tomatillo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomatillo

Oh, to remember the good old Woot days before Minnesota re-instituted wine prohibition. You'd think a state capitol city (St. Paul) with as blatant a corrupt history flaunting prohibition would find a way to get us our Woot Wine, having openly hosted the likes of Al Capone, Ma Barker, and many other famous gangsters who vacationed and partied here to escape the feds in Chicago.

Since they still sell cigarettes here with a $2.60 per pack tax, why can't they figure out how to allow out of state wine?

Perhaps the right money has not greased the right politico's palms, yet. Frustrated.....

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

No Kansas. Again. It'll probably pass right through Kansas and past my door on I-70, but it can't be sold here. Nuts. No sale again. I give up.

mproulx49

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mproulx49
Winedavid39 wrote:West coast maybe. east coast unlikely.

Well, here's to hoping it makes it to Arizona before turkey day. In for one!

Cesare

quality posts: 1586 Private Messages Cesare

A late review, to help push some more people. Also because I wanted to try it over 2 days.

Tried this yesterday and again tonight. As with most woot cellar reds this could use some more time especially being a cab franc and 2009.
Nice clear dark red color. No sediment.
On the nose: bright red fruit like cherry or cranberry, light green pepper, some earthiness, a little alcohol, wood, and with more air - some kind of chemical phenolic type smell (plastic/band aid/etc).
On the palate: a little simple at first, medium body, darker red fruit, not too acidic; after some time: hint of green pepper but more earthy components like leather and mushroom, oak, light tannins, not too much alcohol. Nice medium to long finish.
Overall I found this to be a little all over the place and too oaky at first. After some air and especially the next day it was much better! Some time in the bottle to integrate and this will be solid.
Also, it was a little better with food but isn't a requirement. Decent on it's own with some air.
Final note - the price. Gone are the days of $10 a bottle woot cellars but there seems to be an improvement in quality. I think this is fairly priced at $12.50 (almost $15 with shipping and tax).

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
klezman wrote:Now why you gotta go and say that? This plus PB's review has me wanting to buy.

I am so not buying right now....

In for one

Woot cellars+CF= irresistible

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
mproulx49 wrote:Well, here's to hoping it makes it to Arizona before turkey day. In for one!

I'm hoping the same. Sent to DS, who is hosting DD, SIL and DGD for Thanksgiving.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
tiger7610 wrote:Anyone want to split the offer? I'm in Upstate NY Also does the rule of thumb apply? Wait a year to drink this?

If it didn't work out with blm00, you could split our order.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

I'm a sucker for a Woot Cellars - in for 2!

Woot Cellars Tøøthstejnn The Red (4)

Speed to First Woot:
0m 48.771s

First Sucker:
rjquillin

Last Wooter to Woot:
time2testit

Last Purchase:
a few seconds ago

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
cmaldoon wrote:I am so not buying right now....

In for one

Woot cellars+CF= irresistible

Guess we should have coordinated. We could have saved on shipping. Oh well.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
polarbear22 wrote:Creative searching. Though I do wonder how long your post will remain.

Yeah, nice work.

Merlynxlii

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Merlynxlii

Whoo for the quick shipping! Thanks!

threemoons

quality posts: 18 Private Messages threemoons

Crap, missed this one. Offer again soon, please, Woot?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Reference for the next offer:

48 hours in the fridge with about 80% headspace. It held up really, really well.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
Merlynxlii wrote:Whoo for the quick shipping! Thanks!

I second that emotion! Will it really reach NY before Thanksgiving? WD, WD!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

InFrom wrote:I second that emotion! Will it really reach NY before Thanksgiving? WD, WD!

For you eager beavers, looks like Track by Reference is work (at least for the one I checked).

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
ThunderThighs wrote:For you eager beavers, looks like Track by Reference is work (at least for the one I checked).

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

That's all well and good, but on my last shipment from woot the juice was in my cellar 48 hours before I received notice that it had been shipped.

NonnaWY

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NonnaWY

Got my tracking, nice work!

Only problem is, we're in the midst of the first major cold snap of the season and the temps are hovering around 10 degrees above, with delivery scheduled tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed for no winecicles in the box.

I will drink no wine before it's time. What time is it, anyway?

Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly.

merryberry

quality posts: 10 Private Messages merryberry

Got my wine yesterday! I think that's some kind of record. Also got my tracking number yesterday. Not too useful, but it didn't really matter to me.

My Cellar in CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

Tracking one day, arrival the next, and a pulled cork the following. Records all around for speed. Big mouthful at PnP last night with pasta, revisiting this evening but liking what was there already and glad I got a pair.

Am I imagining things, or was there discussion about two different wineries getting listed on different labels for this?

CT

debbim7

quality posts: 2 Private Messages debbim7

Delivered today, love the fast shipping! I'm looking forward to having this tonight. My bottles have labels stating it's "produced/bottled by Tommy Town Thoroughbreds & Vineyard" but the invoice says "vinted and bottled by Martellotto Wines." We'll see how well I pronounce "Tommy Town Thoroughbreds & Vineyard" after the first bottle!