kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
spammie wrote:??? I haven't figured it out - please share!

Tooth stain.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

cortot20 wrote:Thanks for the notes and now looking forward to the wine. Based on your description this seems like a nice food wine. Your thoughts?

For me, better with food but good without. Our tri-tip was pre-seasoned and it was really salty so it overpowered the wine a bit. I really don't think anything would stand up to the salt, though. This with BBQ pork ribs would kill. Or the pork and chicken from Canyon City BBQ in Asusa + this would be awesome.

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess

Haven't met a Woot Cellar Wine I didn't like. Some have been better than others, but all I would classify as good, most are great. Original Monkey Prize? Amazing.

Anyway, this with the Noceto are both over-powering my SIWBM so I'm in. My Wootlegger is getting some work!!!

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

woopdedoo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo

Recently tasted this.

Nose: Alcohol, hint of cherry, leather, ground pepper.

Taste: Rich, full bodied, fruit forward, cherry, leather, not hot alcohol

Finish: long finish - neutral tannins

Overall: not exceedingly complex but very enjoyable. Held up well with our corned beef and cabbage. Seems in its prime drinking window right now. I'm getting some.

Cheers!

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

sounds good from the notes - I'm going to have to send some to my parents in NC and pick up over the Holidays, as still no shipping to GA ---

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

pokkiredsquirrel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pokkiredsquirrel

Heck yeah!

vudean

quality posts: 4 Private Messages vudean

in for 1, but I'm wondering if/when the xmas woot cellars will be out. I still have 1 left of their original, and at least 1 of every other year.

cortot20

quality posts: 132 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:For me, better with food but good without. Our tri-tip was pre-seasoned and it was really salty so it overpowered the wine a bit. I really don't think anything would stand up to the salt, though. This with BBQ pork ribs would kill. Or the pork and chicken from Canyon City BBQ in Asusa + this would be awesome.

Thanks for giving me a local BBQ place to pair this with. I haven't been there in awhile and maybe it's time to bust out my BBQ shirt.

CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
vudean wrote:in for 1, but I'm wondering if/when the xmas woot cellars will be out. I still have 1 left of their original, and at least 1 of every other year.

Not speaking for anyone, but I'm guessing this is it. No holiday theme, but who needs a holiday theme when you have wine....

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

heidenseek87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heidenseek87

Boo for Ohio. Hopefully we are back on the list for the next woot! cellars offering

kylemittskus

cortot20 wrote:Thanks for giving me a local BBQ place to pair this with. I haven't been there in awhile and maybe it's time to bust out my BBQ shirt.

I love that place.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 198 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

i3udfrog16 wrote:WD
is this the Christmas/holiday woot cellars release. Do u guys no longer do those Christmas themed ones ? Like humbug etc.
I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks

Jim

Good morning.

There MAY be one other original woot cellars offer this year (think Gov't shutdown delays for late label approval) but it will not be Christmas themed.

I hope you enjoy Toothy II. Elegant is a great description.

thanks,

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi
kylemittskus wrote:For me, better with food but good without. Our tri-tip was pre-seasoned and it was really salty so it overpowered the wine a bit. I really don't think anything would stand up to the salt, though. This with BBQ pork ribs would kill. Or the pork and chicken from Canyon City BBQ in Asusa + this would be awesome.

Azusa

EDIT: good reviews in for 1

chipgreen

quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen
fredrinaldi wrote:Azusa

EDIT: good reviews in for 1

Go, Fred! Gettin' ur Cab Franc on!

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
Winedavid39 wrote:I hope you enjoy Toothy II. Elegant is a great description.

Now why you gotta go and say that? This plus PB's review has me wanting to buy.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
capitalsfn wrote:Anyone looking for label details: https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=13221001000254

I'm wondering if a Rose will be the next Woot cellars offering? https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=13253001000186

Creative searching. Though I do wonder how long your post will remain.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

kylemittskus

klezman wrote:Now why you gotta go and say that? This plus PB's review has me wanting to buy.

What about my review? "Elegant" was my word.

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 46 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

TL;DR
In for two!

Happy Holidays to all.

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
kylemittskus wrote:What about my review? "Elegant" was my word.

Maybe it was the "Toothy II" that pushed him over the edge! :P

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
kylemittskus wrote:What about my review? "Elegant" was my word.

Strangely, I didn't see your review until later. I think my browser mucked it up. You people all making me buy more wine

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

sdilullo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sdilullo
Winedavid39 wrote:There MAY be one other original woot cellars offer this year (think Gov't shutdown delays for late label approval) but it will not be Christmas themed.

Thanks for chiming in, WD.

In for two!

--------------

Speed to first woot: 0m 48.771s
First sucker: rjquillin
Last wooter to woot: sdilullo

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 249
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

heidenseek87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heidenseek87

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
capitalsfn wrote:....
I'm wondering if a Rose will be the next Woot cellars offering? https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=13253001000186

Hmm, ya think?

Funny that the first application you linked, the one for the Toothstejn, shows the wrong label! I wonder if they used the computer system in my office to create that one?

InFrom

OK, Woot, ya got me -- between the Cab Franc and the SpongeBob, resistance is futile. Just need to decide whether to get one or two.

councile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages councile

I was on the fence for this and the TO in the plus offer. Good reviews, so in for 1 of each.

Last wooter to woot:councile
Last purchase:a minute ago

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz
klezman wrote:Strangely, I didn't see your review until later. I think my browser mucked it up. You people all making me buy more wine

I have a bottle of 50% cab franc and 50% cab from Buttonwood for you...

"The older I get the better I was"

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz
rjquillin wrote:It's woot cellars.
It's a Cab Franc.
Is everybody asleep already?

Wish I could buy this but spent WAY too much this weekend. Anyway, i have a Buttonwood 50% cab franc/50% cab sauv from Buttonwood for you.

"The older I get the better I was"

mproulx49

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mproulx49

WD
Any chance these will arrive before Thanksgiving?

woopdedoo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo

Sorry about my rather terse comments from earlier - we lost power in the Midwest storms - still out - and I am an impatient phone typer.

I don't drink a lot of Cab Franc so I do not have a preconception of the grape. I will concur with other tasters in that the nose has a distinctive eucalyptus/menthol/alcohol note. Unfortunately, smell is one of those things we do not have a way to readily compare with others' perceptions, especially in wine since there are so many things going on, some blatant, some subtle. Sort of like picking out the viola part in an orchestra. I had the last glass today without food and it has a bit more acid than I noticed when I had it with the corned beef - which is a good thing. Still not astringent by any means.

It was good to read the other tasters as they had the same impression about it being ready to drink now. Don't really have an opinion about ageability, bit is is a 2009, so it is doing pretty well so far.

BTW - Last night with the power out, we had neighbors return from out of town and couldn't get in their house as they were planning on going in their garage. So, we had them over for the night, and, as they are wine drinkers, I enlisted them in the tasting too.

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
capitalsfn wrote:Anyone looking for label details: https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=13221001000254

This group is nothing if not resourceful!
NIS candidate resourceful.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
losthighwayz wrote:Wish I could buy this but spent WAY too much this weekend. Anyway, i have a Buttonwood 50% cab franc/50% cab sauv from Buttonwood for you.

Thanks!
I'm sure I can spare a bottle of this for you.

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 132 Private Messages cortot20

Way to ruin a surprise. Yes, I couldn't help myself.

CT

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

polarbear22 wrote:Does anyone know if this is 100% Cab Franc?

100% cab franc. confirmed.

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

mproulx49 wrote:WD
Any chance these will arrive before Thanksgiving?

West coast maybe. east coast unlikely.

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

rjquillin wrote:This group is nothing if not resourceful!
NIS candidate resourceful.

never ceases to amaze me.

Merlynxlii

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Merlynxlii
Winedavid39 wrote:100% cab franc. confirmed.

This confirmation seals the deal for me. I love the pure expression of Cab Franc! I find it a much more intriguing wine than blends simply fronted by Cab Franc. No regrets having gone in for three first thing this morning.

InFrom

Merlynxlii wrote:This confirmation seals the deal for me. I love the pure expression of Cab Franc! I find it a much more intriguing wine than blends simply fronted by Cab Franc. No regrets having gone in for three first thing this morning.

Ditto on the Cab Franc love.

BTW, as someone else posted above, TS the First was my my first Woot purchase ever -- can't believe it was 5 years ago! A completely different wine, though. Here's a snippet from the specs from that one:

2005 Sangiovese

Vineyard: Los Alamos
Composition: 75% Sangiovese 12.5% Merlot 12.5% Cabernet Sauvignon
Fermentation: Open Top
Bottled: July 2008
Alcohol: 13.9%
pH: 3.49
RS: 0.077 g/100mL

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

DON'T MISS THE VIDEO!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
ThunderThighs wrote:DON'T MISS THE VIDEO!

LOVE it!!