$49.99 $163.00 69% off List Price
2006 Myers Reserve Red Wine, Alexander Valley
2006 Myers Reserve Red Wine, Napa Valley
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20

Seems Like a nice wine at a great discount. White oak comes up every so often an it's always a major discount. Did folks who bought the earlier deals feel that the wines at the woot price presented great QPR?

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Tempting, very tempting. Love the White Oak Cab Franc, and this has it in it.

Hmmm, wonder if we tasted this back in 2012 during the tasting at the SVI before the RPM Alumni tour? Have to look at my notes ... if I can find them, that is!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

shahnm

quality posts: 24 Private Messages shahnm

Here's a "review" from a different website selling this wine (specifically about the Alexander Valley version). It's more of a sales pitch (they have it priced at $50+s/h)...

"This is probably unlike any other red blends you've had. Less fruit and oak than a typical California wine, this wine is smooth and silky and delicious. Definitely one to try for lovers of Bordeaux or Burgundy, and and with the 6 years of age this wine has mellowed out nicely. Drinking extremely well..."

shahnm

quality posts: 24 Private Messages shahnm

Here's another review (more of a comment), from http://www.californiawinetastingadventures.net/2012/05/new-and-historic-old-vines-white-oak.html

"The eighth sample was the 2006 Napa Valley Reserve. A “left bank” Bordeaux blend 50% Cabernet Sauvignon and 50% Merlot, it was aged in 50% new oak barrels (50% Hungarian and 50% French) for 22 months. A slightly bigger and earthier wine than the Alexander Valley, with cassis, coffee, mint, sweet oak and toast notes. On the palate the tannins have a firm grip and yet the wine glides across the palate leaving a long cherry finish."

chipgreen

quality posts: 178 Private Messages chipgreen
MarkDaSpark wrote:Tempting, very tempting. Love the White Oak Cab Franc, and this has it in it.

Hmmm, wonder if we tasted this back in 2012 during the tasting at the SVI before the RPM Alumni tour? Have to look at my notes ... if I can find them, that is!

I found my list from the tasting that night, no White Oak. You may have been thinking of the White Cottage Ranch wines that we tasted.

greyday

quality posts: 51 Private Messages greyday
cortot20 wrote:Seems Like a nice wine at a great discount. White oak comes up every so often an it's always a major discount. Did folks who bought the earlier deals feel that the wines at the woot price presented great QPR?

I've found both the WO Cab Sauv and Merlot to be incredible wines for the price. And I generally dislike merlot.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Love White Oak products, might have to grab a couple of these, anymore notes out there?

EDIT: in for 2
Last Wooter to Woot:
fredrinaldi

RyanANNAPOLIS

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RyanANNAPOLIS
cortot20 wrote:Seems Like a nice wine at a great discount. White oak comes up every so often an it's always a major discount. Did folks who bought the earlier deals feel that the wines at the woot price presented great QPR?

I picked up two of the previous White Oak offerings and they represented a tremendous QPR IMO. Those were for the Napa Cabernet and Merlot and were 8.25 per bottle and then ~10 per bottle on the second offering.

I am very intrigued by this offering and might have to break my self imposed moratorium on buying wine

RyanANNAPOLIS

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RyanANNAPOLIS
MarkDaSpark wrote:Tempting, very tempting. Love the White Oak Cab Franc, and this has it in it.

It appears that Groupon is running a deal featuring this wine:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-2006-white-oak-myers-reserve-red-blend-with-bamboo-corkscrew

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
RyanANNAPOLIS wrote:It appears that Groupon is running a deal featuring this wine:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-2006-white-oak-myers-reserve-red-blend-with-bamboo-corkscrew

And the Chateau Epernay corkscrew...makes you wonder who is sourcing those deals...

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ego48

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ego48

Great QPR. Recommend highly.

would be in for 3, but continue to be shut out in Georgia (ya ya, I know the links and the reasons). have had to shift my wine buying to other sites.

abyra

quality posts: 1 Private Messages abyra

I just finished my last bottle of White Oak cab a week or so ago, it was so good. I'm trying to be in for two but this dang site wont let me add to my cart!!! help me woot

fredrinaldi

abyra wrote:I just finished my last bottle of White Oak cab a week or so ago, it was so good. I'm trying to be in for two but this dang site wont let me add to my cart!!! help me woot

Had the same problem, just opened a new window, went to my cart and finished the purchase there.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
abyra wrote:I just finished my last bottle of White Oak cab a week or so ago, it was so good. I'm trying to be in for two but this dang site wont let me add to my cart!!! help me woot

Try something other than IE8.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
North316 wrote:Try something other than IE8.

It has nothing to do with IE this morning. The site is half broken. Only the first photo will load when clicked (alternate views/photos don't come up). Only the Features tab comes up -- Specs, Winery, Sales Stats and Top Comments fail. Adding an item to your cart often fails to do anything at all.

I just placed an order, but was forced to use mobile Safari from my iPhone, which at least let me add items to the cart and check out.

Firefox and Chrome on a desktop computer both failed.

rjquillin

quality posts: 168 Private Messages rjquillin
moondigger wrote:It has nothing to do with IE this morning. The site is half broken. Only the first photo will load when clicked (alternate views/photos don't come up). Only the Features tab comes up -- Specs, Winery, Sales Stats and Top Comments fail. Adding an item to your cart often fails to do anything at all.

I just placed an order, but was forced to use mobile Safari from my iPhone, which at least let me add items to the cart and check out.

Firefox and Chrome on a desktop computer both failed.

All seems fine with FF 25.0.1 on OsX 10.6.8. Absolutely no issues with any of your nits.

CT

chipgreen

Site not working properly w/Chrome & Win 7. "Add to Cart" button does nothing. Also can't access product tabs (specs, winery, sales stats).

chipgreen

chipgreen wrote:Site not working properly w/Chrome & Win 7. "Add to Cart" button does nothing. Also can't access product tabs (specs, winery, sales stats).

Working fine with IE11

2nutz4u

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2nutz4u

Not working for me as well. Tried all clients. They are all up to date.

2nutz4u

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2nutz4u
2nutz4u wrote:Not working for me as well. Tried all clients. They are all up to date.

Got it to work from my phone. Not sure why its not working from computer.

rjquillin

Sparky, I'd take a bottle or two if you (can) grab any.

CT

sphervey

quality posts: 37 Private Messages sphervey

From The California Wine Tasting Adventures of Erik Wait, the 2005 profile of the Alexander Valley Reserve followed by the 2006 of Napa Valley Reserve which is on sale today:

My seventh pour was the 2005 Alexander Valley Reserve. It is a “right bank” Bordeaux blend of 50% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 25% Cabernet Franc aged in 80% new oak barrels (75% Hungarian and 25% French) for 22 months. This wine displays black currants, strawberry preserves, cigar box, and tobacco. Although it has a hefty price tag at $50 a bottle it will easily compete with many similar wines in the Napa Valley in the $60-$75 range.

The eighth sample was the 2006 Napa Valley Reserve. A “left bank” Bordeaux blend 50% Cabernet Sauvignon and 50% Merlot, it was aged in 50% new oak barrels (50% Hungarian and 50% French) for 22 months. A slightly bigger and earthier wine than the Alexander Valley, with cassis, coffee, mint, sweet oak and toast notes. On the palate the tannins have a firm grip and yet the wine glides across the palate leaving a long cherry finish. This wine sells for $50 a bottle.

rgarnier

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rgarnier

The whole Woot site across the board is not working right on my computer (using Chrome) today - many pages, pictures, etc. are not working right. Remarkably got to this comments page, though.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

We are aware that some of you are experiencing ordering problems and we apologize for this. We will let you know as soon as it's fixed.

It sounds like people are able to order on mobile devices so you might try that if you can.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

chipgreen

rgarnier wrote:The whole Woot site across the board is not working right on my computer (using Chrome) today - many pages, pictures, etc. are not working right. Remarkably got to this comments page, though.

Also using Chrome and finding that I can access my cart and view the preview pics of other woot sites at the top of this page but neither of those work on the main wine.woot page.

btphillips

quality posts: 4 Private Messages btphillips
North316 wrote:And the Chateau Epernay corkscrew...makes you wonder who is sourcing those deals...

Holy Cow! We could get one bottle PLUS a corkscrew for just $50? Or it could get 3 bottles for about the same amount. Hmmmm...

oosty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oosty
RyanANNAPOLIS wrote:It appears that Groupon is running a deal featuring this wine:

Realize that the Groupon "deal" is for 1 bottle at $50!

chipgreen

btphillips wrote:Holy Cow! We could get one bottle PLUS a corkscrew for just $50? Or it could get 3 bottles for about the same amount. Hmmmm...

They sell the corkscrews here periodically for around $23, IIRC & FWIW.

fredrinaldi

ThunderThighs wrote:We are aware that some of you are experiencing ordering problems and we apologize for this. We will let you know as soon as it's fixed.

It sounds like people are able to order on mobile devices so you might try that if you can.

I had the problem, I hit "I want one" button showed my cart but couldn't get further, so Opened a new window went to woot, clicked my cart and was able to finish the order. all on a desk top

rjquillin

So is this really S.O., or just another issue with mother ship?

CT

vrvallejo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vrvallejo

Unfortunately my shipment was damaged and I have not received a response from support (other than the automated response 3x now). Anyone other staff out there than can help?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

vrvallejo wrote:Unfortunately my shipment was damaged and I have not received a response from support (other than the automated response 3x now). Anyone other staff out there than can help?

I'm sorry for the delayed response. I'll email CS to let them know of your concerns. Thank you for your patience.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

vrvallejo

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm sorry for the delayed response. I'll email CS to let them know of your concerns. Thank you for your patience.

Sorry to hijack this thread but on the 15th I did get a response from CS and I replied back to them and then all went silent so I have no idea if anything is is process. I requested a refund. Can you check on this if indeed my refund request was received?

vrvallejo

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm sorry for the delayed response. I'll email CS to let them know of your concerns. Thank you for your patience.

Hi staff, any update?