10/1/11
12/3/08
9/15/08
8/27/07
2/5/07

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

webdev511

quality posts: 37 Private Messages webdev511

In for one because...REASONS!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

I might cave. It's four of the "G" and none of the lemon grass. Hmm...

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Interesting, these were just on Rue La la.

Chipgreen, are you up for a split?

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen
bkarlan wrote:Interesting, these were just on Rue La la.

Chipgreen, are you up for a split?

I'm a Saké neophyte but sure, I'll give it a try. First split is on you.

PMing you my address...

cellogreg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cellogreg

I was at a liquor store a few days ago, lamenting the sake selection when I remembered G sake. I got a bottle on Woot a few years back, and it truly was an astounding beverage. After getting home I even looked G up and learned of "Fifty.' This Woot is more thanserendipitous, it's clearly a sign from the gods!

KupoCheer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KupoCheer

Man, I've been waiting years for another good Sake deal from Woot (bought the last SakeOne sampler I saw on the site).

Now it can't be shipped to Vermont. Humbug.

The Joy in particular was outstanding.

burns72

quality posts: 9 Private Messages burns72

I think G Sake was one of my first purchases from Wine Woot. It is good sake.

qqrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qqrl

Is wine.woot no longer shipping to MO altogether?

WAstarita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WAstarita

If I yell "Ok Google" at it will it pour itself?

first2summit

quality posts: 7 Private Messages first2summit

G Sake is easily found where I live and I've never seen it priced at it's retail price of $25+ and easily found at the woot price of $15 or less. I don't remember which - the joy or the fifty - but I know I saw it last weekend at a Cost Plus World Market.

bflohl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bflohl
burns72 wrote:I think G Sake was one of my first purchases from Wine Woot. It is good sake.

Same here--I went back and checked. It was my 2nd wine woot in Feb. of 2007. Interesting that it was the same price/bottle.

I remember it fondly, but in the end, never really have a burning desire for sake.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

qqrl wrote:Is wine.woot no longer shipping to MO altogether?

Wine.Woot is currently not able to offer wine deals in certain states, but will be opening up additional states as laws and regulations regarding selling wine online continue to evolve.

You're welcome to also check out this thread to discuss and talk about current Wine Shipping Laws

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dalylink

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dalylink

Yes, yes, yes to Sake One. We first tried their Sake when visiting the winery (Sakery) while our daughter was in college in OR. Absolutely wonderful. This is NOT your "heat until it tastes like kerosene" Sake. Definitely in for one.

Deezy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deezy2

This is showing up on a lot of deal sites. Bought the 3 bottle deal from Groupon this past weekend.

sheilalairene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheilalairene

It is currently $9.99 per bottle at Cost Plus World Market. I bought one last night for my kris kringle. Glad to know it's good!

taraxgoesxboom

quality posts: 3 Private Messages taraxgoesxboom

So googles making wines now?

ganelo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ganelo
ThunderThighs wrote:Wine.Woot is currently not able to offer wine deals in certain states, but will be opening up additional states as laws and regulations regarding selling wine online continue to evolve.

You're welcome to also check out this thread to discuss and talk about current Wine Shipping Laws

What's the deal with MD not being on the list anymore? Just bought the last two port deals this past week, and now suddenly no Maryland on the ship list? I don't see any updates about MD being removed either in the forums or on ShipCompliant. What gives?

lonearchon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lonearchon
ganelo wrote:What's the deal with MD not being on the list anymore? Just bought the last two port deals this past week, and now suddenly no Maryland on the ship list? I don't see any updates about MD being removed either in the forums or on ShipCompliant. What gives?

It base on the Winery if they have a license or not to ship to that state. I bum too that they don't ship to MD

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Loved the G-joy sake. It is non-traditional, and slightly higher in alcohol I recall, but great flavors.

We also visited the sakery in 2008 and had a great tour and tasting. Having good quality sake did convince my friend that he just doesn't like it, but the rest of us enjoyed it.

Only thing missing is the original label. "Men can't find it."

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

relytyelgis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages relytyelgis

The SakeOne offering was my very first Woot (wine or otherwise) purchase back on Feb 9, 2007!

It was great then, and it was an instant purchase decision when I saw it this morning! So glad that they can still ship to me (after moving between three states)!

polarbear22

That was stressful. Unable to order on the PC. Screen would not complete, so no order button to puch. Had to resort to phone to complete the order.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

jdougan273

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jdougan273

I've gotta say, I was a little disappointed when I realized Garbage wasn't putting out their own line of sake.

SakeOneSakeSteve

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SakeOneSakeSteve

Hey Woot folks,

Thanks to all who remember us from previous woot offers. There are a few states that we used to ship to but can't now - sorry!

CostPlus carries the "baby g" 300ml bottle at $9.99.....

G fifty is just now starting to show up in many states so this is a really good chance to try this ultra-smooth sake at a great deal.

If you buy, drink it like a really nice white wine, chilled, but not too cold.

Kanpai!

Steve Vuylsteke
President & Kuramoto
SakeOne

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

If you've only ever had cheap sake, you owe it to yourself to try this, for it will tickle your palate in ways that you never imagined.

Grades of Sake

polarbear22

SakeOneSakeSteve wrote:Hey Woot folks,

Thanks to all who remember us from previous woot offers. There are a few states that we used to ship to but can't now - sorry!

CostPlus carries the "baby g" 300ml bottle at $9.99.....

G fifty is just now starting to show up in many states so this is a really good chance to try this ultra-smooth sake at a great deal.

If you buy, drink it like a really nice white wine, chilled, but not too cold.

Kanpai!

Steve Vuylsteke
President & Kuramoto
SakeOne

Welcome back. It's been a while. Can you do a short Sake 101 for all the new folks? You have done a great summary of what makes sake different from wine (and beer) in the past.

My Cellar

polarbear22

NightGhost wrote:If you've only ever had cheap sake, you owe it to yourself to try this, for it will tickle your palate in ways that you never imagined.

Grades of Sake

Scred half to death.

Welcome back.

My Cellar

kylemittskus

Any So Cal people want to split?

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 16 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Sake is something I know nothing about.
I may try a small bottle when I find out about a good one...
And, It says you must not be drunk when the Sake is delivered? Dang it!

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin

Good morning Steve and welcome back.

I've not had your G series, but wooted some of the Momokawa the last couple times it was up, so a couple of questions.
Just to clarify here, the G-50 is a Junmai Daiginjō and the G-Joy is Junmai Ginjō; neither have any added distillate and are both undiluted, the primary difference being the lesser polish on the Joy.

Can you speak a bit about your starter mash, and post fermentation handling and aging?

I generally drink higher end Junmai Daiginjō grade, always chilled from a masu, and have had and liked Sesshu Otokoyama, Ugo No Tsuki, Wakatake Onikoroshi and a few others I can't recall just now.

I know there are hundreds (thousands), but can you compare yours to any of these?

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:Any So Cal people want to split?

I was thinking of a double-woot, you only want a single of each?

CT

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
kylemittskus wrote:Any So Cal people want to split?

Thinking about it. Give me a couple hours to consult the oracle (and molarchae). I think since I owe you $ it would be my turn to buy.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
rjquillin wrote:I was thinking of a double-woot, you only want a single of each?

I would split with someone...

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

texacaliali

quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

Fabulous to see this Saké offering today!

WineDavid was my Boss!

kylemittskus

So, it looks like Ron and Scott can split an order and klez and I will split one? Your turn klez. I'll deduct it from what you owe me. Or maybe Ron and I should split since klez and Scott see each other more often. That's probably the better option?

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

A related question, I purchased on the Momokawa sampler in October 2011 and still have 2 or 3 bottles left. Are these still good to drink? I thought at the time that I was told they are best consumed within 18 months, which I am clearly past at this point...

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 79 Private Messages PetiteSirah

I bought 3 when it was on RLL, but this is an out-and-out steal. Really fantastic sake that really benefits from being consumed from a wine glass or quality champagne flute.

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

SakeOneSakeSteve

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SakeOneSakeSteve

Riquillia-

We label both sake as "Junmai Ginjo" even though the new g fifty qualifies as a "Junmai Daiginjo". In essence, you're getting more bang for your buck with the higher polish rate on the g fifty - we just decided not to label it a Daiginjo since the production method is the same as the g joy.

There are no distillates added to either sake - in fact it is illegal to do so for American brewed sake. Both sake are pure, undiluted, full strength, in a bigger, full bodied style.

I can't recall tasting a Japanese made sake that compares to either g sake - these are more bold expressions of the drink. Maybe some Nama sakes such as Minato Harbor Nama Genshu - but that retails for 36 bucks.

Kampai,

Steve @ SakeOne