Creminelli Award Winning Salami 4-Pack
$39.99 $60.00 33% off List Price
Sopressata Handcrafted Italian Salami, 6 oz Piece 2-Pack
Wild Boar Salami, 6 oz Piece 2-Pack

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rjquillin

quality posts: 168 Private Messages rjquillin

These are right in there with Candy Basket salted caramels and Beehive cheese, just a touch down from the Balsamic that had better make an appearance soon!
Yup, got mine already, just finished up my wild boar last week.

CT

Nate650

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Nate650

I'd be in if it weren't for the "natural flavors." I value transparency and am not a fan of such vague information.

honeybadger12

quality posts: 7 Private Messages honeybadger12
Nate650 wrote:I'd be in if it weren't for the "natural flavors." I value transparency and am not a fan of such vague information.

Yeah I would have preferred that it say "Artifical Flavors" instead, too.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Safe travels to all!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

goatslife

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goatslife

$40 for 24 oz of salami? Steer clear folks... I've had these before and they were nearly half of this price. They were incredibly hard... You could bend nails with them. I sliced them paper thin and they were still incredibly hard and tough to chew. And the flavor was not great either... Basically petrified pork with very little else... No spices to speak of. Maybe the first time I got them they were old desiccated stock... The supposed 7 oz versions I bought checked in at all less than that... The worst was 4.8 oz. That was the wild boar truffle version... I was extremely disappointed. Do yourself a huge favor and buy anything from molinari over these... I've had countless better salamis in the past so I'm by no means a novice salume buyer... Even delallo makes a better product at 1/4 the price... These rank among my worst woot purchases of all time. I rarely voice my opinion on discussion boards but these were so exceptionally poor I hope that anyone who is on the fence about spending $45 for a pound and a half of salami will steer clear... Go get yourself 3 lobsters or two big thick USDA prime steaks... If you want to treat yourself to something special, this is not the buy for you. I fed half to the dogs with their dry food... Guess what was still there in the morning? "Award winning" salami.

pibbsman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pibbsman

Can you send this to a boy in the army?

-Sol

I love woot.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pibbsman wrote:Can you send this to a boy in the army?

-Sol

Wine.Woot ships to the 48 contiguous states. I'm not sure how it would do for a long overseas shipment (assuming that's what you were talking about). Sorry.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Amelia757

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amelia757
goatslife wrote:$40 for 24 oz of salami? Steer clear folks... I've had these before and they were nearly half of this price. They were incredibly hard... You could bend nails with them. I sliced them paper thin and they were still incredibly hard and tough to chew. And the flavor was not great either... Basically petrified pork with very little else... No spices to speak of. Maybe the first time I got them they were old desiccated stock... The supposed 7 oz versions I bought checked in at all less than that... The worst was 4.8 oz. That was the wild boar truffle version... I was extremely disappointed. Do yourself a huge favor and buy anything from molinari over these... I've had countless better salamis in the past so I'm by no means a novice salume buyer... Even delallo makes a better product at 1/4 the price... These rank among my worst woot purchases of all time. I rarely voice my opinion on discussion boards but these were so exceptionally poor I hope that anyone who is on the fence about spending $45 for a pound and a half of salami will steer clear... Go get yourself 3 lobsters or two big thick USDA prime steaks... If you want to treat yourself to something special, this is not the buy for you. I fed half to the dogs with their dry food... Guess what was still there in the morning? "Award winning" salami.

I was just about to order these, but ur unequivocally harsh review changed my mind.

smitty2324

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smitty2324

Just bought one of these from Whole foods for $7.99. They had all the versions in this pack for <$10. Not a deal.

creminelli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages creminelli
Nate650 wrote:I'd be in if it weren't for the "natural flavors." I value transparency and am not a fan of such vague information.

Writing in from Creminelli here. This is an understandable concern - here's why we do it. The listing of spices and natural flavors (typically extracts or reductions of spices, fruits or vegetables) are what allow Cristiano Creminelli to keep confidential his prized family treasure of recipes. What I can tell you is that these things are used for flavor and have no nutritional value or allergens. That said, if you want the recipe you're going to have to go through Grandma Creminelli and that's going to be tough, rest her soul.

creminelli

smitty2324 wrote:Just bought one of these from Whole foods for $7.99. They had all the versions in this pack for <$10. Not a deal.

Thanks for picking us up at Whole Foods and Happy Thanksgiving! The deal is you get the Wild Boar salami which is typically $17.99 and up per piece at retail at a discount by buying it direct. The Sopressata is typically $11.99 at retail including Whole Foods. It's a little larger than what you purchased.

creminelli

Amelia757 wrote:I was just about to order these, but ur unequivocally harsh review changed my mind.

We take great care in handcrafting each salami. The product has been favorably recognized by a list of people that makes us, well, proud. However, what happens once it leaves our hands is something we don't always successfully control. The product gets too hot, too cold, too humid, etc. When these anomalous circumstances occur that affect the quality of the product we happily replace it...which is something else we're very proud of.

creminelli

goatslife wrote:$40 for 24 oz of salami? Steer clear folks... I've had these before and they were nearly half of this price. They were incredibly hard... You could bend nails with them. I sliced them paper thin and they were still incredibly hard and tough to chew. And the flavor was not great either... Basically petrified pork with very little else... No spices to speak of. Maybe the first time I got them they were old desiccated stock... The supposed 7 oz versions I bought checked in at all less than that... The worst was 4.8 oz. That was the wild boar truffle version... I was extremely disappointed. Do yourself a huge favor and buy anything from molinari over these... I've had countless better salamis in the past so I'm by no means a novice salume buyer... Even delallo makes a better product at 1/4 the price... These rank among my worst woot purchases of all time. I rarely voice my opinion on discussion boards but these were so exceptionally poor I hope that anyone who is on the fence about spending $45 for a pound and a half of salami will steer clear... Go get yourself 3 lobsters or two big thick USDA prime steaks... If you want to treat yourself to something special, this is not the buy for you. I fed half to the dogs with their dry food... Guess what was still there in the morning? "Award winning" salami.

Sounds like you had a bad experience and it's still bothering you a little. You know, bad things can happen to a good salami. Why don't you let us replace it? Info@Creminelli.com

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
creminelli wrote:Sounds like you had a bad experience and it's still bothering you a little. You know, bad things can happen to a good salami. Why don't you let us replace it? Info@Creminelli.com

That's a great offer and should alleviate any concerns people have. You are obviously willing to stand behind your product.

What I really want to know though, what is on the Creminelli Thanksgiving table, and can I come over next year?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
bhodilee wrote:That's a great offer and should alleviate any concerns people have. You are obviously willing to stand behind your product.

What I really want to know though, what is on the Creminelli Thanksgiving table, and can I come over next year?

+1 and +1.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

quality posts: 168 Private Messages rjquillin
creminelli wrote:Sounds like you had a bad experience and it's still bothering you a little. You know, bad things can happen to a good salami. Why don't you let us replace it? Info@Creminelli.com

.. and that is not at all congruent with the Creminelli I've purchased and enjoyed in the past, especially the Wild Boar.
As a hunter in CA, bow and black-powder, we enjoy the taste of products that haven't been 'raised' over that of those that are feed-lot specials.

With only a few states not lit up, clearly many do appreciate your salami.

CT

usmokecraik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usmokecraik

I had a similar experience to that above poster. I ordered a similar pack of these salami a few months ago. All of them were hard as rocks and difficult to chew. I was not happy at all. I have never commented on a woot post until now, but I felt so strongly about this that I felt the need to.

Liga66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Liga66

I can attest to how incredibly delicious this salami is. I get it at Whole Foods usually, and stocked up on the sale they had this month. I have not had the pleasure of trying the Wild Boar and this is tempting me. My favorites are the Sopressata and the Cacciatore.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

I know this has posted on previous offerings, but any comments on general storage techniques; before opening, after opening, etc, as well as how long this is good before opening, after opening, etc..

I've been on the fence for this stuff for awhile now and might finally pull the trigger. My go-to 'artisan' salami recently made some changes, increasing the size of their sticks, for about the same price, and drop in quality is noticeable.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

I guess this video answers most of my questions, but any additional insight would be helpful.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

creminelli

usmokecraik wrote:I had a similar experience to that above poster. I ordered a similar pack of these salami a few months ago. All of them were hard as rocks and difficult to chew. I was not happy at all. I have never commented on a woot post until now, but I felt so strongly about this that I felt the need to.

Please email us with the details of your purchase. Info@Creminelli.com

creminelli

North316 wrote:I guess this video answers most of my questions, but any additional insight would be helpful.

Yes. You beat me to it. The most common issues come from salamis getting too hot or frozen so keep them in the deli drawer of your fridge. Also, once open store in a zip lock bag with as little extra air as possible. They don't spoil but they can get too dry over time so don't wait too long to enjoy or share! I try to eat within 60 days of brining them home.

creminelli

bhodilee wrote:That's a great offer and should alleviate any concerns people have. You are obviously willing to stand behind your product.

The Creminelli household is doing risotto with Mortadella and terrine of prosciutto cotto. Salt Lake Magazine shared the recipes and you can find them on WWW.Facebook.com/Creminelli. Oh, and like most meals it will start with a small salami.

Esc8p2NeverLand

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Esc8p2NeverLand

Since a rep from Creminelli is here, what's the best way to store your product? Would keeping it with my wines (~60-70 degrees year round) be okay?

wootby
newt

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Esc8p2NeverLand wrote:Since a rep from Creminelli is here, what's the best way to store your product? Would keeping it with my wines (~60-70 degrees year round) be okay?

creminelli wrote:Yes. You beat me to it. The most common issues come from salamis getting too hot or frozen so keep them in the deli drawer of your fridge. Also, once open store in a zip lock bag with as little extra air as possible. They don't spoil but they can get too dry over time so don't wait too long to enjoy or share! I try to eat within 60 days of brining them home.
"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Winedavid39

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Thanks for jumping in Creminelli crew. Much appreciated on this day of rest.

i love this stuff and stand by this offer and the good folks at Creminelli.

mkentosh

quality posts: 308 Private Messages mkentosh

it's a major award,,,,,

winedrew

quality posts: 6 Private Messages winedrew
MarkDaSpark wrote:Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Safe travels to all!!

Gobble Gobble Hey!

creminelliteam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages creminelliteam
Esc8p2NeverLand wrote:Since a rep from Creminelli is here, what's the best way to store your product? Would keeping it with my wines (~60-70 degrees year round) be okay?

The best way to store the salami is keep it in plastic and in the refrigerator. It's shelf stable (the Creminelli Team takes it camping all the time and it's delicious a few days out on the trail), but keeping it chilled keeps it at its optimum eating for the longest period of time. If you have questions after the Woot is over, email us info@creminelli.com

creminelliteam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages creminelliteam
Winedavid39 wrote:Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Thanks for jumping in Creminelli crew. Much appreciated on this day of rest.

i love this stuff and stand by this offer and the good folks at Creminelli.

Thanks for the Support WineDavid!

kilbasar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kilbasar

This stuff is delicious, got it in a previous woot and loved it. However, if you just store it in your cupboard like I did, it will go hard after a few months. So take the fridge advice. Don't try peeling it cold though, you'll cry.

The price is decent, these go for $13 each at Fairway.

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman

I've got one salami left from a previous wooting, but this is missing the tartufo! That would have had us.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

PhilSandifer

quality posts: 17 Private Messages PhilSandifer

Just finished with my day and got a chance to look at this. Entertainingly, the wild boar made an appearance with dinner today - I put pieces of it in the salad along with candied pecans and apple pieces, and tossed with a cider vinaigrette dressing. Was delicious. Perhaps I should restock in the last half hour this is available...