WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Muir-Hanna Vineyards Mixed Red (6)

Speed to First Woot:
16m 28.775s
First Sucker:
UBlink
Last Wooter to Woot:
jimjacks66
Last Purchase:
10 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 36% of Wine Woots
Top 37% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 46% of Wine Woots
Top 30% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 2% first woot
  • 0% second woot
  • 7% < 10 woots
  • 17% < 25 woots
  • 74% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 1% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 4% one year old
  • 95% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 89% bought 1
  • 9% bought 2
  • 1% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

5%
2%
0%
2%
0%
2%
6%
3%
12%
6%
5%
14%
2%
4%
2%
4%
3%
2%
4%
3%
3%
2%
6%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 1597 Private Messages Cesare

Muir-Hanna Vineyards Mixed Red 6-Pack
$89.99 $155.00 42% off List Price
2006 Muir’s Legacy Merlot, Oak Knoll District Napa Valley
2008 Muir’s Heritage Merlot, Oak Knoll District Napa Valley
2007 Muir’s Legacy Bully! Red, Napa Valley Red Wine
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rjquillin


quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin

If these are anywhere near as good as that 2003 cab, this will be difficult to resist.
And looking at some of the numbers, that seems likely the case.

CT

UBlink


quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink

What a coincidence - I had the opportunity to open a 2006 Muir's Legacy Merlot earlier this evening. Color was a deep clear crimson. Very fragrant with hints of dark cherry, a little cedar and a little heat. On the palate the taste turned to dark fruits with some earthy notes as well as pronounced tannins. I would describe it as medium to full bodied. It had a prolonged finish with the tannins as well as fruit notes shifting back towards the red fruits.

I served it with grilled NY strips and it was an excellent pairing. My dinner guests were very impressed with the wine, although 2 did comment on the heat.

This is a serious merlot, nothing like those that gave Merlot a bad name, that is drinking nicely right now. I had another taste about 4 hours after opening and I would say it was better earlier.

The other wines in the offering sound interesting as well. I was very impressed with the Muir-Hanna cab previously offered so I'm definitely in on this one.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

Dave124


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Dave124

Any relationship to Hanna Vineyards in Sonoma?

billmuirhannawinery


quality posts: 2 Private Messages billmuirhannawinery
Dave124 wrote:Any relationship to Hanna Vineyards in Sonoma?



One reason we switched from Muir-Hanna to Muir's Legacy was because of the "other" Hanna's in Sonoma. They also make some really good wine but we are not even distantly related.

billmuirhannawinery


quality posts: 2 Private Messages billmuirhannawinery
rjquillin wrote:If these are anywhere near as good as that 2003 cab, this will be difficult to resist.
And looking at some of the numbers, that seems likely the case.



billmuirhannawinery


quality posts: 2 Private Messages billmuirhannawinery
billmuirhannawinery wrote:


OK. I'm just getting used to doing this. Thought I'd see what was happening this evening. I'll check back in about 8AM PDT. Harvest is over so I'm not up and out at the crack of dawn anymore.

sealag


quality posts: 3 Private Messages sealag

No love for NH. Pretty short list of approved states :-(
Seems like a great QPR.

billmuirhannawinery wrote:OK. I'm just getting used to doing this. Thought I'd see what was happening this evening. I'll check back in about 8AM PDT. Harvest is over so I'm not up and out at the crack of dawn anymore.



All who wander are not lost.

ashram101


quality posts: 3 Private Messages ashram101

Since I'm lucky enough to be in one of the few approved states, I'm pretty much obligated to make the purchase regardless of whether I may have "space" or "money" for more wine, right?

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Happy to say got rid of the darn yard digging Raccoon (Critter Ridder works great) but that pesky monkey was tormenting the neighbors dogs this weekend. jumping up and down with a box in its hand on the retaining wall that separates our properties, I must say I wasn't disappointed to see it again. Finally it left the box on the fence stuck its tongue out at the dog and scampered away. Open the box and found a bottle of 2007 Muir's Legacy Red blend.

Lately I have been getting more and more into red blends, RBW Red blend is excellent so was anxious to try this out.

Decanted thru an aerator for about an hr., color was clear but lighter than I expected, had excellent legs pleasant smell and 1st sip was very dry and a little bitter, but a nice bitter, flavors exploded in my mouth. Fruity and a little peppery, with a nice finish. Paired real nice with the Pizza we had, would be good with a nice Ribeye.

Decided to do a little comparison with a 2004 Muir-Hanna Vineyards Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, The Cab was a much more robust and hardy wine, colors were much the same medium red and clear, The Cab has a better finish but not the legs the blend has.

All and all a nice blend, not in the RBW blend category but feel most folks will like this wine.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Wine.Woot is currently not able to offer wine deals in certain states, but will be opening up additional states as laws and regulations regarding selling wine online continue to evolve.

You're welcome to also check out this thread to discuss and talk about current Wine Shipping Laws



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cortot20


quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20
ashram101 wrote:Since I'm lucky enough to be in one of the few approved states, I'm pretty much obligated to make the purchase regardless of whether I may have "space" or "money" for more wine, right?



Exactly. I don't find myself drinking a lot of merlot but this is pretty tempting.

CT

woopdedoo


quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo
ThunderThighs wrote:Wine.Woot is currently not able to offer wine deals in certain states, but will be opening up additional states as laws and regulations regarding selling wine online continue to evolve.

You're welcome to also check out this thread to discuss and talk about current Wine Shipping Laws



This WIWBM is saving me some money and providing me with a bit of rack space to unpack some of my boxes. Still I look forward to the day - hopefully in the near future - where Michigan might rejoin the "in" crowd.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

woopdedoo wrote:This WIWBM is saving me some money and providing me with a bit of rack space to unpack some of my boxes. Still I look forward to the day - hopefully in the near future - where Michigan might rejoin the "in" crowd.



Us too. Us too.



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rjquillin


quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
fredrinaldi wrote:Decided to do a little comparison with a 2004 Muir-Hanna Vineyards Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, The Cab was a much more robust and hardy wine, colors were much the same medium red and clear, The Cab has a better finish but not the legs the blend has.

All and all a nice blend, not in the RBW blend category but feel most folks will like this wine.

Interested in the comparisons you made. I just last week finished off some of the 2003 M-H cab and found it to be delicate, but very tasty (ordered more), perhaps even approaching a robust PN.
My '09 RBW cabs, based on comments sound very new-world but with structure, are buried in the locker chilling for awhile; perhaps it's time to go find one and pull a cork.
So I'm having a difficult time placing this one in comparison. Have you ever had any of Peter's releases of Duke. This sounds like it may be similar.

CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
billmuirhannawinery wrote:OK. I'm just getting used to doing this. Thought I'd see what was happening this evening. I'll check back in about 8AM PDT. Harvest is over so I'm not up and out at the crack of dawn anymore.

Glad to see you dropping by Bill. I'll say those cabs you offered earlier were really nice, and cost me dearly in a reorder from the recent Plus woot.

The blend here, from your voicemail, sounds quite like what another woot favorite offers when he has some surplus fruit and makes a great daily drinker.

Can you, if possible, compare stylistically here how these Merlots contrast to the earlier Cabs?



CT

Khu


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Khu
rjquillin wrote:

Can you, if possible, compare stylistically here how these Merlots contrast to the earlier Cabs?



Were you referring to the mixed 2003/2004 4-pack that was offered a while ago? I would also be curious. I opened a bottle of the 2004 and enjoyed it quite a bit. I was pretty impressed. I haven't opened the 2003 yet but just based on how much I enjoyed that one bottle, I Wooted again today.

winedrew


quality posts: 6 Private Messages winedrew
billmuirhannawinery wrote:OK. I'm just getting used to doing this. Thought I'd see what was happening this evening. I'll check back in about 8AM PDT. Harvest is over so I'm not up and out at the crack of dawn anymore.



Bill,

Can you share a few of the wineries that purchase your fruit for the woot nation?

Thanks,
Drew

rjquillin


quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
Khu wrote:Were you referring to the mixed 2003/2004 4-pack that was offered a while ago? I would also be curious. I opened a bottle of the 2004 and enjoyed it quite a bit. I was pretty impressed. I haven't opened the 2003 yet but just based on how much I enjoyed that one bottle, I Wooted again today.

Exactly. And I've not yet opened a 2004...

CT

billmuirhannawinery


quality posts: 2 Private Messages billmuirhannawinery
cortot20 wrote:Exactly. I don't find myself drinking a lot of merlot but this is pretty tempting.


After they've tried it we've had quite a few folks comment that our merlot is much better than they expected a merlot to be. Our guiding style has been to keep the fruit. This offer is unique in that the 08 was made in essentially the same manner as the 06 but we did a bunch (pun intended) of hand work in the vineyard pruning off the side lobes of the bunches-gives more even ripening and more intense flavor.

billmuirhannawinery


quality posts: 2 Private Messages billmuirhannawinery

The winemaking style is the same so any differences are due to year, variety, location. In a very general way, the cabs have seemed a little less intense than the merlots when young so we generally added a wee bit of merlot to the cab and vice versa (less than 5%)-seemed to make each better. The cabs have aged well and intensified a bit. The 08 merlot started and has remained a bit softer on the palate than the 06.

billmuirhannawinery


quality posts: 2 Private Messages billmuirhannawinery

Our first "modern era" vineyard was my dad's. His first(1972) and every subsequent crop goes to Chateau Montelena. So, our grapes were in the wine that won the "Paris Tasting". Montelena also buys our petit verdot and chardonnay from our son and daughter's vineyard. Our other chard blocks go to Heitz Cellars. Merlot goes to Castello Amaroso (Sattui); cab franc to Virage; Particelli cab to Markham. We replanted our pinot noir after 39 years and it will continue to go to Mumm Napa.

rjquillin


quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin

Glad this isn't a government run site, this one generally works, you can actually make a purchase!

Last Wooter to Woot: rjquillin
Last Purchase: a minute ago

...assuming you're in an approved state.

CT

gdstuart


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gdstuart

I entered the whole order but then was told that you don't ship wine to New Jersey??? Whassup with that? I get Cameron Hughes and other wines direct to my doorstep. Please fix this!!!

gdstuart


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gdstuart
rjquillin wrote:Glad this isn't a government run site, this one generally works, you can actually make a purchase!

Last Wooter to Woot: rjquillin
Last Purchase: a minute ago

...assuming you're in an approved state.



...and the approved states are....drum-roll....

cortot20


quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20
gdstuart wrote:...and the approved states are....drum-roll....



Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Washington, Wyoming

CT

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
gdstuart wrote:I entered the whole order but then was told that you don't ship wine to New Jersey??? Whassup with that? I get Cameron Hughes and other wines direct to my doorstep. Please fix this!!!



We're all adults here so let's take some responsibility for ourselves. Read the thread.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin


quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:We're all adults here so let's take some responsibility for ourselves. Read the thread.

Well done! No fairies sacrificed today.

CT

chipgreen


quality posts: 186 Private Messages chipgreen
kylemittskus wrote:We're all adults here so let's take some responsibility for ourselves. Read the thread.


Yes, this one.

Or if completely unaware of how to find the current offer's ship-to list, simply click on the picture of the wine bottles on this page or the main wine.woot page (or click the "I want one" button) and scroll down below the descriptions of the wine(s) to see the ship-to list.

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
woopdedoo wrote:This WIWBM is saving me some money and providing me with a bit of rack space to unpack some of my boxes. Still I look forward to the day - hopefully in the near future - where Michigan might rejoin the "in" crowd.

Meanwhile, you do have friends in Williamsville and Buffalo, NY, which have recently rejoined the "in" crowd, making woot-legging a possibility, in case you see an offer that simply can't be passed up.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
chipgreen wrote:Yes, this one.



I actually meant this thread. TT linked the shipping thread above.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

gastrognome


quality posts: 3 Private Messages gastrognome

Loved the 03 that was offered a few weeks back. Delicate, balanced and delicious. In for one.

Winedavid39


quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

gastrognome wrote:Loved the 03 that was offered a few weeks back. Delicate, balanced and delicious. In for one.



yea, these are a real find overall if I do say so myself.

bflohl


quality posts: 3 Private Messages bflohl

A little above my usual price point, but in for one to celebrate the return of NY to the list and to support such an intriguing sounding offering.

billmuirhannawinery


quality posts: 2 Private Messages billmuirhannawinery

In case any of you were perplexed about the name Bully!-after making the blend the first time we tried to come up with a name and label picture. We were heavily into "Back-packer Red" but it didn't roll off the tongue easily. I then found the picture of great-grandpa Muir with Teddy R. and "Bully! Red" was born. Also of note, Muir raised grapes and fruit after marrying Louie Strentzel and also made some wine "to save the crop after a wet fall". It is also recorded he drank wine and champagne.

UBlink


quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink
Winedavid39 wrote:yea, these are a real find overall if I do say so myself.


Wholeheartedly agree. Keep 'em coming.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

cortot20


quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20

Decided to split this with a coworker, really looking forward to it.

CT

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
bflohl wrote:A little above my usual price point, but in for one to celebrate the return of NY to the list and to support such an intriguing sounding offering.



good choice I think most folks here will like it.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
rjquillin wrote:Interested in the comparisons you made. I just last week finished off some of the 2003 M-H cab and found it to be delicate, but very tasty (ordered more), perhaps even approaching a robust PN.
My '09 RBW cabs, based on comments sound very new-world but with structure, are buried in the locker chilling for awhile; perhaps it's time to go find one and pull a cork.
So I'm having a difficult time placing this one in comparison. Have you ever had any of Peter's releases of Duke. This sounds like it may be similar.



sorry rj been on trevel all day, never had the Duke, when you say Peter I'm assuming Wellington?

Like I said this is a nice wine for the price, RBW blend is a excellent wine, in fact got some on its way right now.
I'm so full of wine right now, all 200 slots filled in my racks with maybe 5 cases on the floor.so I'm only jumping on "top buys" right now.
But this is a nice wine.