the shadows.

I hope he does well. What a great story off the field and on.

One last post after the award is determined to make sure we hear the result.

My Cellar

North316

North316 wrote:My catchy case# CAS-522380-V0J1W9 has now been open for 112 hours with no response. This, btw, is simply a response email from a case that has been open and not satisfactorily addressed for over a week. In the meantime, my entry way is piling up with woot boxes, unopened and just begging for "return to sender" to be written on them. I hope I don't have to, since it will really f-up Christmas, but I will.

Interestingly enough, within an hour of posting this message I received a response. Needless to say, after years of purchases, woot and Amazon will no longer receive a dime of my money. I was also reminded that "any items returned that were not found to be damaged or defective, may be assessed a 15% restocking fee and the original shipping charge will not be refunded", even though that is explicitly how I was told by a woot admin to handle my shirt.woot fiasco.

Looks like I have a bunch more service tickets to put in now.... Oh happy Mondays.

My CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 173 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
polarbear22 wrote:I kind of am. Though never know which are in their dumb phase. But I changed it to be safe.

And I just caught it before you did!

KR says from 10 to 15 years after vintage is the usual window, although some might go a tad early. And can last 5 to 10 years, IIRC.

I suppose the test is if you make it out to D&D (one or more years) if you are a true PSycho .... or have 100+ bottles of it!

Edit: I decided if CJ can take off 2 weeks from updating gatherings, I can let someone else create the Pub!

Plus waiting to see if PS will have time after moving to Chicago to create the Pub again.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:My catchy case# CAS-522380-V0J1W9 has now been open for 112 hours with no response. This, btw, is simply a response email from a case that has been open and not satisfactorily addressed for over a week. In the meantime, my entry way is piling up with woot boxes, unopened and just begging for "return to sender" to be written on them. I hope I don't have to, since it will really f-up Christmas, but I will.

Why leave the boxes unopened? You've already paid for those, and it's not like you didn't have a use/need for them. Just don't buy more until things are resolved satisfactorily.

Did you ever send (sorry for asking) emails with your case# asking for updates? I do remember they move slowly, especially around this time of year, when they are inundated with issues and emails.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:However people can show up a 1/2 hour late for their appointment and just expect to be seen is just beyond me...grrr....

edit: feels good to vent. Most days I wouldn't care, but rearranged clinic so I could make it to my younger son's play today. It will be a surprise, and I really want to make it.

Probably not your office, but haven't you ever gone to a doctor's office for an appointment and waited 1/2 hour or more? Because most of us have. Sometimes 1 hour or more, because of overbooking.

I took Dad to a doctor's office (he hadn't had a primary doctor, and he needed one) for an 8:30 appointment. The office had 2 other doctor's, and there was 1 person in the waiting area when we arrived.

After filling out the forms, we didn't get in to see the doctor until 10:00 or later (I think 10:30, but it could have been 10). I'm usually waiting 15 to 20 minutes to see my eye doctor.

But definitely make it to your son's play. It's worth it to him!

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:Interestingly enough, within an hour of posting this message I received a response. Needless to say, after years of purchases, woot and Amazon will no longer receive a dime of my money. I was also reminded that "any items returned that were not found to be damaged or defective, may be assessed a 15% restocking fee and the original shipping charge will not be refunded", even though that is explicitly how I was told by a woot admin to handle my shirt.woot fiasco.

Looks like I have a bunch more service tickets to put in now.... Oh happy Mondays.

Well, it is Monday, and they don't work on weekends. So anything they couldn't answer by Friday, usually will get answered today.

Which item was it? The Xmas Cards? Because those still have not shipped (or been delivered).

North316

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, it is Monday, and they don't work on weekends. So anything they couldn't answer by Friday, usually will get answered today.

Which item was it? The Xmas Cards? Because those still have not shipped (or been delivered).

More than one order, more than one issue. Not resolved to my satisfaction. There is a good reason why it is now called customer SUPPORT and not customer SERVICE. No more woot'ing or amazon'ing for me.

My CT

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
otolith wrote:However people can show up a 1/2 hour late for their appointment and just expect to be seen is just beyond me...grrr....

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

I suspect other docs have ruined it for you. Your patient assumes he won't be seen until an hour or so after his appointment time anyway.

chipgreen

quality posts: 176 Private Messages chipgreen
chemvictim wrote:I suspect other docs have ruined it for you. Your patient assumes he won't be seen until an hour or so after his appointment time anyway.

Maybe he thought he could skip right to the second waiting room, err, I mean "unoccupied examination room".

otolith

mother wrote:

Hah!

Yes, I realize that docs can and do often run late. My colleagues can usually do a good job staying on time. Invariably, it's the first patient of the day who shows up late and backs everything up. Or, people need more time. I would say I can usually stay within 20' of appt time the vast majority. Every once in a while, I have a crappy day that throws everything off...

Also, FTR, I'm not late from posting on a wine web site.

--John Muir

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
polarbear22 wrote:One last post after the award is determined to make sure we hear the result.

Count on it. Don't know when that will be, though. Last year, the football winner wasn't announced until January 7. I'll be keeping an eye out, as will a number of my colleagues, and I'll be sure to post it here.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, it is Monday, and they don't work on weekends. So anything they couldn't answer by Friday, usually will get answered today.

I don't know if it's from a different part of woot support than the part that would have replied to North's shipping inquiries, but I got a response last night (yes, a Sunday), in response to an email I sent on 12/6 when I couldn't add items to my cart. I soon learned that this was a site-wide problem that morning, but you'd never know it from the generic response I got (9 days later), suggesting I try a different browser. A pretty non-responsive response -- nice of them to get back to me, but not sure why they bothered.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
chemvictim wrote:I suspect other docs have ruined it for you. Your patient assumes he won't be seen until an hour or so after his appointment time anyway.

I was thinking the same thing.. unless this is a regular patient who knows you run on time? I have a Dr. that charges you your full visit if you are late and you only get to see him for the remainder of your scheduled time.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

guess what I got today???? My Pedroncelli port!!! yummmm.... now I have to remember that I bought some for gifts....some to gift to myself and some for others...

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:Count on it. Don't know when that will be, though. Last year, the football winner wasn't announced until January 7. I'll be keeping an eye out, as will a number of my colleagues, and I'll be sure to post it here.

Four more hours to vote. I am, but not for all four.

CT

InFrom

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
InFrom wrote:Wine and hurricanes don't mix.

I'd drink them back to back. Might not be a bad base really.

Wait, are you talking storms or New Orleans greatest contribution to American culture?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

InFrom

bhodilee wrote:I'd drink them back to back. Might not be a bad base really.

Wait, are you talking storms or New Orleans greatest contribution to American culture?

LOL.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
polarbear22 wrote:Let's do it!!

Last full work week for the year.

did you use all of your vacation time this year? I'll be taking a pile of days off before the end of the year. use it or lose it.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
North316 wrote:Interestingly enough, within an hour of posting this message I received a response. Needless to say, after years of purchases, woot and Amazon will no longer receive a dime of my money. I was also reminded that "any items returned that were not found to be damaged or defective, may be assessed a 15% restocking fee and the original shipping charge will not be refunded", even though that is explicitly how I was told by a woot admin to handle my shirt.woot fiasco.

uhhh bummer. Sounds like a change in policy, right? I've had great service in the past. Hope some elf fixes this... Or some elf manager.

polarbear22

edthebedhead wrote:did you use all of your vacation time this year? I'll be taking a pile of days off before the end of the year. use it or lose it.

I am off after Friday. Hard job taking all the time this year, but I did it.

My Cellar

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:Count on it. Don't know when that will be, though. Last year, the football winner wasn't announced until January 7. I'll be keeping an eye out, as will a number of my colleagues, and I'll be sure to post it here.

'eh, we don't get to see the results of all our finger exercises? It just, vaporizes?

CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

ddeuddeg - PM for you.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:ddeuddeg - PM for you.

A drive-by? That's all we get?

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:A drive-by? That's all we get?

Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm a slacker lately. I'm sorry. I have no valid excuse for you. I do lurk - been keeping up with reading and stuff, just haven't been commenting.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"