12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1626 Private Messages Cesare

Woot Cellars Mixed Case
$124.99 $260.00 52% off List Price
2009 Woot Cellars Toothsteinn The Red, The Grimy Wyvern Wine-Hall Cabernet Franc
2011 Woot Cellars Phat Goose Red Blend, Central Coast
2010 Pour Pour Me Fruit Bomber
2008 Woot Cellars Adequate Gift
CT links above

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Fun!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Hmm, not sure what to make of this. I want the toothy II, like the fruit bomber (especially at this price), and phat goose and adequate gift are good as well, but I have no need for a dozen bottles. Was hoping for just a 4 or 5 pack of the toothy to pop back up. Will have to think on this for a little bit. $11-12 shipped is a great price though, considering most of these have been sold/resold recently in the $13-15 range.

Maybe I will pop open an adequate gift wine tonight and then make my decision.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
North316 wrote:Hmm, not sure what to make of this. I want the toothy II, like the fruit bomber (especially at this price), and phat goose and adequate gift are good as well, but I have no need for a dozen bottles. Was hoping for just a 4 or 5 pack of the toothy to pop back up. Will have to think on this for a little bit. $11-12 shipped is a great price though, considering most of these have been sold/resold recently in the $13-15 range.

Same. I'd do a 3-way with some people in SoCal.

North316

North316 wrote:Hmm, not sure what to make of this. I want the toothy II, like the fruit bomber (especially at this price), and phat goose and adequate gift are good as well, but I have no need for a dozen bottles. Was hoping for just a 4 or 5 pack of the toothy to pop back up. Will have to think on this for a little bit. $11-12 shipped is a great price though, considering most of these have been sold/resold recently in the $13-15 range.

Nevermind. For some reason Ohio is back off the ship-to list for this one. Easy decision now!

My CT

Nate650

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Nate650

I cracked open an Adequate Gift a few nights ago and thought it was excellent.

woopdedoo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo

If Scott Harvey gets grief from NC for his labeling of InZinerator, one of these bottles would certainly get nixed.

Nate650

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Nate650
woopdedoo wrote:If Scott Harvey gets grief from NC for his labeling of InZinerator, one of these bottles would certainly get nixed.

Just opened a InZIN last night. What are the odds.

sdilullo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sdilullo

Tempting for the sole reason being I've never got my hands on Adequate Gift.

Unfortunately, we already have close to a case's worth of the others. Going to have to pass this time.

Still, yay for OH being back on the list!

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 249
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
Nate650 wrote:I cracked open an Adequate Gift a few nights ago and thought it was excellent.

It has definitely settled down since it was first released.

I'm really enjoying the toothy2.

I passed on Phat Goose primarily based on the terrifying visual of the fat man in the bath tub, and seem to recall Pour Pour Me looking to be a bit on the hot & sweet side of things.

I'm intrigued at this price...

cortot20

quality posts: 145 Private Messages cortot20

I thought pour pour me was very average.
Phat goose was also very average. I haven't tried toothy 2 yet. To me the superstAr of the group is adequate gift. I've reordered it every time I can. But I don't want the rest of these.

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 189 Private Messages chipgreen
North316 wrote:Nevermind. For some reason Ohio is back off the ship-to list for this one. Easy decision now!

I already have a mixed case worth of Adequate Gift (2), Phat Goose (4) and Pour, Pour Me (6). Looks like the same ship-to list from the previous offer of Toothy was used. Most likely Ohio should be on the list but somebody forgot to update it.

Hopefully Toothy will be offered again by itself and the list will be corrected by a more detail oriented woot staffer.

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

Me: Please, please get Wisconsin back on the nice list!

Bank Account: take your time. All is well.

tauwillow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tauwillow

Anybody know the shipping times on this? I want to give some as gifts for the holidays.

North316

tauwillow wrote:Anybody know the shipping times on this? I want to give some as gifts for the holidays.

This is gift week, all items are supposed to ship in-time for Christmas. With that being said, don't necessarily expect this to arrive 2 weeks before christmas. I'm sure WD will correct me if I am wrong here, but that is the point in "gift week".

My CT

North316

cortot20 wrote:I thought pour pour me was very average.
Phat goose was also very average. I haven't tried toothy 2 yet. To me the superstAr of the group is adequate gift. I've reordered it every time I can. But I don't want the rest of these.

I agree that the pour pour me is very average at it's original price ($15). I think my original impression of it was that it would be good around $10-12, which it now is! With that said, it still takes after it's name, fruit bomber.

My CT

mfelske

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mfelske
emmabean2000 wrote:Me: Please, please get Wisconsin back on the nice list!

Bank Account: take your time. All is well.

I've resorted to shipping to my Mom's house in Iowa.

BTW, in for 1.

blaculadave

quality posts: 18 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

chipgreen wrote:I already have a mixed case worth of Adequate Gift (2), Phat Goose (4) and Pour, Pour Me (6). Looks like the same ship-to list from the previous offer of Toothy was used. Most likely Ohio should be on the list but somebody forgot to update it.

Hopefully Toothy will be offered again by itself and the list will be corrected by a more detail oriented woot staffer.

Just heard back from WD & co...they confirmed OH can't be added for this sale. Sorry.

chipgreen

blaculadave wrote:Just heard back from WD & co...they confirmed OH can't be added for this sale. Sorry.

That is... strange. Thanks for checking.

rpm

quality posts: 172 Private Messages rpm

Looks like a fun offer!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

North316

chipgreen wrote:That is... strange. Thanks for checking.

Agreed. Must have only applied for licenses to the states that were available to ship for Toothy II at the time of release. Hopefully this changes.

My CT

mtka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtka

I've always been able to get Woot wine shipped to MN, until a few days ago. I know our state lawmakers haven't changed the rules, other wineries can still ship here. What's up?

chipgreen

mtka wrote:I've always been able to get Woot wine shipped to MN, until a few days ago. I know our state lawmakers haven't changed the rules, other wineries can still ship here. What's up?

MN has been out for awhile. There's a whole discussion thread about wine.woot shipping issues HERE. Or you can jump to a brief summary of which states have been affected HERE.

jaxsk8mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaxsk8mom

I love Adequate Gift, but was really hoping for a set of 3 or 6 of just it. This is a bit too spendy for me. Hopefully later in the week they will offer a smaller batch.

chipgreen

North316 wrote:Agreed. Must have only applied for licenses to the states that were available to ship for Toothy II at the time of release. Hopefully this changes.

+1

As a huge Woot Cellars fan and a huge Cab Franc fan, will be very disappointed if we can't get some Toothy love in OH.

blaculadave

Staff

chipgreen wrote:That is... strange. Thanks for checking.

Acutally, in a completely expected turn of events, you were right! I've been given the green-light to add OH.

OH Residents, feel free to indulge yourselves.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
chipgreen wrote:+1

As a huge Woot Cellars fan and a huge Cab Franc fan, will be very disappointed if we can't get some Toothy love in OH.

Not to rub it in, but it's pretty good QPR, IMO.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal

This is great! I have been wanting to try 3 of these. I already know I LOVE Adequate Gift. It is delicious with blackberries galore.

vixro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages vixro

I was secretly hoping for that Monkey juice.... it's been so long (7 years actually) since that first version of the monkey prize.

mtka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtka
chipgreen wrote:MN has been out for awhile. There's a whole discussion thread about wine.woot shipping issues HERE. Or you can jump to a brief summary of which states have been affected HERE.

Thanks, hadn't realized how long MN had been on the no-ship list. Maybe because I've been getting my vino from Cameron Hughes recently.
What a mess, hope all affected states are restored ASAP

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
chipgreen wrote:+1

Quuite enjoying Toothy, which for me is very strange; opening a bottle within 6 months of receipt.

CT

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

If anyone in Colorado wants to split this.... or any wines this week - let me know!

seamore2001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages seamore2001

In for a case. I just realized I hadn't bought any wine from Woot in '13, so this seems a good time to get back in the game. (I spent most of the year working through Woot cases bought in '11 & '12. Oh yeah, and some really good craft beers)

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman

I'd also take some Adequate Gift, and I'd like to try a bottle of Phat Goose sine trying it at the wootception gave me a better impression than I'd expected. Pour Pour Me is out and I've already got Toothy 2.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

jamesozzello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesozzello
rjquillin wrote:Quuite enjoying Toothy, which for me is very strange; opening a bottle within 6 months of receipt.

Guess I'm in the minority here,but opened my first toothstain about a week ago and wasn't impressed.A lot going on at initial sip but by mid palate when it should have been coming together,it was more like a train wreck. A few days it improved,but not for me. I'll let the rest sit for a year or so or until I forget how much I disliked it

filthy97

quality posts: 1 Private Messages filthy97
blaculadave wrote:Acutally, in a completely expected turn of events, you were right! I've been given the green-light to add OH.

OH Residents, feel free to indulge yourselves.

So happy to see Ohio back on the list for wine.woot and glad it got the green light for this offering.

With all four of these being reds, I have to think there will be a offering of whites soon. F-bomb II and Tri are the two I can think of. What else is there?

blaculadave

Staff

filthy97 wrote:With all four of these being reds, I have to think there will be a offering of whites soon. F-bomb II and Tri are the two I can think of. What else is there?

Per Cellar Tracker, whites have been Albino Rhino, Tri, Tri 2, F-Bomb, F-2, and Quaffmor.

cortot20

quality posts: 145 Private Messages cortot20
filthy97 wrote:So happy to see Ohio back on the list for wine.woot and glad it got the green light for this offering.

With all four of these being reds, I have to think there will be a offering of whites soon. F-bomb II and Tri are the two I can think of. What else is there?

Those are the two whites offered this year. But quaffmor seems to be in ready supply so I wouldn't be surprised to see it again.

CT

tuerkish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tuerkish

I would have been in on this, if only the Blitzen had returned.