$49.99 $95.00 47% off List Price
2010 Noceto Sangiovese, Amador County
2009 Riserva Noceto Sangiovese, Shenandoah Valley
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

lassow

quality posts: 133 Private Messages lassow

Just grabbed a case! We love this stuff and totally under-ordered last time around. For the money, this is some well made Sangiovese at daily drinkable pricing.

I like to talk about wine, but I'd rather drink it.

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
lassow wrote:Just grabbed a case! We love this stuff and totally under-ordered last time around. For the money, this is some well made Sangiovese at daily drinkable pricing.

Totally agree! In for 2. Would get more but I'm running out of places to hide the stuff.

micahfishes

quality posts: 6 Private Messages micahfishes

+1 on the above comments.
This is what I would call a boutique everyday drinker. Bright. Complex. Changes through the evening enough to be engaging. Acidic enough to hold its own with food. I didn't buy enough last time around.

JimofNoceto

quality posts: 23 Private Messages JimofNoceto

Aloha, Wooters,
Our Kauai rep and I spent yesterday showing the 2010 Noceto Sangio from Princeville to Lihue. It showed great -- Chianti with California sun! And, of course, the 2009 Riserva on the mainland (hasn't yet said aloha) is California that hasn't forgotten its Tuscan roots. Just like we planned.
Salute! Suzy & Jim

joeman123

quality posts: 5 Private Messages joeman123
JimofNoceto wrote:Aloha, Wooters,
Our Kauai rep and I spent yesterday showing the 2010 Noceto Sangio from Princeville to Lihue. It showed great -- Chianti with California sun! And, of course, the 2009 Riserva on the mainland (hasn't yet said aloha) is California that hasn't forgotten its Tuscan roots. Just like we planned.
Salute! Suzy & Jim

Good to see you on here. I want to add to the previous comments. This is a very good QPR wine. The wine is beautifully made and ages well. The bottles I was able not to drink right away from my last order ended up even better. It is a very smooth and wonderful tasting wine.

Unfortunately, the politicians in Virginia have decided that the free market is too competitive, so they have removed my ability to have wine shipped to my home. I encourage everyone to make this an active day on woot.

It's always nice to see really good wine at a good price!

michaelstencel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages michaelstencel

Suzy & Jim, Any chance there will be a "call the winery special" for your Ohio and other states off the ship list fans today?

kylecountryman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kylecountryman
michaelstencel wrote:Suzy & Jim, Any chance there will be a "call the winery special" for your Ohio and other states off the ship list fans today?

Agreed!

This is normally an auto buy for me, but alas my state does not want me to have such tasty juices.

Flybranda

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Flybranda

Wootlegging question?

If I have a friend in D.C. who would receive this for me (ship-to), can I still do the ordering (bill-to) here in Virginia?
Or does the order have to originate in D.C.?
Thanks!
I should already know this, but, I don't

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, make the sage frolic, and the serious smile. -Homer

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
michaelstencel wrote:Suzy & Jim, Any chance there will be a "call the winery special" for your Ohio and other states off the ship list fans today?

You could ship to me and I'll deliver it at Wooster in the spring, if that suits your needs.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
Flybranda wrote:Wootlegging question?

If I have a friend in D.C. who would receive this for me (ship-to), can I still do the ordering (bill-to) here in Virginia?
Thanks!

Doesn't matter where the order originates, it's the shipping address that counts.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 36 Private Messages fredrinaldi

good juice, even if its not a Cab

flowerchild59

quality posts: 23 Private Messages flowerchild59

I love Noceto, and I am always pleasantly surprised when I find one stashed away in the wine closet.
This is an auto buy for me and my family.

On the keyboard of life always keep one finger on the escape key.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Unfortunately, and fortunately, I would be buying a case of this if it shipped to Ohio. Hands down the best QPR of any wine I have ever purchased from Woot. This is also the only absolute auto-buy I have missed while not being able to buy wine in Ohio from Woot, so not too bad. I will continue to save my money and reduce my holdings in the meantime.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
lassow wrote:Just grabbed a case! We love this stuff and totally under-ordered last time around. For the money, this is some well made Sangiovese at daily drinkable pricing.

You speak the truth. This is my go-to Sangiovese.

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

vaaccess

joeman123 wrote:Good to see you on here. I want to add to the previous comments. This is a very good QPR wine. The wine is beautifully made and ages well. The bottles I was able not to drink right away from my last order ended up even better. It is a very smooth and wonderful tasting wine.

Unfortunately, the politicians in Virginia have decided that the free market is too competitive, so they have removed my ability to have wine shipped to my home. I encourage everyone to make this an active day on woot.

It's always nice to see really good wine at a good price!

Yeah...That's why I have a Wootlegger!

vaaccess

Flybranda wrote:Wootlegging question?

Thanks!

Make sure you tell your CCard company that it's an authorized address.

vaaccess

Salute! Suzy & Jim

Hi Suzy and Jim, glad to have you back on Wine.Woot!

Can you talk to us about your expected drinking windows for these???

Thanks for making awesome wine!

andrewma

quality posts: 4 Private Messages andrewma

bought this years ago and loved it. went awesome with my salami, red sauced pasta dishes. I recently moved and sold my collection of 400+ bottles. I'm in the process of rebuilding my collection. I wouldn't age this much past 4 years, but the first 1-3 years were fantastic. For the price, this is a steal.

elessu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elessu

A newbie with this wine but excited to have it after seeing all the positive raves and comments, so looking forward to it!!

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
Salute! Suzy & Jim

Hi! We visit Kauai regularly, and i would love to know where we can get your juice on the island. Do you have any locations yet?

michilli40

quality posts: 2 Private Messages michilli40

MICHIGAN is back!! I stopped reviewing the site because of the shipping issue and happen to trip across it today and found my state is back in the list..YEAH...AND I love this wine!! have just 1 bottle left so got 3! now i need to go buy a lottery ticket today

kylecountryman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kylecountryman

For those of you who can buy, here is their website:

www.noceto.com

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

This is going to be sooooo hard to pass up. I only have one bottle of each. I'll see what happens today. Hoping to win lottery, find a purse full of money, or wait until this sells out to make my decision for me.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

woopdedoo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo

That was a close one, WD. Michigan made the list just in time. I was getting low in my Noceto - time to stock up.

sdilullo

quality posts: 37 Private Messages sdilullo

Uggggh, why can't we have nice things, Ohio?

Love Noceto. Love their people, their wine, their deals.

Visited the tasting room on our weekend trip to CA back in August and was impressed per usual. Great selection, amazing Sangiovese, delicious old vine Zin. Num num num. Buy if you can!

North316 wrote:Unfortunately, and fortunately, I would be buying a case of this if it shipped to Ohio. Hands down the best QPR of any wine I have ever purchased from Woot. This is also the only absolute auto-buy I have missed while not being able to buy wine in Ohio from Woot, so not too bad. I will continue to save my money and reduce my holdings in the meantime.

We're down to <40 bottles. My wine rack is half-empty.

This upsets me more than I would've ever expected.

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 255
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

kylemittskus

For those of you with shipping questions about why you were able to buy this but now can't:

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5551637&pageindex=1&replycount=166

sdilullo

quality posts: 37 Private Messages sdilullo

In case it's not already clear, this deal is amazing in terms of QPR.

For us Midwesterners, we're talking roughly a 30% savings off Noceto's wine club pricing for an annual case of Sangiovese. Total steal.

(It's worth noting that they do have some great sales/deals for club members above and beyond the usual pricing!)

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 255
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

troman1056

quality posts: 2 Private Messages troman1056

Didn't want to risk a sellout so shipped to my mom's house in Ill. Love this stuff too much to miss it.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all, Wine.Woot is currently not able to offer wine deals in certain states, but will be opening up additional states as laws and regulations regarding selling wine online continue to evolve.

You're welcome to also check out this thread to discuss and talk about current Wine Shipping Laws

[MOD: I'm gonna trim out a few of the state questions to make the thread easier to read.]

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MiCat05

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MiCat05

Noceto on Wine Woot and Twisted Oak on the Woot Extra...gonna be an expensive day

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines

This is great wine at a great price. An automatic purchase. I tried to order but woot said it was already sold out. I'll try again.

jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz

Always pleased to see Noceto. Their wines range from good to outstanding (I have yet to have a disappointing bottle from them, and I have been through several cases of their wines), and you will be very hard pressed to find a better QPR than the ~$13/bottle as in this offering, regardless of producer or varietal. Definitely a good buy.

JimofNoceto

vaaccess wrote:Hi Suzy and Jim, glad to have you back on Wine.Woot!

Can you talk to us about your expected drinking windows for these???

Thanks for making awesome wine!

When to drink a wine is always a question. I like to tell the story of our first vintage, 1990, of 110 cases. Darrell Corti, Italian wine expert, and early consultant to us, and large purchaser for his Sacto grocery, told me to try a bottle of our first vintage 1990. This was in early 2007. Well, at my father-in-law's 97th birthday part that March we had a magnum at a fancy Walnut Creek restaurant. Lots of good wine was served; the magnum was almost finished.
So, a safe timeframe for enjoying the Noceto sangiovese is when it's 3-6 years old, but well balanced, not the biggest, can be wonderful well past a decade. Bit risky, though! I've been working through a case of 2006 lately, it's great.
The Riserva is another matter. The 2009 is doing very well. Our Kauai rep and I served the excellent 2008 on Wednesday. I'm not sure either will go for a decade or more; we just don't have enough data points.
How much storage space do you have? What's your risk tolerance? Do you like showing up with older wines -- they can be an acquired taste? I do think our wines age better because their acids are higher and alcohol lower.
Jim

JimofNoceto

noslensj wrote:Hi! We visit Kauai regularly, and i would love to know where we can get your juice on the island. Do you have any locations yet?

Beachhouse, Keoki's Paradise and Living Foods in Poipu and Duke's in Lihue are longtime customers. The Wine Closet in the Princeville Shopping center carries the wines. Kauai Pasta has carried them. This is a very competitive and desirable market, so it changes somewhat throughout the seasons.
When you're close to going, ask again and we'll try to get an update.
Jim

kylemittskus

JimofNoceto wrote:When to drink a wine is always a question. I like to tell the story of our first vintage, 1990, of 110 cases. Darrell Corti, Italian wine expert, and early consultant to us, and large purchaser for his Sacto grocery, told me to try a bottle of our first vintage 1990. This was in early 2007. Well, at my father-in-law's 97th birthday part that March we had a magnum at a fancy Walnut Creek restaurant. Lots of good wine was served; the magnum was almost finished.
So, a safe timeframe for enjoying the Noceto sangiovese is when it's 3-6 years old, but well balanced, not the biggest, can be wonderful well past a decade. Bit risky, though! I've been working through a case of 2006 lately, it's great.
The Riserva is another matter. The 2009 is doing very well. Our Kauai rep and I served the excellent 2008 on Wednesday. I'm not sure either will go for a decade or more; we just don't have enough data points.
How much storage space do you have? What's your risk tolerance? Do you like showing up with older wines -- they can be an acquired taste? I do think our wines age better because their acids are higher and alcohol lower.
Jim

This is a phenomenal answer.

swpruitt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swpruitt

Ugh as well!!!!
I used to wait on this to appear, but now live in a state off the ship list

Love the Riserva.

dlschier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlschier
kylemittskus wrote:For those of you with shipping questions about why you were able to buy this but now can't:

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5551637&pageindex=1&replycount=166

For those wondering about shipping restrictions, the mentioned thread is painfully long. For a nice succinct synopsis check chipgreen's summary on page 4 Oct. 21st.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
ScottHarveyWines wrote:This is great wine at a great price. An automatic purchase. I tried to order but woot said it was already sold out. I'll try again.

It's always nice to see a fellow wine maker endorse another's wine. There seems to be more available now, although I do wonder if it won't sell out (again).