or
3 2007 Merlot, Sonoma Valley
and
3 2008 Syrah, England Crest, Sonoma Valley
3 2008 Zinfandel, Sonoma Valley
3 2008 Zinfandel, Meeks Hilltop Ranch, Sonoma Valley
CT links above

Winery website

You will either get 3 bottles of the 2009 Merlot, or 3 bottles of the 2007 Merlot. The choice will be made by the winery.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen

This is the case you want.

webdev511

quality posts: 38 Private Messages webdev511

Would have been a great Christmas present for Dad...if I could ship to Minnesota.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 208 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

chipgreen wrote:This is the case you want.

Best price on Wellington wines ever on woot!

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday

Got nothing but positives to say on their cabs. If I weren't on a buying freeze, I'd be all over these...

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin

Solid bottles all, these are the bottles you're looking for, and for less than I paid in June.
All in the cellar already, or I'd be in for two like last time.
Peter and WD, you're rocking it this time.

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

Very tempting. But can't really afford it. Maybe a nice three way split on this.

Here's some notes from my CT account
07' merlot Sonoma valley
10/7/2012
This is a great food wine. It has some nice rounded red fruit with some plum notes. Mildly tannic and full bodied. It will not overpower red meats but will compliment them. Not as soft as a typical merlot but not as aggressive as a good young cab. Highly recommended.

08' Zinfandel Meeks hilltop ranch
9/19/2013
A really nice medium bodied zin. Fruit forward and a bit jammy but not sweet. It's 5 years old but showing really nicely at this point. Really nice wine Peter.

CT

srm8ib4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages srm8ib4

Just bought a case... might buy another but I will need to sleep on it.

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess

I just opened a bottle of the 2007 Merlot earlier this month. It was exceptional!!! My notes from CellarTracker:

"Dark berry on the noise, with some cigar notes, and some smooth leather. Nose is awesome and complex.

Mouthfeel is balanced with a great black currant flavor, with more dark berries. Again, great balance and a long finish. This reminds me of the 1996 GunBun Merlot that got me into wine. Super yum."

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
cortot20 wrote:Very tempting. But can't really afford it. Maybe a nice three way split on this.

I would take the Meeks off your hands if that would help.

CT

cortot20

rjquillin wrote:I would take the Meeks off your hands if that would help.

I think I already have a home for the 8 bottles I'm not buying.

CT

cortot20

Anyone catch what the sticker on the Syrah says? I was guessing its a disclaimer that the wine is not from table grapes from England.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman

Want it. No room for it. Spent too much $ on wine already. And here I was waiting for a Wellington case. Maybe I can convince work to get this for happy hour supply!

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

Nate650

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Nate650

From the "About Us" page on Wellington's website:

"We use a blend of organic and traditional farming practices that promote healthy vines and a healthy environment."

Is traditional the same as conventional? Meaning the use of pesticides, herbicides, etc. When I think traditional I think old, before artificial biocides were created.

Deezy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deezy2
Winedavid39 wrote:Best price on Wellington wines ever on woot!

This would cost me 157.86. Pretty good, considering. I bought a mixed case in early 2011 for 144.99 shipped. Now that was a deal! :-)

Alison Gail Bixby

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Alison Gail Bixby

Still trying to clear a path through the guest room / library / wine storage room, but I can always make room for more Wellington. That said, keeping my fingers crossed for the 2007 Merlot!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of November 24
Counting down to Thanksgiving -- and the various Black Friday Get-togethers... Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November
11/29: NoVA/DC #30: 5th Annual Leftovers Feasting
11/29: Connecticut #?: Black Friday/White Bear
TBD: October Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal

January
1/24-26: Buffalo/WNY #11: Icewine Festival

Summer
TBD: 2014 RPM History Tour Interest Thread

Pending
TBD: Atlanta #1
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

dianefreda

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dianefreda
webdev511 wrote:Would have been a great Christmas present for Dad...if I could ship to Minnesota.

Best present to myself if only could be shipped to Virginia-I'm so bummed about this shipping thing.

jtortho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtortho

Woot
What has changed. I live in Maine, and have bought the wellington wines before. This time it has said no.It has happened a few time with other vendors recently.
Maine changed the rules a few years ago , and I don't believe they changed again.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
jtortho wrote:Woot
What has changed. I live in Maine, and have bought the wellington wines before. This time it has said no.It has happened a few time with other vendors recently.
Maine changed the rules a few years ago , and I don't believe they changed again.

There is a whole thread on this subject in the World of Woot Wine page. Chipgreen posted a succinct recap on 10/21.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

This will be the 4th case of Wellington I've wooted since becoming assimilated into the Wellington collective in May. I enjoyed the '09 Merlot (along with the CS, Zin, Syrah & Duke) from my first case but have not had an opportunity to purchase the '07 Merlot. I would very much like to try it. I know it is "winery choice", but if I buy 2 cases, will I get one with the '07 and one with the '09?

joellg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joellg

Damn. Seriously. I havent been able to buy wine in MO from woot for a few months now. Any other sites/clubs like this you guys recommend? What the heck is the deal?

abmagic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abmagic

Thanks to my brother coming from a Woot (or winery) approved state for the holidays I can finally re-stock my supply, which has been dwindling more rapidly with the cold weather!

RyanANNAPOLIS

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RyanANNAPOLIS

Really on the fence with this one. I've seen lot's of positive comments regarding the Wellington wines. I'm on a bit of a self implemented buying freeze but this is tempting my resolve.

yorknh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yorknh

If anyone from Wellington drops by...
Any chance you can give those of us not on the Woot shipping list but in a state that Wellington can ship to directly a similar deal deal?

Some of the other wineries have been accommodating in this matter.

maurakid

quality posts: 7 Private Messages maurakid
yorknh wrote:If anyone from Wellington drops by...
Any chance you can give those of us not on the Woot shipping list but in a state that Wellington can ship to directly a similar deal deal?

Maybe I'm not following what you're asking--but I believe you can have it shipped to a FedEx office in a state of your choosing (assuming its on the ship to list.)

fogtower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower

I always buy these but I'm less of a Zin fan and have too many already and don't need six more. If this excluded the Zin I would buy the case.

eluofthenine

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eluofthenine

Yes yes! Me too.

tjhoulihan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjhoulihan

[quote postid="5618601" user="maurakid"] quote]

SonomaBouliste... To clarify/emphasize the ealier request:

For those of us in states not on the Woot shipping list...Any chance you can provide this deal direct from the winery?

+1 for this request...

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 238 Private Messages SonomaBouliste

Good morning w00ters. The winemaker is in the house. I'll be checking in the rest of the day and answering questions, commenting...

SonomaBouliste

cortot20 wrote:Anyone catch what the sticker on the Syrah says? I was guessing its a disclaimer that the wine is not from table grapes from England.

It was a gold medal sticker from this fall's Sonoma County Harvest Fair.

woopdedoo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo

With all the changes on the ordering system, I have a question -

How does gifting work now? Can you still send a gift and then order for yourself? I think it used to be you could order the max for yourself and max for the gift - is that still true?

SonomaBouliste

Nate650 wrote:From the "About Us" page on Wellington's website:

"We use a blend of organic and traditional farming practices that promote healthy vines and a healthy environment."

Is traditional the same as conventional? Meaning the use of pesticides, herbicides, etc. When I think traditional I think old, before artificial biocides were created.

I meant traditional as in old style. The only thing we've ever put on our vines is sulfur dust, which has been used for millenia to control powdery mildew on grapes.

SonomaBouliste

Drop us an e-mail (wv@wellingtonvineyards.com) and we'll see what we can do.

mblorenz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mblorenz

I have never ever had a bad bottle of Wellington. As a wine club member I received my own case just weeks ago, and still jumped on this! Thanks Peter!

svwindom

quality posts: 10 Private Messages svwindom

I'm a wine club member, and planning to visit the winery in early December so I was thinking I'd really clean up there...but wow, this is an amazing deal, and now I don't have to find room in my van to haul wine home with me.

...who am I kidding, I'm going to buy this PLUS more at the winery.

Wellington was the first wine I ever wooted, and it immediately convinced my skeptical husband ("You bought WINE off the INTERNET?!") and led to many, many, many, many more bottles.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1906 Private Messages NightGhost

Never had a Wellington I didn't like. Autobuy.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
NightGhost wrote:Never had a Wellington I didn't like. Autobuy.

Look at this stranger passing through.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

KCFly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KCFly

Well, I've been buying Wellington since May of 2007 here. As the wine surplus has multiplied over the year, I have slowed my purchases but Wellington is one that usually an auto-buy for me. This is the first time I've tried to buy more and told MO is no longer on the ship to list.

What's going on around here?????