10/17/11
10/15/10
10/19/09
10/15/07
10/16/06

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin

But, but, @ world market for $8.99...?
I need to check and make sure it's the same, too large a price differential.

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen
rjquillin wrote:But, but, @ world market for $8.99...?

$10.95 is the lowest price on wine-searcher (non-pro edition)
EDIT: found the 2011 for $9.99, that's probably what World Market is selling

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:But, but, @ world market for $8.99...?

Split? You order and I store it?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
chipgreen wrote:$10.95 is the lowest price on wine-searcher (non-pro edition)
EDIT: found the 2011 for $9.99, that's probably what World Market is selling

Google search brought up $11.49 at another site. The picture looks different so I'm not exactly sure it is the same wine. If it is, it is $10 less for 4 with calculated shipping to my state (FL).

rvz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rvz
pseudogourmet98 wrote:Google search brought up $11.49 at another site. The picture looks different so I'm not exactly sure it is the same wine. If it is, it is $10 less for 4 with calculated shipping to my state (FL).

$20 a bottle at a major retailer in Dallas. I'm guessing what you're finding is not the same thing as this retailer has as good of prices as anywhere I can typically find online. Alas, no real savings on Woot for me!

arrScott

quality posts: 4 Private Messages arrScott

Bought some last year. Mostly gave as gifts, but the bottle I kept was a robust, quality table wine. I didn't take tasting notes on it, but I recall it being quite tasty with dark chocolate.

When I've seen this at World Market, it's been bottled with paper labels. What Woot had last time, and appears to have this time, is bottled with screen-printed graphics on the glass. I don't know if the juice is different from one to the other, but the ink-on-glass version is a much more attractive gift bottle. Several of the folks I gave this to last Christmas kept the bottle.

zzzyp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zzzyp

I've been checking woot daily in anticipation of seeing this. No coffin with this offer but I'm in for 3 anyway. $5 shipping makes this an awesome deal
Woohoo!

gingertalls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gingertalls
rvz wrote:$20 a bottle at a major retailer in Dallas. I'm guessing what you're finding is not the same thing as this retailer has as good of prices as anywhere I can typically find online. Alas, no real savings on Woot for me!

Yeah, I saw this wine at Kroger in the Dallas metro... Um... it was around $20.

vtstan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vtstan
arrScott wrote:Bought some last year. Mostly gave as gifts, but the bottle I kept was a robust, quality table wine. I didn't take tasting notes on it, but I recall it being quite tasty with dark chocolate.

When I've seen this at World Market, it's been bottled with paper labels. What Woot had last time, and appears to have this time, is bottled with screen-printed graphics on the glass. I don't know if the juice is different from one to the other, but the ink-on-glass version is a much more attractive gift bottle. Several of the folks I gave this to last Christmas kept the bottle.

These better not be paper labels as the pictures are definitely of the beautiful painted bottles.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
Corrado wrote:The last four offerings I've been ready to jump on based on previous wine.woot purchases have all dropped their VT shipping licensing. I was looking forward to replenishing my Poizin supply, too. #Bah

Contact me if you want a wootlegger.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

AVNGME

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AVNGME

It looks like this year Armida bottled a lower end of this. I happen to have both. The less expensive with a paper label is designated as " California" and the other with the silk screening is designated as " Dry Creek". I have not tasted the less expensive yet but for $9.99 how can you go wrong with Armida juice?

polarbear22

Never had anything other than silk-screen bottles.

This is the wine that got me started on woot. Given the expense, I should be cursing it. Yet, I look forward to it.

Will likely wait until later to see if I need to wootleg. But time to replenish.

And they have the most wonderful view from their tasting room, with a bocce court. Great place to visit.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

kylecountryman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kylecountryman

I finished off my last bottle of Poizin a month or two ago and was looking for more to come around. Alas I am in Ohio, so I'm out.

It was quite tasty juice.

The bottles that I received had the printed on logo, which I use one of the empties as a show piece (empty). It has been quite a conversation starter.

PghRiverRat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PghRiverRat

I'm also surprised to see Ohio off the list. This was always one of my sure buys when I lived there, and last year I just had it shipped to a friend. Now in PA I know I can't buy online, but I did find a wine/liquor store that sometimes has this on the shelf. Basically the same price when shipping is factored in, and I can buy fewer bottles if I choose to.

I like to cook with wine. In fact, I drank a bottle last night while cooking dinner!

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

kylecountryman wrote:
The bottles that I received had the printed on logo, which I use one of the empties as a show piece (empty). It has been quite a conversation starter.

They also make quite the conversation piece at parties when you bring them as a mini-growler for homebrew and just drink from the bottle (it's only about 24oz or 2 beers' worth).

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

winemakerb

quality posts: 6 Private Messages winemakerb
AVNGME wrote:It looks like this year Armida bottled a lower end of this. I happen to have both. The less expensive with a paper label is designated as " California" and the other with the silk screening is designated as " Dry Creek". I have not tasted the less expensive yet but for $9.99 how can you go wrong with Armida juice?

@AVNGME I couldn't have said it better myself. Sorry for the confusion.

winemakerb

Hi Wooters!!
WinemakerB, the maker of Poizin here. I will be checking in periodically today, while I work on fermenting the 2013. Ask me anything.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all!

Wine.Woot is currently not able to offer wine deals in certain states, but will be opening up additional states as laws and regulations regarding selling wine online continue to evolve.
You're welcome to also check out this thread to discuss and talk about current Wine Shipping Laws

I trimmed out a few posts on the topic so it's easier to find the posts on the wine.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rjquillin

AVNGME wrote:It looks like this year Armida bottled a lower end of this. I happen to have both. The less expensive with a paper label is designated as " California" and the other with the silk screening is designated as " Dry Creek". I have not tasted the less expensive yet but for $9.99 how can you go wrong with Armida juice?

Just verified this with the local WM.
Dry Creek red silk on glass is $18.99
Calif paper label is #13.99
The $8.99 was earlier this year and was for the 2011 bottling.

So a purchase from woot would save $1.05, not including gas and drive time...

CT

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:Split? You order and I store it?

PM

CT

chardonay

quality posts: 29 Private Messages chardonay

We buy them each year, my husband likes the wine. And the bottle is painted. when I got their 'antidote' it is their white version, the label was paper

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
polarbear22 wrote:And they have the most wonderful view from their tasting room, with a bocce court. Great place to visit.

On the RPM Tour, they had a pretty good view in the tasting room.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

rjquillin

JOATMON wrote:On the RPM Tour, they had a pretty good view in the tasting room.

Which tour?
Did I sleep through it on the last on, or just drink too much?

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:PM

Answered.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

SteveCousins

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SteveCousins

Hey Winewooters, Steve from Armida here. Looks like you've figured it out but to clarify - There are now two POIZINS; the original DC POIZIN in the screened bottle and a very new California appellation POIZIN labeled with a paper label. This offer is for the original Dry Creek POIZIN. While both POIZINs are DELICIOUS, their provenance is different - the DC POIZIN is made from some of the best Zinfandel vineyards in Dry Creek and the California POIZIN is made mostly from LODI grapes. The two POIZINs also have different barrel experiences. Hope this helps! Steve

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Which tour?
Did I sleep through it on the last on, or just drink too much?

We stopped on the inaugural tour in '08, not sure if they stopped in 2010 on the 2nd tour.

And I'm pretty sure he's referring to their winemaker (at the time, not sure if she's still there).

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen
MarkDaSpark wrote:We stopped on the inaugural tour in '08, not sure if they stopped in 2010 on the 2nd tour.

And I'm pretty sure he's referring to their winemaker (at the time, not sure if she's still there).

The girl with the dragon tattoo...
before she was famous, haha

winemakerb

If your state isn't currently on the ship to list...I suggest flying out to our tasting room and buying the wine there, then smuggling it back.

kylecountryman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kylecountryman
winemakerb wrote:If your state isn't currently on the ship to list...I suggest flying out to our tasting room and buying the wine there, then smuggling it back.

I like the way you think, however, I'd be worried about the TSA having their own "taste test" at my expense!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
kylecountryman wrote:I like the way you think, however, I'd be worried about the TSA having their own "taste test" at my expense!

"Listen, I know what you're thinking, Mr. TSA agent, but in this case, a skull and cross bones does not mean poison like you're thinking."

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rockey54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockey54
SteveCousins wrote:Hey Winewooters, Steve from Armida here. Looks like you've figured it out but to clarify - There are now two POIZINS; the original DC POIZIN in the screened bottle and a very new California appellation POIZIN labeled with a paper label. This offer is for the original Dry Creek POIZIN. While both POIZINs are DELICIOUS, their provenance is different - the DC POIZIN is made from some of the best Zinfandel vineyards in Dry Creek and the California POIZIN is made mostly from LODI grapes. The two POIZINs also have different barrel experiences. Hope this helps! Steve

Thanks Steve for the clarification, I will be picking up this four pack, love the DC Poizen and love your winery

polarbear22

chipgreen wrote:The girl with the dragon tattoo...
before she was famous, haha

Beautiful view IN the tasting room as well. At least back then.

My Cellar

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal

I love when this shows up. Love the screw cap too, since it makes the bottle reusable for beverages. And the bottle is too cool. Drinking some Antidote now. I am definitely a red wine person tho. So, I'm in for a double order.

But...what's up with the taxes? That's new.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

goneferal wrote:I love when this shows up. Love the screw cap too, since it makes the bottle reusable for beverages. And the bottle is too cool. Drinking some Antidote now. I am definitely a red wine person tho. So, I'm in for a double order.

But...what's up with the taxes? That's new.

Woot is now required to collect sales tax for orders shipped to AZ, CA, GA, KS, KY, NJ, NY, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal
ThunderThighs wrote:Woot is now required to collect sales tax for orders shipped to AZ, CA, GA, KS, KY, NJ, NY, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV.

But I'm in SC.

MarkDaSpark

Anyone in SoCal order this? And can spare a bottle? Or two?

Forgot to order in time.

cortot20

quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:Anyone in SoCal order this? And can spare a bottle? Or two?

Forgot to order in time.

Just go to cost plus world market. They typically have it.

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 56 Private Messages jmdavidson
ThunderThighs wrote:Woot is now required to collect sales tax for orders shipped to AZ, CA, GA, KS, KY, NJ, NY, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV.

And apparently IL as well.