2012 J. Dusi Pinot Grigio
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
1/29/13

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

Here's my very inadequate notes from CT

Color is extremely light almost clear against a darker background. the nose is all tropical fruits and is quite strong. Mouthfeel is very light but the flavor is all there. Really nice for the $11 woot price tag.

CT

jdusiwines

quality posts: 20 Private Messages jdusiwines

This 2012 Pinot Grigio comes from our family owned and farmed vineyard in Paso Robles. It is stainless and crisp yet holds many layers of fruit from its warm weather growing region. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the vino!

Dave124

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Dave124
jdusiwines wrote:This 2012 Pinot Grigio comes from our family owned and farmed vineyard in Paso Robles. It is stainless and crisp yet holds many layers of fruit from its warm weather growing region. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the vino!

Are we likely to see a J. Dusi Zin on Woot anytime in the future?

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

Okay...here's my rant.

Bought this exact same offering back on January 29, 2013 for five bucks more. Loved it. Want some more.

However...back in January, this was the state list: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming. 34 states.

Today...this is the state list: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Washington, Wyoming. 21 states.

What gives? The lists on all the wines offered keep getting shorter and shorter. I've bought tons of woot wine over the years, and suddenly, there's no longer availability in many of the states that these wineries sold to in the past. I understand the system that the wineries must follow to market to each state. But why is the list getting shorter? And when I see this quote on every offering: "Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators, wine may only be delivered to the following states:"...I wonder...who is the stick-in-the-mud? Who is doing the buzzkilling? My own state (Kansas) finally changed their laws several years ago...and I've bought (and continue to buy) wine online and have it shipped in. But suddenly we see the woot list shrinking. Can anyone shed a little light? Have I missed something?

It's frustrating. What's the point? No sale...again.

jdusiwines

Dave124 wrote:Are we likely to see a J. Dusi Zin on Woot anytime in the future?

Possibly..... ;)

jdusiwines

tonycyndy wrote:Okay...here's my rant.

Bought this exact same offering back on January 29, 2013 for five bucks more. Loved it. Want some more.

However...back in January, this was the state list: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming. 34 states.

Today...this is the state list: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Washington, Wyoming. 21 states.

What gives? The lists on all the wines offered keep getting shorter and shorter. I've bought tons of woot wine over the years, and suddenly, there's no longer availability in many of the states that these wineries sold to in the past. I understand the system that the wineries must follow to market to each state. But why is the list getting shorter? And when I see this quote on every offering: "Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators, wine may only be delivered to the following states:"...I wonder...who is the stick-in-the-mud? Who is doing the buzzkilling? My own state (Kansas) finally changed their laws several years ago...and I've bought (and continue to buy) wine online and have it shipped in. But suddenly we see the woot list shrinking. Can anyone shed a little light? Have I missed something?

We have recently opened a tasting room which has increasing direct to consumer sales to other states. We are trying out best to be compliant in each and every state, it is just taking a long time with soooo much paperwork! Apologies that your state did not make the list, hopefully in the near future! Janell

LissaKay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LissaKay
jdusiwines wrote:We have recently opened a tasting room which has increasing direct to consumer sales to other states. We are trying out best to be compliant in each and every state, it is just taking a long time with soooo much paperwork! Apologies that your state did not make the list, hopefully in the near future! Janell

The previous sale included the state of Tennessee - which is where I live, this current one does not. As far as I know, and also according to the map at Free the Grapes, http://freethegrapes.org/ Tennessee IS a direct ship state. So again, what gives?

Edit:
Just checked on the winery web site ... and I could order from there for shipping to Tennessee as well.

cortot20

It's not the wineries fault of woots is your buzzkill state. See chip greens nice recap in the path below.
http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5551637&pageindex=4&replycount=175#post5591348

Btw. How is there any of this left for this sale? I thought it was all gone the first time around. This is my wives current favorite wine. And I am happy to see it up again so we can restock.

CT

jdusiwines

Non-shipping states, if you fall in this catagory please call me at the winery or email me and maybe we can find a way to get your this Pinot Grigio Special for those states not listed today!
J Dusi wines
805-226-2034
janell@jdusiwines.com

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
cortot20 wrote:It's not the wineries fault of woots is your buzzkill state. See chip greens nice recap in the path below.
http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5551637&pageindex=4&replycount=175#post5591348

Btw. How is there any of this left for this sale? I thought it was all gone the first time around. This is my wives current favorite wine. And I am happy to see it up again so we can restock.

I know you've had both the '11 and this curent vintage. Are they basically the same? I really liked the '11

"The older I get the better I was"

LissaKay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LissaKay
cortot20 wrote:It's not the wineries fault of woots is your buzzkill state. See chip greens nice recap in the path below.

Ahh ... OK. So it has to do with the order process and third-party sales and an overly strict (a total necessity, I know) interpretation of state laws ... but really, using NY as the point of reference? Nanny York?

Well bummer ... it's not often that white wine comes up on WW and this is a significant discount from the winery direct prices.

manhandsha

quality posts: 35 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

The color is so light in the pics, it almost looks like fancy bottled water!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

cortot20

losthighwayz wrote:I know you've had both the '11 and this curent vintage. Are they basically the same? I really liked the '11

I've only ordered the 12' twice and now a third time. Never had the 2011 and I noticed there Is no 2011 entry in CT.

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta
cortot20 wrote:I've only ordered the 12' twice and now a third time. Never had the 2011 and I noticed there Is no 2011 entry in CT.

There is a 2011, but CT entry not created by Cesare and must be slightly different somehow. Same wine though. I have one bottled tucked away out of state somewhere. Bought it from Janell when tasting at the family home some time ago.

https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1350709&searchId=1305A6E6

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
cortot20 wrote:I've only ordered the 12' twice and now a third time. Never had the 2011 and I noticed there Is no 2011 entry in CT.

I ordered this off Woot a while back so it must have been the 2012 vintage. Good to know. Thanks

"The older I get the better I was"

melonbone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melonbone

Agreed...Wisconsin? Never again? What the heck?

galleria2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages galleria2k

Another Kansas resident here, who ordered in January & loved the wine. Have sent you an email Janell. Hope we can work something out.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1906 Private Messages NightGhost

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
NightGhost wrote:Be proud:

Drinking Pinot Grigio and Proud of It

Welcome back, if only for a moment.

CT

cortot20

mikegberg

quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg
NightGhost wrote:Be proud:

Drinking Pinot Grigio and Proud of It

Shoot, that post will make me come out of semi-retirement as well.

In for one just for bringing out NG!

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
jdusiwines wrote:This 2012 Pinot Grigio comes from our family owned and farmed vineyard in Paso Robles. It is stainless and crisp yet holds many layers of fruit from its warm weather growing region. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the vino!

First off, thanks for joining the conversation.

My limited knowledge of good Pinot Grigio is that it is best when it is young. Since we are creeping up on 2014 (I can't believe it!), how long will this 2012 stay "fresh"?

jdusiwines

pseudogourmet98 wrote:First off, thanks for joining the conversation.

My limited knowledge of good Pinot Grigio is that it is best when it is young. Since we are creeping up on 2014 (I can't believe it!), how long will this 2012 stay "fresh"?

This 2012 is tasting great right now and perfect to the start of any meal and no problem holding onto until the Summertime! Lots of fruit yet still very crisp!

Cheers,Janell