(3) Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil - The Chef's Choice™ 1 Liter Can
(1) Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil - Syrah 100ml
(1) Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil - Merlot 100ml
(1) Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil - Chardonnay 100ml

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

nanetteatsalutesante

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanetteatsalutesante
Cesare wrote:Salute Santé! Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil Mixed 6-Pack
$49.99 $81.00 38% off List Price
(3) Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil - The Chef's Choice™ 1 Liter Can
(1) Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil - Syrah 100ml
(1) Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil - Merlot 100ml

(1) Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil - Chardonnay 100ml

Website

We just started pressing the Chardonnay seeds from this 2013 Harvest - its amazing! So buttery and fruity - aromas of wine crush fill our press room! Check out our facebook page for some pictures of our pressing at Castello di Amorosa last week!

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

How long does the oil last? Does it ever go bad?

valentinatsalutesante

quality posts: 2 Private Messages valentinatsalutesante
tiger7610 wrote:How long does the oil last? Does it ever go bad?

Good Question...24 month guaranteed freshness in our special steel can...it actually protects the oil 100% from light and oxygen - as well as the special UV filtered glass of the bottle we designed for Salute Santé!

nanetteatsalutesante

Check out wine blogger Roger Beery's post on BacchusandBeery.com and read how he put us to the test on the health claims of grapeseed oil..he had great results and you can too!
http://wine-blog.bacchusandbeery.com/?s=grapeseedoil&searchsubmit=

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
rjquillin wrote:...and there are those of us waiting for more grapeseed oil...

Score!

techgirlpgh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages techgirlpgh

How many cans do you actually get? The title says 6 pack and the description says 3 pack.

blaculadave

quality posts: 18 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

techgirlpgh wrote:How many cans do you actually get? The title says 6 pack and the description says 3 pack.

3 1-Liter Cans, and 3 bottles. 6 items total.

valentinatsalutesante

techgirlpgh wrote:How many cans do you actually get? The title says 6 pack and the description says 3 pack.

3 cans and 3 bottles of cold pressed varietals

simondet1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages simondet1

I have purchased this in the past and can recommend it. I gave the bottles as favors at Christmas dinner. I think 1 liter cans of the stuff would be a bit gauche though. But it is tasty, and actually went really well with bread, like olive oil.

nanetteatsalutesante

simondet1 wrote:I have purchased this in the past and can recommend it. I gave the bottles as favors at Christmas dinner. I think 1 liter cans of the stuff would be a bit gauche though. But it is tasty, and actually went really well with bread, like olive oil.

Actually, our award winning 1L can is one of our most frequent gift items- people love to share a new discovery! Make sure to save one for yourself and gift the rest, or better yet, start someones pantry off with a whole set of their own!

greydevil

quality posts: 3 Private Messages greydevil

I bought these the first time woot offered them last year (i think). At the time i tried the standard grapeseed oil and it also came with a bottle of garlic flavored grapeseed oil. Both are really delicious.

I cook vegetarian and these are perfect to fry up some veggies in or to drizzle on top to dress up a meal. Has a lovely citrus-y taste to it. Also the oil holds up really well, i'm still using up the garlic flavored kind and i'm almost out so this offer is actually perfect :D

And yes they do hold up really well over time if you open them and don't use them right away. No complaints here <3

NBKDC68

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NBKDC68

I've been using a greek olive oil for years, and am almost out. Would you say these products are a good replacement for an olive oil?

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines

I like this product. Nice to see something come of all those seeds I generate in the winery. I'm in.

nanetteatsalutesante

NBKDC68 wrote:I've been using a greek olive oil for years, and am almost out. Would you say these products are a good replacement for an olive oil?

DEFINATELY!The cold pressed has a full flavor, similar to olive oil, but different, since it is not from olives!!! either the Syrah, or merlot will give you a fuller taste profile for dipping, and the Chardonnay has a full taste , but less than the reds, not unlike wines differ!

The cans are totally light tasting - best for cooking, although they make the best salad dressings - they blend flavors the best! Check out our recipes on grapeseedoil.com

nanetteatsalutesante

ScottHarveyWines wrote:I like this product. Nice to see something come of all those seeds I generate in the winery. I'm in.

You said it!!!! We are picking up more pomace today to separate out all those Merlot seeds!!!!

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

nanetteatsalutesante wrote:Check out wine blogger Roger Beery's post on BacchusandBeery.com and read how he put us to the test on the health claims of grapeseed oil..he had great results and you can too!
http://wine-blog.bacchusandbeery.com/?s=grapeseedoil&searchsubmit=

Welcome Nanette,

Very glad to have you back. Salute Sante' is a real pioneer in quality grape seed oil production.

nanetteatsalutesante

Winedavid39 wrote:Welcome Nanette,

Very glad to have you back. Salute Sante' is a real pioneer in quality grape seed oil production.

Thank you! Great to be here! We love sharing our grapeseed oils with wine wooters!

valentinatsalutesante

Today is National Food Day!

This is the healthiest food and makes everything taste more delicious when you cook with it!
Let’s all stock up & salute one more time to
"Salute Santé! grapeseed oil"

Looking for delicious recipes?
www.grapeseedoil.com

valentinatsalutesante

nanetteatsalutesante wrote:DEFINATELY!The cold pressed has a full flavor, similar to olive oil, but different, since it is not from olives!!! either the Syrah, or merlot will give you a fuller taste profile for dipping, and the Chardonnay has a full taste , but less than the reds, not unlike wines differ!

The cans are totally light tasting - best for cooking, although they make the best salad dressings - they blend flavors the best! Check out our recipes on grapeseedoil.com

FYI grapeseed oil is about 1/2 the saturated fat compare to Olive Oil & it has almost 10X the essential fatty acids
This is a real good for you food!

nanetteatsalutesante

Its snowing on the East coast and COLD here in Napa so how about some soup? Here are 3 of my favorite recipes - just substitue the cold pressed oils as a drizzle!

http://grapeseedoil.com/Recipes/Main/wsquash.html

http://grapeseedoil.com/Recipes/Main/zucchsoup.html

http://grapeseedoil.com/Recipes/Main/cornbsq.html

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
chardonay wrote:ok this has my interest tweeked, and I have to try it. I hope it's better than the grapeseed oil, I was curious about and ended up giving away

The above is just so sad.

rjquillin wrote:...and there are those of us waiting for more grapeseed oil...
chipgreen wrote:Score!

And I was looking at
Nutritional Information:
Serving size: 1 Tbsp
Servings per container: 66

Thinking there had to be a LOT more than 66 Tbs in a Liter. a liter is huge, and a tablespoon is so, small. Well, there are more, 67.627884329266643 to be closer, not counting what may remain on the interior wall of the container. So perhaps only 67, or 66 on a cold day.
I really thought there were more...
Yup! Score!
In on this one.
Welcome back!

CT

nanetteatsalutesante

rjquillin wrote:And I was looking at
Nutritional Information:
Serving size: 1 Tbsp
Servings per container: 66

Thinking there had to be a LOT more than 66 Tbs in a Liter. a liter is huge, and a tablespoon is so, small. Well, there are more, 67.627884329266643 to be closer, not counting what may remain on the interior wall of the container. So perhaps only 67, or 66 on a cold day.
I really thought there were more...
Yup! Score!
In on this one.
Welcome back!

So funny! It all depends on what calculation from Tbsp to metric you use. We tried to be safe and make sure no one wouldn't get at least their 66 Tbsp, and for those who are lucky enough to get 67 or more - more goodness for you!

peterbj

quality posts: 2 Private Messages peterbj

Product is listed as Kosher. Who is the cert. Kosher agency? i.e. which symbol does it bear?

JimSullivan30

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JimSullivan30

I use grapeseed oil for just about everything. I've seen the process used to make Salute Sante and tasted the oil and press cake right out of the press-- it's fantastic. I cook with it and drizzle it over salads. Try cooking your eggs with the garlic flavored GSO!

labelguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages labelguy

Ah, Salute Sante! Use as base in cooking with high heat in my Lodge cast iron skillet.
A healthy alternative to conventional cooking oils! Use alone or add your favorite toppings and seasonings when used as a salad dressing. Viola and Bon Appetit!
Also, for all the bread "dippers", this is a great product!

nanetteatsalutesante

peterbj wrote:Product is listed as Kosher. Who is the cert. Kosher agency? i.e. which symbol does it bear?

Our 1L can is certified in Italy by Rabbi Abraham Hochwald, Regional Rabbi for the Northern Rhine.its a little differengt in Europe - they don't have the same names and symbols as we do here - but the certificate can be found on our website at http://grapeseedoil.com/doclib/default/Kosher_2014.pdf

The varietals are our first production here in the states and we have not completed our certification here yet! Hopefully soon!

nanetteatsalutesante

labelguy wrote:Ah, Salute Sante! Use as base in cooking with high heat in my Lodge cast iron skillet.
A healthy alternative to conventional cooking oils! Use alone or add your favorite toppings and seasonings when used as a salad dressing. Viola and Bon Appetit!
Also, for all the bread "dippers", this is a great product!

Thanks Labelguy! Couldn't have said it better myself!

tgilk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tgilk

This is good stuff, we use the unflavored oil in place of olive oil all the time. Try dipping a baguette into the flavored oils, delish, especially the Syrah. Well worth the $50...

nanetteatsalutesante

Here's a nice video that broadcast on California Country TV a few years back -
shows what we do out here!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huJ9Bs1T3ak

fire5542

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fire5542

been waiting, but what a gip, no hawaii ship =(

peterbj

quality posts: 2 Private Messages peterbj
nanetteatsalutesante wrote:Our 1L can is certified in Italy by Rabbi Abraham Hochwald, Regional Rabbi for the Northern Rhine.its a little differengt in Europe - they don't have the same names and symbols as we do here - but the certificate can be found on our website at http://grapeseedoil.com/doclib/default/Kosher_2014.pdf

The varietals are our first production here in the states and we have not completed our certification here yet! Hopefully soon!

Rabbi A Hochwald died in 2007. The certification is by his son. Was the certificate originally issued for your first production in Germany and subsequently renewed?

If I get it right, you are in the middle of the process here in the USA. Can you tell me who will be certifying agency (if it works out)?

valentinatsalutesante

nanetteatsalutesante wrote:Here's a nice video that broadcast on California Country TV a few years back -
shows what we do out here!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huJ9Bs1T3ak

You’ve got watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huJ9Bs1T3ak
It brings back some great memories…and yes we have grown…our GREEN family business just pressed the 14th varietal grapeseed oil. Starting 2013 the New York Times blessed us directly from Florence Fabricants listing over 10 Salute Santé! varietals…Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc, Viognier, Riesling, French Colombard, Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot, Syrah, Zinfandel & Sangiovese touting them like you would discuss the finest wines and pairing these oils with your favorite wine. It’s taking the marriage of Food & Wine to a whole new level: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/02/dining/oils-made-with-wine-grapes.html?emc=eta1&_r=2&

nanetteatsalutesante

peterbj wrote:Rabbi A Hochwald died in 2007. The certification is by his son. Was the certificate originally issued for your first production in Germany and subsequently renewed?

If I get it right, you are in the middle of the process here in the USA. Can you tell me who will be certifying agency (if it works out)?

Yes, it is the same certification we have always had from Italy. And yes, they renew it ever year. They use the same name as when he was alive.
We have been talking to Star K for our local production, but we are a way off from finalizing it.

greydevil

quality posts: 3 Private Messages greydevil

We're at a week later and my grapeseed oil hasn't shipped yet. I can't wait 0:

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

greydevil wrote:We're at a week later and my grapeseed oil hasn't shipped yet. I can't wait 0:

Wine shipments (even non-wine items) take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kristinp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristinp

I received mine last week and cracked them open last night to try dipping in some focaccia.

Very good!! They each have a slightly distinct flavor, which is definitely not overpowering. Even our friend who does not enjoy wine liked these. We are excited to play around with them, and I'm glad that these were of the quality I expected. One set will be given as a gift next month!