Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1618 Private Messages Cesare

Cavedoni Botte Piccola Italian Balsamic
$39.99 $55.00 27% off List Price
Cavedoni Botte Piccola Italian Balsamic, 250ml bottle

Listen up! It's GIFT WEEK. That means this sale will disappear sooner than you think. Complete your purchase before 12pm CST, which is when this gets replaced with something just as giftable.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160

This is going to make a lot of peoples' day.

Yes, it is that good.

Yes, you should buy it.

And yes, when you run out you'll wish you had bought more.

bubbaprog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bubbaprog
coolchris160 wrote:This is going to make a lot of peoples' day.

Yes, it is that good.

Yes, you should buy it.

Came in here to post this, I see someone has already gotten to it. Seriously, this is about the best vinegar you could ever buy. I can't imagine the really expensive stuff being that much better.

Momster

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Momster

I bought 3 last time with the intention of using them as gifts.

HAHAHAHAHAH

Yeah, I finally bought another and this time had woot send it to them instead of me.

om nom nom

trismic

quality posts: 5 Private Messages trismic
coolchris160 wrote:And yes, when you run out you'll wish you had bought more.

I still have two bottles in my "cellar", and yet I had to buy two more just in case I run low before the next time this is offered.

thumperchick

quality posts: 239 Private Messages thumperchick

This balsamic started a love affair of great vinegars and infused EVOO. My mouth thanks you and my wallet grumbles.

Momster

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Momster
trismic wrote:I still have two bottles in my "cellar", and yet I had to buy two more just in case I run low before the next time this is offered.

lol, I have three in storage and one open... so tempted...

popeang

quality posts: 1 Private Messages popeang

No APO mailing...what a crock. Can we please, please, please fix this today?

JediLow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JediLow
Momster wrote:lol, I have three in storage and one open... so tempted...

One in storage, just went in for two =P

thumperchick

quality posts: 239 Private Messages thumperchick
Momster wrote:lol, I have three in storage and one open... so tempted...

It's not like it goes bad...

harmonious2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages harmonious2

Cavedoni Balsamic is the shizzit. I have one bottle left that I was afraid to open until I made sure I could get more. In for 2 and I might have to do a few Balsamic shots to celebrate!

outofi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages outofi

Between the comments here and on Amazon, I had to buy a bottle to try. Looked up the Cavedoni website, and was very pleased to see they have Saba as well. Hoping Saba will be on woot one day now.

silverfaux

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silverfaux
bubbaprog wrote:Came in here to post this, I see someone has already gotten to it. Seriously, this is about the best vinegar you could ever buy. I can't imagine the really expensive stuff being that much better.

Oh, the more expensive is even better. However, it's really hard to beat the value of this.

I've only had longer aged balsamic because it was a gift from family living in Italy, not because I could afford it.

Jillianzwerenz

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Jillianzwerenz

Does anyone know how many years this bottle has been aged? I've had hundred year old balsamic that is thick and syrupy and then 12 year old that is still sweet enough to drink alone. Just trying to gage the quality for the price. Seems a bit low for a really high quality balsamic. I'm guessing the age is around 25 years?

Esc8p2NeverLand

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Esc8p2NeverLand

I bought two last time and am more than pleased with it. I've only opened one up so far and the other is in safe-keeping with my wines. If you love vinegars, cheese, fruit, wine, or any other good food, I highly suggest you pick some of this up. You will not be disappointed.

wootby
newt

greenfields

quality posts: 1 Private Messages greenfields
Jillianzwerenz wrote:Does anyone know how many years this bottle has been aged? I've had hundred year old balsamic that is thick and syrupy and then 12 year old that is still sweet enough to drink alone. Just trying to gage the quality for the price. Seems a bit low for a really high quality balsamic. I'm guessing the age is around 25 years?

It's only 7 (I've seen 8 in some places) years barrel aged. I wouldn't expect much longer in the bottle. The traditional consortium approved balsamics have to be barrel aged for a minimum of 12 years which is why the price is a bit lower and the bottle is bigger than normal.

Cavedoni does produce the traditional but then you're looking at prices from $145-825 if you can even find them.

However, if you visit a certain other website they do have bottles of the 18, 80, and 100 year old on sale. The others were available, but sold out now.

dburr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dburr

Damn you Woot, couldn't you have waited to post this until after my paycheck came in?! :-P *shakes his tiny little fist in the air in frustration*

Seriously, all the posts are correct, this stuff is THAT good. It will add that extra special pizzaz to any dish. It's great for glazing meats and fish, adds lots of flavor to vegetables, pairs well with fruit to make an extra special dessert, and can even turn mundane foods (grilled cheese sandwiches, yogurt, oatmeal!!...) into extraordinary experiences. (And, yes really, what you have heard is true. Try it with ice cream.) Heck I've even been known to pour some out into a tiny shot glass and sip it like a fine wine.

In for 1. (I would go for more, but there's the aforementioned lack-of-paycheck thing... :-( )

LINCAR4

quality posts: 3 Private Messages LINCAR4

This THE best balsamic out there. I've tried a few and this is just awesome. When I finally gave it to my wife at the beginning of this year we polished a bottle off in about a month. Its soooo good. I only had 1 left, so we made it last a couple of months cause we used it on everything. Amazon sells it for like 60 bucks, so this is a killer deal get it while you can. I bought 3 this time, hope it lasts.

edit: someone asked about thickness. It is very thick and syrupy, is that a word? between a molasses and good maple syrup.

sarah113

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarah113

I bought this last year and am soooooo thrilled to see it back again. Have tried it on just about everything, including vanilla ice cream. Might even give one as a gift this year.

jeffandmonica

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jeffandmonica

OK, not to spoil the party, but.. meh. Tried it on ice cream, interesting but not kRazY good. Tried it on grilled veggies, just didn't feel it. For the price I'm not sure it's much better than supermarket balsamic. I do LOVE balsamic in general, just not seeing what makes this one so much better.

Cyradia

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Cyradia

Automatic buy of the maximum limit. Pleased to see the limit is at 3...it's normally 2 on this stuff.

vollmere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vollmere

I have been stalking woot (more so than normal) for like a week once I realized how close our last bottle was to being empty.

lessthanthree13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lessthanthree13

It really is THAT good. I have checked my Wine Woot! emails for the past year since it was last available, even though I live in Pennsylvania and can't buy 99% of what is offered. Every single day checking in, just for this vinegar. We might have a few drops left in the last bottle and I'm so happy to have a full supply again. I bought 2 and I'm already wondering if I should have gotten the third...

jaxsk8mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaxsk8mom
coolchris160 wrote:This is going to make a lot of peoples' day.

Yes, it is that good.

Yes, you should buy it.

bubbaprog wrote:Came in here to post this, I see someone has already gotten to it. Seriously, this is about the best vinegar you could ever buy. I can't imagine the really expensive stuff being that much better.

I came in to post this and see someone has already gotten to it, and already gotten to saying they were going to post this.

BUY THIS. It's divine. I bought two bottles last year - one for me and one for a friend.

larasgambati

quality posts: 2 Private Messages larasgambati

Wooters' commentaries never let me down. If the overwhelming consensus is to buy, then I buy. I'm in for 3.

PS - my husband is a chef. Can't wait to taste this.

joedansker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joedansker

This really isn't Balsamic Vinegar. I had the pleasure of traveling to Modena this past summer and I learned a few things. The rules for what can be called "Traditional Balsamic Vinegar" is that it has to be aged a minimum of 12 years, and consist entirely of 100% grape must. In other words, no vinegar, actually, in the vinegar.

This product is a mixture of grape must and wine vinegar.

With that said, I've bought this in the past and enjoyed it. It tastes great, cheaper than the real stuff, (which you can only find in gourmet stores for much more money than this) and makes a great present.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

If you look back at prior offers, you can read what the seller says about this. He goes through the details of why this is not traditional balsamic, etc.

I compared this to one of their traditional balsamics that he let go at wholesale (About $85 for 100 ml). I did not taste that much difference. Not enough to double price and halve the volume.

We get a number of balsamics from specialty sites. And this is still the best tasting, thickness, etc. SWMBO gave me the OK to buy one, so I ordered two. Oops!

Too hard to look back, but this is likely to put total bottles purchased at 9-10, and we only gave one as a gift.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

JanFP

quality posts: 11 Private Messages JanFP

Autobuy for me - I get the shakes when I finish a bottle of this. And I thought you people were crazy recommending balsamic strawberries, but I fell in love this summer. This stuff is seriously addictive.

Too much wine, too many beer-drinking friends

sukeiasa

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sukeiasa

haven't bought this for a few years, mostly because i've been moving and traveling a lot... but in for 3 this time... keep one and 2 as gifts...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Thanks for all the positive comments!

This is always a fun day. Please let friends know about this stuff.

Mattazuma

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mattazuma

This is tremendous balsamic vinegar. Very happy Woot is letting us buy three this time.

Give one & keep two for yourself. Although you will probably regret giving one of them away in a couple months.

jchasma

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jchasma

Though, I am a HUGE fan, Rue La La has this for $45.90 a bottle currently, due to free shipping through Christmas. Also, it looks like you can buy up to 10.
https://www.ruelala.com/event/product/81700/3010020475/1/DEFAULT
If you sign up to buy some, please use my link! http://www.ruelala.com/invite/judgirlie162

Cavedoni Botte Piccola 8 Year Balsamic Vinegar Item Price: $45.90 Item Total: $45.90

Here are the details on the website:
Balsamic vinegar aged for a minimum of eight years using the solera methods
The legendary Botte Piccola has garnered a worldwide following among aficionados of traditional Italian balsamic vinegar
Botte Piccola is a superb finishing balsamic that can be used on many foods such as fine cheeses, quality cuts of meat, vegetables, and even ice cream and gelato
Once tasted, you will have experienced one the finest examples of traditional Italian culinary artisanship
Cavedoni Balsamic Vinegar of Modena is entirely natural, dark in color and richly endowed with the flavorsome essences of Trebbiano and Lambrusco grapes, as well as the precious woods of the barrels in which they are aged
It has a balanced sweet and sour flavor; this extraordinary alchemy results from the slow maturing of the cooked must typical of the Castelvetro vines, which is then carefully mixed with just the right amount of natural wine vinegar
This balsamic vinegar is noted for its quality and intense, mature flavor
Its high density and brilliance give it the attributes of the best aged balsamic vinegars
Best enjoyed directly from the bottle
Produced from wine vinegar and grape must from Emilia Romagna
Aged in oak barrels
Minimum acidity 6%
250ml (8.45oz)
Enjoy by 2023
Made in Italy

ctviggen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ctviggen

OK, I still have my unopened bottle from the previous sale. I simply do not know what to do with this. Any ideas? For instance, I'd like to open my bottle and use it at Christmas. How can I "wow" my guests with this? Thanks.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Pay attention! It's gift week for the rest of the week so this sale ends at noon!

Don't delay!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

popeang wrote:No APO mailing...what a crock. Can we please, please, please fix this today?

All wine.woot items ship via FedEx. FedEx doesn't ship to PO Boxes. APO = PO Box. Sorry.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

flowerchild59

quality posts: 23 Private Messages flowerchild59

Here are a few things I do with my older balsamic vinegar:
1. Drizzle on a white based pizza, esp good with a little goat cheese on top.
2. Mix with orange zest and add equal amounts of good olive oil and balsamic vinegar, about a tablespoon each (for two salads). Drizzle over a mixed greens salad with orange segments, olives, dried cranberries and whatever else you want to add to your salad. A handful of greens and one orange serves two nicely.
3. To tiramisu, add a drizzle right before you serve it. I like a layer of nutella in the middle and on the bottom. Heck, a little nutella anywhere you want is wonderful and works well with the balsamic.

On the keyboard of life always keep one finger on the escape key.

popeang

quality posts: 1 Private Messages popeang
ThunderThighs wrote:All wine.woot items ship via FedEx. FedEx doesn't ship to PO Boxes. APO = PO Box. Sorry.

Does this have to be sold via Wine.Woot?

Thanks!

jchasma

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jchasma
jchasma wrote:Though, I am a HUGE fan, Rue La La has this for $45.90 a bottle currently, due to free shipping through Christmas. Also, it looks like you can buy up to 10.
https://www.ruelala.com/event/product/81700/3010020475/1/DEFAULT

To follow-up, this stuff is fantastic. I actually use it on pork chops pretty often. It is the perfect balance between sweet and acidic.

pentiumjen

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pentiumjen

Still have a couple bottles in the cabinet. However I ordered three more to keep my stock up and allow me to gift one or possibly two if I'm feeling generous.