polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Bahwn and Ddeuddeg will be down visiting for Thanksgiving.

Theme: TBD - Do we really need one?

Venue: Polar Bear's 7:00pm

Attending:
Polarbear22
Polarbear 22 +1
Bahwm
Ddeuddeg
Darlenee1
Darlenee1 +1

Maybe:
Mother

Regrets:
None Yet

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

ddeuddeg and bahwm are planning on attending.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

Put me down as tentative- a few too many moving pieces just yet to know for sure.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

We won't be able to attend, but just pointing out that I posted a nudge for a post-Xmas CT tasting in last week's pub. Not sure if you saw it:
http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5590632&pageindex=4&replycount=195#post5594764

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

I hope that mother will be able to come out and play and a few others. It's been waaaaaayyyy toooo looooonnnnnggggg!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1

Steve and I are in.

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

dsapp

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dsapp

I am so sad to have to miss this gathering. Unfortunately, I'll still have relatives in town leftover from Thanksgiving. It's been way too long! I miss you guys!

rpm

quality posts: 172 Private Messages rpm

very sad regrets from rpm and SWMBO - we'll be in Florida for the Thanksgiving week and weekends.

we would very much have liked to have come.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

rpm

quality posts: 172 Private Messages rpm
HitAnyKey42 wrote:We won't be able to attend, but just pointing out that I posted a nudge for a post-Xmas CT tasting in last week's pub. Not sure if you saw it:
http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5590632&pageindex=4&replycount=195#post5594764

Wow. another one we'll miss due to our 12/26 morning departure for Florida.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

ddeuddeg

Bump. Coming up soon. Accuweather predicting bright sunshine, perfect for travel.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

ddeuddeg

Weather forecast for Friday still looks good. Travel weather for Wednesday, not so much, in our area at least. Leaving Tuesday evening to get away before the snow piles up. Been looking forward to this visit far too long to give up without a fight.

darlenee1

ddeuddeg wrote:Weather forecast for Friday still looks good. Travel weather for Wednesday, not so much, in our area at least. Leaving Tuesday evening to get away before the snow piles up. Been looking forward to this visit far too long to give up without a fight.

Hope you make it through the torrential rain safely! Looking forward to seeing you guys Friday!

ddeuddeg

darlenee1 wrote:Hope you make it through the torrential rain safely! Looking forward to seeing you guys Friday!

We'll manage. Turns out they canceled the winter storm warning well ahead of schedule, and we'd probably have been fine staying home, but this way we're partway there, and we had a comparatively relaxing night's sleep. It's all good.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

I'll be stopping by, but probably only for an hour or so- I need to get to Poughkeeepsie and get a bird in brine at some point on Friday!

bahwm

The gang's all here!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Line up from Wine Tasting - CT Style.

Went into an unusual direction.

Iron Horse Fairy Tale Cuvee
2005 Iron Horse Cabernet Franc
2000 Chateau D'Armailhac
Pappy Van Winkle 23 yo
Pappy Van Winkle 20 yo
Blanton's
Jefferson Presidential Select 21 yo
Old Weller
Whistle Pig Rye
Four Roses Single Barrel Limited Edition 2013
Four Roses Single Barrel
Dogfish Head Chateau Jiahu
Hudson Manhattan Rye

Can you tell that the bourbons took over?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bahwm

polarbear22 wrote:Line up from Wine Tasting - CT Style.

Went into an unusual direction.

Iron Horse Fairy Tale Cuvee
2005 Iron Horse Cabernet Franc
2000 Chateau D'Armailhac
Pappy Van Winkle 23 yo
Pappy Van Winkle 20 yo
Blanton's
Jefferson Presidential Select 21 yo
Old Weller
Whistle Pig Rye
Four Roses Single Barrel Limited Edition 2013
Four Roses Single Barrel
Dogfish Head Chateau Jiahu
Hudson Manhattan Rye

Can you tell that the bourbons took over?

This definitely was a VERY different tasting! I was glad to be a part of it. It was definitely worth the drive to spend time with some good friends and taste some good stuff!

We are home safe and sound. Pulled in at 9:45--decided that we needed to stop at the Lee Outlet Mall and then, got dinner near Geneva, NY. Clear sailing weather wise.

darlenee1

We had a lovely time with everyone! mother, glad you stopped by. Super glad the Buffalo folken made the trip, safe and sound. Looking forward to seeing everyone in the near(er) future.