WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Tuscan 2-Bottle Wine Tote

Speed to First Woot:
14m 18.997s
First Sucker:
bponeilltn
Last Wooter to Woot:
ddodini
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 28% of Wine Woots
Top 41% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 22% of Wine Woots
Bottom 46% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 15% first woot
  • 5% second woot
  • 15% < 10 woots
  • 20% < 25 woots
  • 45% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 10% joined today
  • 5% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 10% one year old
  • 75% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 65% bought 1
  • 30% bought 2
  • 5% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
25%
20%
5%
5%
0%
5%
10%
0%
5%
15%
0%
10%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 1676 Private Messages Cesare

Tuscan 2-Bottle Wine Tote
$19.99 $23.00 13% off List Price

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

blaculadave


quality posts: 18 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

Listen up! It's GIFT WEEK. That means what you might have seen earlier has been replaced with something just as giftable. Maybe MORE giftable. Check back every day this week at Midnight & 12pm CST to see what else we've got up our sleeves.

Winedavid39


quality posts: 212 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

blaculadave wrote:Listen up! It's GIFT WEEK. That means what you might have seen earlier has been replaced with something just as giftable. Maybe MORE giftable. Check back every day this week at Midnight & 12pm CST to see what else we've got up our sleeves.



yea, what he said!

sphervey


quality posts: 39 Private Messages sphervey

Does it come as pictured with 2 bottles of The Crusher????? If so, what a bargain. (I don't think I'll get a Ho Ho Ho out of Wine David on that one . . . )

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

You had an entire year to plan out gift week and this is what you come up with? A couple pieces of fake blue leather sewn together, for $20.

Two woot-offs and no 2nd sale of Toothy II now that Ohio is back...and now this. WD, you better be pulling some of those Delong wine maps out of your back pocket, since we have been asking for those for 2 years now! (or better yet, the Woot Cellars poster(s) you promised me!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

rjquillin


quality posts: 184 Private Messages rjquillin
North316 wrote:You had an entire year to plan out gift week and this is what you come up with? A couple pieces of fake blue leather sewn together, for $20.

Two woot-offs and no 2nd sale of Toothy II now that Ohio is back...and now this. WD, you better be pulling some of those Delong wine maps out of your back pocket, since we have been asking for those for 2 years now! (or better yet, the Woot Cellars poster(s) you promised me!


This

CT

deecue


quality posts: 0 Private Messages deecue

i got seriously excited by just the crusher bottles.. was about to hit the gold button until i read the headline.. ;)

chipgreen


quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
North316 wrote:You had an entire year to plan out gift week and this is what you come up with? A couple pieces of fake blue leather sewn together, for $20.

Two woot-offs and no 2nd sale of Toothy II now that Ohio is back...and now this. WD, you better be pulling some of those Delong wine maps out of your back pocket, since we have been asking for those for 2 years now! (or better yet, the Woot Cellars poster(s) you promised me!


Yes! Bring back Toothy!
....and some wine maps

chipgreen


quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen

I see this wine tote is made by Oenophilia. Their wine racks fill my basement and their wine tags organize my bottles. I need more of both, hint hint.

firant


quality posts: 0 Private Messages firant
deecue wrote:i got seriously excited by just the crusher bottles.. was about to hit the gold button until i read the headline.. ;)


What he said!

cortot20


quality posts: 159 Private Messages cortot20
North316 wrote:You had an entire year to plan out gift week and this is what you come up with? A couple pieces of fake blue leather sewn together, for $20.

Two woot-offs and no 2nd sale of Toothy II now that Ohio is back...and now this. WD, you better be pulling some of those Delong wine maps out of your back pocket, since we have been asking for those for 2 years now! (or better yet, the Woot Cellars poster(s) you promised me!



I don't recall the posters as a promise. I thought he said he would look into it.

CT

fogtower


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower

Please tell me this means this wine will soon be up on Woot.

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
cortot20 wrote:I don't recall the posters as a promise. I thought he said he would look into it.



Linky

"Working on it" is much more of a promise than "looking into it".

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

keithnowak7


quality posts: 11 Private Messages keithnowak7

"Tuscan" wine tote. . . from North Carolina.

Tuscan inspired. Tuscan design. Tuscan... no. It is not. This place becomes more of a big lots by the day.

I can't wait for the 50 dollar wine stave candle votive. You own a wine barrel. You have a drill press with the requisite drill. Welcome to being an artisan. Can I get some bonsai trees. How about a wine bladder. Some whisky stones. Those of us who buy cases of wine surely are in need of a sankey. How about an electronic one. Soiree, or vinturi? Both?

Thanks for throwing the Cavedoni our way. I am now just watching for the olio nuovo. There is still room for some overpriced preserves, beehive cheese, and some more wine openers.

cortot20


quality posts: 159 Private Messages cortot20
keithnowak7 wrote:"Tuscan" wine tote. . . from North Carolina.

Tuscan inspired. Tuscan design. Tuscan... no. It is not. This place becomes more of a big lots by the day.

I can't wait for the 50 dollar wine stave candle votive. You own a wine barrel. You have a drill press with the requisite drill. Welcome to being an artisan. Can I get some bonsai trees. How about a wine bladder. Some whisky stones. Those of us who buy cases of wine surely are in need of a sankey. How about an electronic one. Soiree, or vinturi? Both?

Thanks for throwing the Cavedoni our way. I am now just watching for the olio nuovo. There is still room for some overpriced preserves, beehive cheese, and some more wine openers.



Somebody must buy all these items you detest as they appear year after year. I'm not sure what your point is other than to complain about price. My usual advice is don't buy it if you don't want it of think the price is unfair. What WW sells is determined by what sells best.

CT

kylemittskus


quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
cortot20 wrote:Somebody must buy all these items you detest as they appear year after year. I'm not sure what your point is other than to complain about price. My usual advice is don't buy it if you don't want it of think the price is unfair. What WW sells is determined by what sells best.



Well done completely ignoring the Big Lots comparison. You might as well have not responded. I mean, WW is exactly like Big Lots. Except for the fact that WW sells, well, wine 6/7 times a week except for this one week. But, this one week, this place is exactly like Big Lots. Well, except for the balsamic, and the EVOO I'm sure we'll see soon.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mike808


quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808

Tuscan wine tote?
We don't need no steenkin' wine tote.

What has two thumbs and managed to save a half case of The Crusher from rampant quality sampling this summer?


*This Guy*

In for three if more shows up!
#TheCrusher

chipgreen


quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
kylemittskus wrote:Well done completely ignoring the Big Lots comparison. You might as well have not responded.


You've both ignored the most egregious statement of all, which is his denial of the Tuscan-inspired nature of the tote!

Additional research has uncovered the fact that these totes are manufactured in a number of different colors. Colors that come "straight from the Tuscan landscape". Ha!

keithnowak7


quality posts: 11 Private Messages keithnowak7
kylemittskus wrote:Well done completely ignoring the Big Lots comparison. You might as well have not responded. I mean, WW is exactly like Big Lots. Except for the fact that WW sells, well, wine 6/7 times a week except for this one week. But, this one week, this place is exactly like Big Lots. Well, except for the balsamic, and the EVOO I'm sure we'll see soon.



So, you mean this place is exactly like big lots in I need to walk aisles of crap to hope, perchance, something of value comes up. Wow, that sounds exactly like Big Lots. Don't worry if Copa Del Rey shows up for the 700th time, this is gift week! Act quickly, it may be gone. Until next woot off. Until the next. Until the next which finally sells off our inventory.

Tuscan bag. Christ. Do you all get that many lab rats that you can't see a cheap fake leather bag sewn in North Carolina for what it is. They didn't even call it piedmontese foothils, which you can kind of go with. Nah, this is Tuscan. Just like the next Barolo or Barbaresco is probably cal-ital tuscan. Or some asterisk. This is a giblet offering, as has been the course during gift week.

chipgreen


quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
keithnowak7 wrote:So, you mean this place is exactly like big lots in I need to walk aisles of crap to hope, perchance, something of value comes up. Wow, that sounds exactly like Big Lots. Don't worry if Copa Del Rey shows up for the 700th time, this is gift week! Act quickly, it may be gone. Until next woot off. Until the next. Until the next which finally sells off our inventory.

Tuscan bag. Christ. Do you all get that many lab rats that you can't see a cheap fake leather bag sewn in North Carolina for what it is. They didn't even call it piedmontese foothils, which you can kind of go with. Nah, this is Tuscan. Just like the next Barolo or Barbaresco is probably cal-ital tuscan. Or some asterisk. This is a giblet offering, as has been the course during gift week.


I think North pretty much nailed it right off the bat about this particular item and the sales per hour graph and state map confirm that there is not a lot of demand for the "Tuscan" tote. First time we've seen this item so maybe it won't be back?

The Copa OTOH has an established niche. It appeals to a certain percentage of wine.woot users, is a reliable seller and apparently it's available in nearly endless quantities, so of course it's going to make repeat appearances.

While the second half of Gift Week's day 1 landed with a thud despite a rousing Modena-style start, let's hold out hope for the coming days...

kylemittskus


quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus

FYI: WD has said that the Copa is the best selling wine woot has offered. I've never bought or tried a bottle.

And yes, this particular offer sucks. But let's not throw the baby out with the bath water while pretending the world is ending.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen