WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Geyser Peak Sauvignon Blanc Case (12)

Speed to First Woot:
5h 49m 45.336s
First Sucker:
niwroc1
Last Wooter to Woot:
LouCap
Last Purchase:
10 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 25% of Wine Woots
Top 45% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 29% of Wine Woots
Top 47% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 5% first woot
  • 3% second woot
  • 16% < 10 woots
  • 18% < 25 woots
  • 57% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 5% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 8% one year old
  • 87% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 92% bought 1
  • 8% bought 2
  • 0% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
3%
8%
3%
3%
3%
8%
5%
8%
8%
13%
3%
8%
0%
3%
5%
3%
8%
3%
8%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 1615 Private Messages Cesare

Geyser Peak Sauvignon Blanc Case
$139.99 $291.00 52% off List Price
2011 Geyser Peak River Ranches Sauvignon Blanc
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

chipgreen


quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen

Correct CT link.

Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar, May/June 2013, Issue #168 scores this wine at 87.

losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Quasi Rat Tasting notes would be great on a case purchase of the same wine. I love SB and need to stock up but without any notes hard to jump in...

"The older I get the better I was"

badinger


quality posts: 0 Private Messages badinger

looks like quite a deal
$11.50 a bottle for $8 grocery store wine
Enjoy!

amikajulie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amikajulie

I usually get this on sale at the grocery store for less than 9.00 a bottle

amikajulie

UBlink


quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink

Just a note. This is block selection Russian River Valley, while the $8 grocery store is from that esteemed appellation California. 2 different animals. I enjoy the $8 grocery store, but I would expect more from this offering.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

Winedavid39


quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

UBlink wrote:Just a note. This is block selection Russian River Valley, while the $8 grocery store is from that esteemed appellation California. 2 different animals. I enjoy the $8 grocery store, but I would expect more from this offering.



Correct. this is a great deal for those wanting to stock up on a quality SB.

geyserpeakwinery


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geyserpeakwinery

Just to be clear, this is our limited release River Ranches Sauvignon Blanc. This is NOT the California SB. All the fruit for the River Ranches comes from Russian River. This is our best selling SB at the winery and is not available in groceries. I'd snap this up as it's an amazing price and is the perfect wine with holiday faire...for those of you on the west coast--crab season has just opened and this wine is an excellent pairing!

geyserpeakwinery


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geyserpeakwinery
badinger wrote:looks like quite a deal
$11.50 a bottle for $8 grocery store wine
Enjoy!



This is our River Ranches SB...all fruit from Russian River Valley. Very limited production, and not to be confused with our California SB.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

geyserpeakwinery wrote:Disregard title of offer. This is our River Ranches SB...all fruit from Russian River Valley. Very limited production, and not to be confused with our California SB. Sorry for the confusion, error on Woot's part.



I'm moderating the sites today, would you care for me to change/edit the sale or contact someone?

geyserpeakwinery


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geyserpeakwinery
ROGETRAY wrote:I'm moderating the sites today, would you care for me to change/edit the sale or contact someone?



I reached out to my contact too. Yes, offer should read 2011 Geyser Peak River Ranches Sauvignon Blanc. Thanks so much!

[MOD EDIT: Finished. Please alert us to any further issues]

losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
geyserpeakwinery wrote:Disregard title of offer. This is our River Ranches SB...all fruit from Russian River Valley. Very limited production, and not to be confused with our California SB. Sorry for the confusion, error on Woot's part.



Hi thanks for jumping on bord. Does this wine have any RS or percoeved sweetness? I bougt a bottle oft he ca appelataion and got some sugr which I dislike. I preferSbs that are bone dry, cri, nd refreshing with high acidity Thanks!

"The older I get the better I was"

rjquillin


quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
losthighwayz wrote:Hi thanks for jumping on board. Does this wine have any RS or perceived sweetness? I bought a bottle of the CA appellation and got some sugar which I dislike. I prefer SB's that are bone dry, cri, and refreshing with high acidity Thanks!

Wines can easily have up to 4 g/l and still be considered "dry", and given suitable TA, even up to 9 g/l. Given the pH and TA I would expect the only perceived sweetness here would be from fruit.

CT

kaolis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
losthighwayz wrote:Hi thanks for jumping on bord. Does this wine have any RS or percoeved sweetness? I bougt a bottle oft he ca appelataion and got some sugr which I dislike. I preferSbs that are bone dry, cri, nd refreshing with high acidity Thanks!



Yep, what rjquillin says. The stats on this is 1.9 g/l of RS, you should be good to go.

slm9951


quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

Sounds like an incredible wine offer. In Va where I live, SB is hard to find, let alone a good one.

geyserpeakwinery


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geyserpeakwinery
losthighwayz wrote:Hi thanks for jumping on bord. Does this wine have any RS or percoeved sweetness? I bougt a bottle oft he ca appelataion and got some sugr which I dislike. I preferSbs that are bone dry, cri, nd refreshing with high acidity Thanks!



As the other Wooter correctly mentioned, there is ripe, tropical fruit but no perceived sweetness. The firm acidity keeps the wine tight and racy.
A slight note of jalapeño comes through as well.

chipgreen


quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
slm9951 wrote:Sounds like an incredible wine offer. In Va where I live, SB is hard to find, let alone a good one.


It's all about the Viognier!

losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
rjquillin wrote:Wines can easily have up to 4 g/l and still be considered "dry", and given suitable TA, even up to 9 g/l. Given the pH and TA I would expect the only perceived sweetness here would be from fruit.



Thanks, Ron! I really shouldn't be buying and You are not helping! Lol

"The older I get the better I was"