Cesare

quality posts: 1598 Private Messages Cesare

Soiree Tilt Twin Beverage Chilling Spheres with Garnishing Sticks – 2 Pack
$23.99 $34.99 31% off List Price

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

greydevil

quality posts: 3 Private Messages greydevil

Great for knocking your teeth out. And chillin.

gregmobile

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gregmobile

Isn't the problem that it will absorb the odors of whatever else is in your freezer, the same as ice?

bronwynl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bronwynl
gregmobile wrote:Isn't the problem that it will absorb the odors of whatever else is in your freezer, the same as ice?

Check the link for the Ice vs Whiskey stone vs. Tilt Sphere comparison... the Stainless steel sphere did very well at chilling the drink, and had much less smell than the whiskey stones (which did very poorly).

Wish I'd seen that before I shelled out for some stones from a previous WOOT!!

rakeris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rakeris

jon5cts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jon5cts

Seriously was disappointed with these and would not recommend. Sorry.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bronwynl wrote:Check the link for the Ice vs Whiskey stone vs. Tilt Sphere comparison... the Stainless steel sphere did very well at chilling the drink, and had much less smell than the whiskey stones (which did very poorly).

Wish I'd seen that before I shelled out for some stones from a previous WOOT!!

Which is why you store the stones in a Ziploc freezer bag in the freezer!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Happy Halloween everyone!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jon5cts wrote:Seriously was disappointed with these and would not recommend. Sorry.

More information would be helpful. Could you add why?

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MDTimmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MDTimmer

Do not taunt happy fun ball.

http://youtu.be/7gzDC-2ZO8I

bradygt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bradygt

I got six (three two packs) on a previous woot and I like them. They definitely cool more than stones.
They're actually really good at keeping stuff other than drinks cold, like dips that should stay cold.

wrek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wrek

Have something similar and the problem with this is convection.
The stones/steels are on the bottom, where they make the liquid cool. The cool liquid is denser and stays near the bottom... thus the top of your drink is ever-warm.

Molecules... how do they work?!

You're so vain... you probably think this post is about you.. don't you? Don't you? You're so vain!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

The Wine Soiree Tilt designer answered quite a few questions in the previous sale.

Click here to read.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bbkf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bbkf
MarkDaSpark wrote:Which is why you store the stones in a Ziploc freezer bag in the freezer!

Or clean the freezer if it's really that nasty.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

Seriously, this is a great item. We use them to continue chilling our friends drinks. They look good in any type of glass. We have a dozen, so no need for more. This is a good deal, we paid $25 per when buying the dozen at a restaurant supplier.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
bradygt wrote:I got six (three two packs) on a previous woot and I like them. They definitely cool more than stones.
They're actually really good at keeping stuff other than drinks cold, like dips that should stay cold.

We have 12 we paid more for and do the same things. We love them!

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

MarkDaSpark

wrek wrote:Have something similar and the problem with this is convection.
The stones/steels are on the bottom, where they make the liquid cool. The cool liquid is denser and stays near the bottom... thus the top of your drink is ever-warm.

Molecules... how do they work?!

When I looked up the study, the steel took the longest to cool the drink down, but did get close to the temp of Ice.

Ice cooled the fastest, but does water down drinks. It also stayed the coolest.

The stones cooled the drink down quickly, but it eventually warmed up. And as noted, they stay at the bottom, so you do still need to swirl.

MarkDaSpark

bbkf wrote:Or clean the freezer if it's really that nasty.

Exactly!!! I would imagine their ice cubes would have the same problem!!

tphili17

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tphili17

If I want my whiskey cold, I keep the bottle in the freezer. If I want it the right temperature, I take room-temp whiskey and add 3 cold stones. They don't make it cold; they make it cool. The stones (and I presume these spheres) look good while dropping the temperature just enough. If you are looking for a way to get a drink cold without diluting it, there are plenty of other, cheaper, options. Bed,Bath and Beyond has plenty in their drinks section.

phee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phee

I backed a kickstarter a few months ago:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/745763505/spirit-steels-the-ultimate-beverage-cooling-device

My question is, how different are the two (and others) besides the shape? Are the liquids inside different?

phazed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phazed
wrek wrote:Have something similar and the problem with this is convection.

Isn't that why straws go to the bottom of the glass?

bill750

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bill750
phazed wrote:Isn't that why straws go to the bottom of the glass?

If the ice is floating on the top?

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
phazed wrote:Isn't that why straws go to the bottom of the glass?

No, straws go to the bottom of the glass so you can drink all the liquid. If they only went to the top you wouldn't get much.

asiancoolio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asiancoolio
phee wrote:I backed a kickstarter a few months ago:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/745763505/spirit-steels-the-ultimate-beverage-cooling-device

My question is, how different are the two (and others) besides the shape? Are the liquids inside different?

I can just imagine the number of accidents that await those who buy the spherical "spirit steel". There is absolutely NOTHING stopping that metallic ball from smashing into your nose when you drink that last bit of beer.

Horrible idea.