Bodega Iaccarini Argentinian Cabernet Sauvignon 5-Pack
$73.99 $135.00 45% off List Price
2011 Bodega Iaccarini Cabernet Sauvignon, Mendoza
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen

2011 Bodega Iaccarini Cabernet Sauvignon

There is a sharp bend in the road in front of my house. Sometimes I worry that somebody will miss the curve and end up in my living room, but mostly I'm thankful that these bottles of wine keep rolling off the FedEx truck as it goes around the corner.

PnP of this Argentinian Cab Sauv shows deep magenta in the glass with thin, medium-spaced, quick-running legs. Mild, pleasant nose of cherry, vanilla and light oak.

Not much fruit on the palate but there are some cherry and plum flavors. Mostly it's leather, oak and loamy earth with nutmeg, mocha and velvety tannins on the smooth, medium finish.

This drinks a lot more like a Chilean Cab than a Cali Cab but is unique in its own right. The oak is a little more dominant than I would expect from only 6 months in seasoned barrels, so it might benefit from an extra year or two in the bottle to become better integrated. Still, it's plenty drinkable right now and those velvety tannins are lovely.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Next Sunday (Nov. 3rd), remember ....

Spring Forward, Fall Back!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

akadanak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akadanak

Who did Missouri p*** off. I haven't bought any wines in awhile and now that I'm ready not a single offer has included Missouri this week.

gille5000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gille5000
akadanak wrote:Who did Missouri p*** off. I haven't bought any wines in awhile and now that I'm ready not a single offer has included Missouri this week.

Same here in NJ. Not even a wine I've bought from Woot in the past. What's the problem?

chipgreen

gille5000 wrote:Same here in NJ. Not even a wine I've bought from Woot in the past. What's the problem?

Before the reinterpretation of NY laws, which led to NY being removed from the ship-to list, wine.woot shipped to as many as 35 states depending on winery licenses and other regulations. Those states were;

Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois,
Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

Approximately two weeks after NY was removed from the ship-to list, an additional 18 states were removed. Speculation was that they have language similar to that of NY laws.

At that point wine.woot was only shipping to 16 states;

California, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Maryland, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Washington, Wyoming.

So far, 4 states have been added back to the list. They are;

Iowa, New York, Arizona, Louisiana (and a false alarm about Michigan).

That leaves the following 15 states still up in the air;

Georgia, Kansas, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico,
North Dakota, Ohio, Tennessee, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin

See discussion thread HERE for more info (and by "info", I mean mostly "speculation").

dlschier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlschier
akadanak wrote:Who did Missouri p*** off. I haven't bought any wines in awhile and now that I'm ready not a single offer has included Missouri this week.

For those who have been away for a while, wine woot dropped about 20 states from their shipping list Sept. 9th. No one knows the specific reason but since then a couple have been added back. There is a thread discussing this in world of woot wine tab.

sphervey

quality posts: 39 Private Messages sphervey

This wine rolled off the truck Thursday afternoon and may still have a bit of bottle shock. Opened at 11:00 am so I could share initial impression.

Poured a dark garnet color. Has a nice, mild nose with a bit of oak, vanilla and spice. I wonder about my particular bottle because there is just a hint of activity when tasting - not like "not bad fizzy cab" but just a hint. I will decant for the rest of the day and serve with some steaks tonight. Except for the activity, it is very smooth with a short finish. I think it would benefit from a year or two more of aging as it tastes very young right now. Think it would be a good everyday cab. It is well integrated. Fred would like it because it's not Copa. More later after it's rested in the decanter.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
sphervey wrote:This wine rolled off the truck Thursday afternoon and may still have a bit of bottle shock. Opened at 11:00 am so I could share initial impression.

Poured a dark garnet color. Has a nice, mild nose with a bit of oak, vanilla and spice. I wonder about my particular bottle because there is just a hint of activity when tasting - not like "not bad fizzy cab" but just a hint. I will decant for the rest of the day and serve with some steaks tonight. Except for the activity, it is very smooth with a short finish. I think it would benefit from a year or two more of aging as it tastes very young right now. Think it would be a good everyday cab. It is well integrated. Fred would like it because it's not Copa. More later after it's rested in the decanter.

vanilla?, vanilla? thats my Kryptonite........pass

gille5000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gille5000

Thanks for the info on the shipping (or lack thereof). It's particularly irksome here, because NJ had only been on the ship to list for a short while, and now we're off again. Wonderful.

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday
fredrinaldi wrote:vanilla?, vanilla? thats my Kryptonite........pass

Mine too. If I want vanilla I'll eat custard.

sphervey

quality posts: 39 Private Messages sphervey

Update. After decanting all signs of activity are gone. Spouse says it's a good young cabernet that could benefit from aging. Decanting is recommended. The wine went beautifully with our steaks. Again, recommended as a daily drinker with decanting. Fred, the vanilla was almost gone after decanting. Maybe you would wootleg and share a bottle to see if you might enjoy it later.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
sphervey wrote:Update. After decanting all signs of activity are gone. Spouse says it's a good young cabernet that could benefit from aging. Decanting is recommended. The wine went beautifully with our steaks. Again, recommended as a daily drinker with decanting. Fred, the vanilla was almost gone after decanting. Maybe you would wootleg and share a bottle to see if you might enjoy it later.

anyone in the L.A. buy and want to sell 1?

chipgreen

sphervey wrote:Update. After decanting all signs of activity are gone. Spouse says it's a good young cabernet that could benefit from aging. Decanting is recommended. The wine went beautifully with our steaks. Again, recommended as a daily drinker with decanting. Fred, the vanilla was almost gone after decanting. Maybe you would wootleg and share a bottle to see if you might enjoy it later.

Agreed. This wine got better with air and even better on the second day with additional air. Really a solid wine at the woot price point.