cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

A friend wants to split the club. Price wise it seems like a deal but I have no idea about the quality of the wines. Any thoughts?

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Pass.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

I did it, it sucked.

I did the Zagat club, it also sucked (I believe they are actually one and the same).

Zagat called me a few months ago with a new offer, 15 bottles for $90 delivered to rejoin. I got them for office drinkers, and even my friends at the office, who by and large are not that wine savvy, agreed that so far (over half way through the 15 bottles) they've pretty much all sucked. Seems to be mostly a way to dump bulk wine. You'd do better to go for random bottles under $10/bottle at TJ's IMHO.

cortot20

Thanks for the opinions guys. Very helpful.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
cortot20 wrote:A friend wants to split the club. Price wise it seems like a deal but I have no idea about the quality of the wines. Any thoughts?

Run, don't walk, the other way.

CT

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

i am amazed by it's purported size. marketing blinds..

cortot20

Winedavid39 wrote:i am amazed by it's purported size. marketing blinds..

I looked at the wines in the initial case that they are advertising and everything was in the $10-16 range online and were for the most part widely available in wine shops. While you may save money on them the better question is do you actually want them.

CT