WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: In your circle of friends, are you more likely to give a wine recommendation, or receive one?
  • 29.7% - Give 423
  • 42.5% - Receive 604
  • 27.8% - About equal 395
1422 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

moles1138

quality posts: 24 Private Messages moles1138

I'm not a wine drinker, but the wife is. She'll more likely get a recommendation that give one.

elsupreme

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elsupreme

I recommend 'Andre Extra Dry' all the time. But it really doesn't stand up well on its own, you need to put a splash of OJ in there.

salanth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages salanth

Why are the wine polls less frequently changed than the other Woot! polls?

I'm about equal because I go to a lot of wine events and know some restaurant people, but a lot of my other friends really don't know much about wine at all. I pass on the knowledge.

alexasnows

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexasnows

I agree with above, I used to work in the industry so I have a good knowledge of wine, and am often frustrated that this is only a weekly poll, and sometimes just down right silly.
And why are there so many posts sometimes from people who don't even like wine? They keep talking about bourbon etc or beer, they need their own section.