SakeOneSakeSteve

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SakeOneSakeSteve
polarbear22 wrote:Great to see the level of discussion today. Not many comments on most offers.

Steve, thanks for taking part. It makes a world of difference to have the sake master (winemaker?) join in the thread. And I am sure it translates to increased sales, both now and later.

I for one am still hoping for an appearance of Momokowa blue bottles. They were in that wine trellis thing. And unless it was an old photo, why were those bottles at hand? Sefish conspiracy theory.

I always enjoy spreading the gospel of fine sake to anyone who will listen! I used to be in the Oregon wine business (almost 30 years) and have been running SakeOne now for over four years. It takes great people to make great product and we have an excellent staff of sake brewers and support team!

Not sure what you mean by the Momokawa blue bottles and wine trellis thing - unless you speak of the display racks in our tasting room...

Kanpai!

Steve @ SakeOne

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
SakeOneSakeSteve wrote:Not sure what you mean by the Momokawa blue bottles and wine trellis thing - unless you speak of the display racks in our tasting room...

Kanpai!

Steve @ SakeOne

See here. PolarBear is hoping that these will show up on woot very soon since they were used in a photo within the past week. Logic: bottles used in photo = bottles lying around = bottles soon to be ours!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
kylemittskus wrote:See here. PolarBear is hoping that these will show up on woot very soon since they were used in a photo within the past week. Logic: bottles used in photo = bottles lying around = bottles soon to be ours!

Thanks for the assist.

And the blue bottles do look good in the holder.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Wow, those blue bottles were offered back in August 2007. I wonder if they got more, or just hold on to all of their bottles.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
klezman wrote:Done. Scott, got you covered.

Thank you!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

deadlyichi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deadlyichi

I was so considering to buy this sake as my first wine woot, but my state Isn't listed. Im from Ga.

alukan

quality posts: 5 Private Messages alukan

Loved SakeOne sake the previous offerings and can't let this pass.

debbim7

quality posts: 2 Private Messages debbim7

This is the one of a (very) few things good about living in Connecticut: being able to order from wine.woot. Looking forward to trying the G50. I saw some cocktail recipes on SakeOne website, may come in handy for New Years!

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis

Ok..just my two pennies.... just cuz you like and or love wine does not mean you will like and or love sake. I've been doing the wine thing for 25-30 years. I've tried to appreciate sake, but no can do. Different animals..totally. But that's just me..I have other long time wino friends that enjoy, some that don't. More don't than do. I guess my only point is that just because you may enjoy wine, this may not be in your wheelhouse. And from what I can tell tell if you do enjoy sake this looks like a pretty darn nice deal.

Merry Christmas to all...

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
kaolis wrote:Ok..just my two pennies.... just cuz you like and or love wine does not mean you will like and or love sake. I've been doing the wine thing for 25-30 years. I've tried to appreciate sake, but no can do. Different animals..totally. But that's just me..I have other long time wino friends that enjoy, some that don't. More don't than do. I guess my only point is that just because you may enjoy wine, this may not be in your wheelhouse. And from what I can tell tell if you do enjoy sake this looks like a pretty darn nice deal.

Merry Christmas to all...

Also, the same problem exists with both wine and sake. If you are trying it for the first time, and you try a bad one (or cheap one), chances are you will not like it, and just make up your mind that you don't like it. I have found this to be the case with many people, for both wine and sake; they claim to hate it, but then when I put a good quality product in front of them, their mind is changed instantly.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

so, I think I have only tried Sake a LONG time ago, and I only remember it burning and nasty.....so is something I need/want to try?

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal
NightGhost wrote:If you've only ever had cheap sake, you owe it to yourself to try this, for it will tickle your palate in ways that you never imagined.

Grades of Sake

Can this be real?

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
goneferal wrote:Can this be real?

Absolutely real!

mommadeb1 wrote:so, I think I have only tried Sake a LONG time ago, and I only remember it burning and nasty.....so is something I need/want to try?

...and it sounds like you got some cheap commercial plonk. Good saké is absolutely wonderful, can be rather like sweet fragrant water, no burn at all, even at 18%.
I should have gotten three.

CT

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:...and it sounds like you got some cheap commercial plonk. Good saké is absolutely wonderful, can be rather like sweet fragrant water, no burn at all, even at 18%.
I should have gotten three.

so is this sweet fragrant water? With Nightghost making an appearance...me thinks I should try this?!

rjquillin

mommadeb1 wrote:so is this sweet fragrant water? With Nightghost making an appearance...me thinks I should try this?!

If you don't like it, bring it to D&D!

CT

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:If you don't like it, bring it to D&D!

you are such an enabler!!! I don't even know if I will be able to make D&D

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
mommadeb1 wrote:so is this sweet fragrant water? With Nightghost making an appearance...me thinks I should try this?!

I can't imagine that you'll be disappointed for trying it, even if you don't like it. But I can't imagine someone not liking sakè but liking wine. (Of course I know that these people exist and there's nothing wrong with them.)

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

teddyteddy21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages teddyteddy21

Of course wine! offers saké when I can't get any.

What are the odds of saké being sold again? Anyone?

12/10/2013

rjquillin

mommadeb1 wrote:you are such an enabler!!! I don't even know if I will be able to make D&D

Get two.

CT

Teriath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Teriath

I haven't splurged on sake in a long time. Here's hoping that this purchase was worth it

kabraxcis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kabraxcis

First time trying sake outside of a bar.

Smooth, amazing drink even at 18%.

Fragrant with a nice aftertaste

Like a supersmooth supersweet white wine

definitely worth the price, should have gotten 3 packs.