WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Gård Columbia Valley Syrah (3)

Speed to First Woot:
5m 59.336s
First Sucker:
ellcap
Last Wooter to Woot:
newnoise
Last Purchase:
9 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 26% of Wine Woots
Top 45% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 2% of Wine Woots
Bottom 13% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 0% first woot
  • 0% second woot
  • 0% < 10 woots
  • 33% < 25 woots
  • 67% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 0% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 0% one year old
  • 100% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 100% bought 1
  • 0% bought 2
  • 0% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
67%
33%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Cesare


quality posts: 1598 Private Messages Cesare

Gård Columbia Valley Syrah 3-Pack
$59.99 $100.00 40% off List Price
2010 Syrah, Columbia Valley, Lawrence Vineyards

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kevin0425


quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevin0425

Uh... again?

http://wine.woot.com/offers/grd-columbia-valley-syrah-3

philct


quality posts: 1 Private Messages philct
kevin0425 wrote:Uh... again?

http://wine.woot.com/offers/grd-columbia-valley-syrah-3



Maybe the ardente deal will come back as well then!! Lol

[img]

kevin0425


quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevin0425
philct wrote:Maybe the ardente deal will come back as well then!! Lol



Yeah I'd love to have another chance at the Ty Caton again - I was away when they offered it on Friday and was kicking myself for missing it.

jmdavidson


quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

How can there be 100% left on the Woot-O-Meter if someone has bought some?

First Sucker:ellcap
Last Wooter to Woot:ellcap
Last Purchase:12 minutes ago

Has anyone seen the flying monkey yet?

lisat5


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lisat5

Hi folks! It's Lisa here from Gard. In case you're interested, here's the spec sheet on the Syrah. I'll be around for a bit in case you have any questions. http://www.gardvintners.com/2010_Syrah.pdf

rjquillin


quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
lisat5 wrote:Hi folks! It's Lisa here from Gard. In case you're interested, here's the spec sheet on the Syrah. I'll be around for a bit in case you have any questions. http://www.gardvintners.com/2010_Syrah.pdf

Welcome back Lisa. I've only had your whites so far.
100% new French Oak. Can you tell us a bit more about that?

CT

chipgreen


quality posts: 186 Private Messages chipgreen

This should appeal to those who like big, bold reds. Smoky, spicy and hot with abundant fruit and lots of oak from the new French barrel cooperage. Notes based on wine description and CT reviews for previous vintages - I have not tried this wine personally.

I generally do enjoy the big reds coming out of Columbia Valley these days but this one seems like it may be a little over the top for my palate.

EDIT: CT link

lisat5


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lisat5
rjquillin wrote:Welcome back Lisa. I've only had your whites so far.
100% new French Oak. Can you tell us a bit more about that?



Thanks. Excited to bring a red to Woot, especially our estate Syrah. To tell you a bit more about the "100% new French oak" -> Tonnellerie Sylvain puncheons actually; medium toast+, tight grain.

lisat5


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lisat5
chipgreen wrote:This should appeal to those who like big, bold reds. Smoky, spicy and hot with abundant fruit and lots of oak from the new French barrel cooperage. Notes based on wine description and CT reviews for previous vintages - I have not tried this wine personally.

I generally do enjoy the big reds coming out of Columbia Valley these days but this one seems like it may be a little over the top for my palate.

EDIT: CT link



Yes, this is a big, bold red. For those who are fans of a big red wine, you'll probably love this one. 100% oak effect is tempered due to the puncheons (vs. smaller barrels).

edthebedhead


quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
lisat5 wrote:Hi folks! It's Lisa here from Gard. In case you're interested, here's the spec sheet on the Syrah. I'll be around for a bit in case you have any questions. http://www.gardvintners.com/2010_Syrah.pdf




Thanks for saying hello!

edthebedhead


quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
lisat5 wrote:Yes, this is a big, bold red. For those who are fans of a big red wine, you'll probably love this one. 100% oak effect is tempered due to the puncheons (vs. smaller barrels).



What would you pair this with ideally?

lisat5


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lisat5
edthebedhead wrote:What would you pair this with ideally?



It pairs nicely with smoked meat, and I also really like it with lamb (think grilled lamb chops).

lisat5


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lisat5
edthebedhead wrote:Thanks for saying hello!



Thanks for stopping by! Cheers!

edthebedhead


quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
lisat5 wrote:It pairs nicely with smoked meat, and I also really like it with lamb (think grilled lamb chops).



Thanks - and I thought I had another hour... Please come back to woot sometime!