WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Woot Cellars Holiday Gift Shop

"Woot Cellars?" They balked, all condescendingly. It was almost as if they believed there was virtually no correlation between orphaned consumer electronics and wine. Now take a look at the picture to the right. Those are the faces of triumph. Those are the festive faces of people who drink wine and work at Woot. The faces of winners. Cheers.

Cesare

quality posts: 1696 Private Messages Cesare

Woot Cellars Holiday Gift Shop

Adequate Gift (4) + 4 Wine Bags
$49.99
Woot Cellars 2008 Adequate Gift, Contra Costa County Red Wine
Wine.Woot Gift Bag 4-Pack

Woot Cellars Mixed Case (12)
$124.99 $260.00 52% off List Price
2009 Woot Cellars Toothsteinn The Red, The Grimy Wyvern Wine-Hall Cabernet Franc
2011 Woot Cellars Phat Goose Red Blend, Central Coast
2010 Pour Pour Me Fruit Bomber
2008 Woot Cellars Adequate Gift

Woot Cellars Tøøthstejnn The Red (4)
$49.99
2009 Woot Cellars Tøøthstejnn The Red, The Grimy Wyvern Wine-Hall Cabernet Franc

Phat Goose (6) with Random Freaker
$59.99
Random Shirt.Woot Exclusive Ugly Holiday Sweater Freaker

Quaffmor Sauv Blanc (5) & Shirt
$54.99
2010 Woot Cellars Quaffmor Sauvignon Blanc
Shirt.Woot Exclusive 'Wine Hat' Shirt

Woot Cellars Phat Goose Case (12)
$99.99

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 161 Private Messages cortot20

Yeah, more adequate gift. I'm glad you guys made way too much of this.

CT

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger

How do you have a Plus offer in which you can get so many current Woot Cellars offerings alone, but not the Pour Pour Me?

I already have Toothstejnn, Adequate Gift and Quaffmor in my cellar. I'd like to try Phat Goose and Pour Pour Me. It's possible to buy Phat Goose alone but not Pour Pour Me.

Can't somebody fix this problem? I don't want to buy an entire mixed case, which includes wines I already have, just to try a couple wines that I don't have.

An offer with 2 Phat Goose and 2 Pour Pour me would be great.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
moondigger wrote:How do you have a Plus offer in which you can get so many current Woot Cellars offerings alone, but not the Pour Pour Me?

I already have Toothstejnn, Adequate Gift and Quaffmor in my cellar. I'd like to try Phat Goose and Pour Pour Me. It's possible to buy Phat Goose alone but not Pour Pour Me.

Can't somebody fix this problem? I don't want to buy an entire mixed case, which includes wines I already have, just to try a couple wines that I don't have.

An offer with 2 Phat Goose and 2 Pour Pour me would be great.

Supply and demand...

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

Do I want this? Everyone seems to raving about it.....

kylecountryman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kylecountryman

Any reviews on the mixed case and QPR? I've been tempted to try some of these, but haven't been tempted enough to pull the trigger.

Edit: Found what I was looking for here and I'm in for one mixed case to test the waters.

Venardhi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Venardhi

Wondering if this mixed case is worth picking up for gifts. Are these something I can give without embarrassing myself to the wine lovers on my list here in northern California wine country?

cortot20

Venardhi wrote:Wondering if this mixed case is worth picking up for gifts. Are these something I can give without embarrassing myself to the wine lovers on my list here in northern California wine country?

Most are fine to give but I would be hesitant to give toothy 2 to a casual wine drinker as people can be put off by cab franc. It's not a casual easy drinking wine typically.

CT

tuerkish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tuerkish

Perhaps there is some Blitzen still left in the Woot Cellars?

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 49 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
cortot20 wrote:Most are fine to give but I would be hesitant to give toothy 2 to a casual wine drinker as people can be put off by cab franc. It's not a casual easy drinking wine typically.

I agree with you on cab franc's in general, but this one is very smooth and all too easy to drink. I got 8 bottles last time and am thinking about picking up 12 more because it has proven to be a crowd pleaser.

cortot20

SmilingBoognish wrote:I agree with you on cab franc's in general, but this one is very smooth and all too easy to drink. I got 8 bottles last time and am thinking about picking up 12 more because it has proven to be a crowd pleaser.

My one test did not go well, he poured it down the drain. I didn't taste it so it's possible it was a bad bottle. He said it threw a lot of sediment as well.

CT

foobarski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages foobarski

Doing a big-time Happy Dance ... when Toothy 2 originally showed up last month, I thought for sure I was going to have to miss out on a Wine.Woot offering for the first time in many, many years. But now that Ohio's back on the list ...

In for 3.

"Is there anything a man don't stand to lose, when the devil wants to take it all away?
Cherish well your thoughts, and keep a tight grip on your booze.
Cause thinkin' and drinkin' are all I have today."
-- John Perry Barlow / Bob Weir ("Mexicali Blues")

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
mommadeb1 wrote:Do I want this? Everyone seems to raving about it.....

You want the Adequate Gift and Tøøthstejnn if you've not had them.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
cortot20 wrote:My one test did not go well, he poured it down the drain. I didn't taste it so it's possible it was a bad bottle. He said it threw a lot of sediment as well.

Mine threw some sed as well, but oh-so-tasty. Have 7, do I ~need~ more, no, want...?

CT

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal

South Carolina needs to be added to the list for Adequate Gift. Seriously, because I just bought it two days ago. Unless those bags can't be shipped into the state for some reason.

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:You want the Adequate Gift and Tøøthstejnn if you've not had them.

I haven't had either. Was looking at getting the adequate...not sure on the tooth

Aracos

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Aracos

I still want some Toothy 2, anyone know the status of getting Wisconsin back on the list? Any sort of update would be greatly appreciated.

mrsjhaye

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mrsjhaye

So, is West Virginia permanently off ALL the shipping lists on WineWoot! ? I have been unable to purchase and restock my meager inventory for several weeks now. As far as I can tell there are no FedEx restrictions for this state. Or did someone just drop the ball and assume that West Virginia is part of Virginia (it isn't btw)?

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy
mrsjhaye wrote:So, is West Virginia permanently off ALL the shipping lists on WineWoot! ? I have been unable to purchase and restock my meager inventory for several weeks now. As far as I can tell there are no FedEx restrictions for this state. Or did someone just drop the ball and assume that West Virinia is part of Virginia (it isn't btw)?

We appear to be in the same boat here in Kansas. I can't begin to imagine how much wine I've purchased thru wine.woot since Kansas changed their laws in 2009 and wineries began licensing to ship to Kansas. Now, all of a sudden, Kansas is not on ANY wine.woot lists...including all of those for wines from wineries that I've purchased from in the past. What gives? I can't imagine that every winery that wine.woot deals with has dumped Kansas. Can somebody give me an explanation? Every time that I've inquired, I get the same old song and dance that apparently this winery or that winery is not licensed to ship to Kansas...but that makes no sense whatsover, since so many of them have in the past. The exact same wines that I've purchased on previous offers are now no longer shipping to Kansas. Did they all just give up on Kansas? Sorry for the rant, but it's very frustrating...I've always enjoyed the vast majority of wines that I've purchased on wine.woot, but that appears to have come to an end...

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
mommadeb1 wrote:I haven't had either. Was looking at getting the adequate...not sure on the tooth

If you like CF, or maybe like CF, it's a buy. If you really don't like CF, you should pass.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen

For those in states where wine.woot used to ship but has not lately... this is an ongoing situation over the last couple months. There is a discussion thread about it HERE or you can jump directly to a summary post which lists the affected states HERE.

zcpeanut

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zcpeanut

I just started homebrewing beer about 6 months ago so my cellar is a little more empty than usual. That in combination with not having tried any of these wines make it an autobuy.

I am generally more than pleased with the value of wine I get from woot cellars...

mrsjhaye

tonycyndy wrote:We appear to be in the same boat here in Kansas. I can't begin to imagine how much wine I've purchased thru wine.woot since Kansas changed their laws in 2009 and wineries began licensing to ship to Kansas. Now, all of a sudden, Kansas is not on ANY wine.woot lists...including all of those for wines from wineries that I've purchased from in the past. What gives? I can't imagine that every winery that wine.woot deals with has dumped Kansas. Can somebody give me an explanation? Every time that I've inquired, I get the same old song and dance that apparently this winery or that winery is not licensed to ship to Kansas...but that makes no sense whatsover, since so many of them have in the past. The exact same wines that I've purchased on previous offers are now no longer shipping to Kansas. Did they all just give up on Kansas? Sorry for the rant, but it's very frustrating...I've always enjoyed the vast majority of wines that I've purchased on wine.woot, but that appears to have come to an end...

My only alternative as far as I can tell is to get my wine shipped to my son in New York who may or may not be home to get the shipment then wait 4 or 5 months until I go visit to pick it up. Not ideal...

mrsjhaye

chipgreen wrote:For those in states where wine.woot used to ship but has not lately... this is an ongoing situation over the last couple months. There is a discussion thread about it HERE or you can jump directly to a summary post which lists the affected states HERE.

Thank you ChipGreen, that was enlightening

damjadi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages damjadi

Rather just have Pour Me 12 pack...

shelzacat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shelzacat

I just opened one of my bottles of Toothstejnn from a previous order, and I love it! It's really hard to not buy more.

Very light/clean on the palate, super smooth and not acidic.

I'll have to stop myself from drinking it all... If you like smooth and easily drinkable, it's wonderful

mommadeb1

kylemittskus wrote:If you like CF, or maybe like CF, it's a buy. If you really don't like CF, you should pass.

I guess I haven't had much CF....so I can't tell...but I think I have to have the Ped. that is up now...

chipgreen

goneferal wrote:South Carolina needs to be added to the list for Adequate Gift. Seriously, because I just bought it two days ago. Unless those bags can't be shipped into the state for some reason.

Michigan too. In fact, MI was left off every ship-to list in this offer except the mixed case which contains 3 of the wines which supposedly do not ship to MI individually.

It's bad enough that there have been shipping issues affecting the availability of woot wines to certain states but to see eligible states left off the lists in error must chap WD's ass.

Darksoul13

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Darksoul13
Cesare wrote:Woot Cellars Holiday Gift Shop

No Ice Wines? (Sweet/Dessert)

Silly Rabbit......

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
Darksoul13 wrote:No Ice Wines? (Sweet/Dessert)

There's only been one Woot Cellars dessert wine - Vinito del Finito Late Harvest Zinfandel. Peter Wellington made it. Everybody loved it. It's long gone except for maybe a few archival bottles WD and co have at wine.woot HQ. If even that.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kylemittskus

klezman wrote:There's only been one Woot Cellars dessert wine - Vinito del Finito Late Harvest Zinfandel. Peter Wellington made it. Everybody loved it. It's long gone except for maybe a few archival bottles WD and co have at wine.woot HQ. If even that.

I have two left. I'm sure Sparky as 12.

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
kylemittskus wrote:I have two left. I'm sure Sparky as 12.

We've got 3

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mommadeb1

kylemittskus wrote:I have two left. I'm sure Sparky as 12.

I think I have 1 or 2 left also...that is some yummy yummy wine!!! We need more like that!

MiCat05

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MiCat05

Any notes/comments on the Phat Goose? The RS worries me. Is this on the sweet side? I do not like my reds sweet. The One Last Kiss was too sweet for my palate. Any thoughts?

On another note, popped a bottle of Toothy the other night and quite enjoyed it. Good QPR. No notes as I had a houseful of people over for a football party 😁

kylemittskus

MiCat05 wrote:Any notes/comments on the Phat Goose? The RS worries me. Is this on the sweet side? I do not like my reds sweet. The One Last Kiss was too sweet for my palate. Any thoughts?

On another note, popped a bottle of Toothy the other night and quite enjoyed it. Good QPR. No notes as I had a houseful of people over for a football party 😁

I don't remember it being sweet at all. Came off like a lighter-styled CdR. I've heard it's gained some weight since I tasted it, which wouldn't surprise me at all.

chipgreen

MiCat05 wrote:Any notes/comments on the Phat Goose? The RS worries me. Is this on the sweet side? I do not like my reds sweet. The One Last Kiss was too sweet for my palate. Any thoughts?

The detectable level of RS is 1%. One Last Kiss was 2%, Phat Goose is 0.35% so the sweetness should not be noticeable to you.

It's an easy drinking GSM, not especially complex but enjoyable.

MiCat05

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MiCat05

Thanks for the input. Looks like I might have to indulge. After all, it is the holidays

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
mommadeb1 wrote:I think I have 1 or 2 left also...that is some yummy yummy wine!!! We need more like that!

I have 2, plus a magnum of Polyphemus that I'm not sure will ever be opened - seems I don't have too many occasions which call for a magnum these days. And a few Adequate Gifts, and Pour Pour Me's. But no Toothy - too bad I'm stuck in no-ship Purgatory.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

blaculadave

quality posts: 18 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

chipgreen wrote:Michigan too. In fact, MI was left off every ship-to list in this offer except the mixed case which contains 3 of the wines which supposedly do not ship to MI individually.

It's bad enough that there have been shipping issues affecting the availability of woot wines to certain states but to see eligible states left off the lists in error must chap WD's ass.

The lists match what WCC provided. Confirmed with WD's people that the list running on the mixed case in this sale is indeed correct.