quality posts: 1676 Private Messages Cesare

Doppio Passo 2011 Italian Primitivo 4-Pack
$57.99 $̶9̶5̶.̶0̶0̶ 39% off List Price
2011 Doppio Passo Italian Primitivo Salento IGT
CT link above

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

DoobieWah

quality posts: 6 Private Messages DoobieWah

What's up with Arizona being left out, lately?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

DoobieWah wrote:What's up with Arizona being left out, lately?

Wine.Woot is currently not able to offer wine deals in certain states, but will be opening up additional states as laws and regulations regarding selling wine online continue to evolve.

You're welcome to also check out this thread to discuss and talk about current Wine Shipping Laws

Deezy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deezy2

NY made the ship to list, but the CT score and price :-|

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
Deezy2 wrote:NY made the ship to list, but the CT score and price :-|

NY has been back in action for a couple days. No rush to buy this one. You should be good for the next offer and the next and the next.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson

I received a bottle of this on Wednesday and decided to open it on Thursday. Knowing that primotivo (see wikipedia: The grape found its way to the United States in the mid-19th century, and became known by variations of the name "Zinfandel", a name of uncertain origin.) is related to zinfandel, I also decided to open a bottle of 2007 Wellington Zin. I thought that it would be interesting to compare the two regions and styles.

On PnP, the color was dark cranberry and the aroma was sweet, but undistinguishable. The initial flavor was strawberry-ish and smooth, not sweet, and a finish of citrus. With an alcohol content is 13%, it is not an alcohol bomb like some American zin's can be. In contrast, I found the Wellington to be spicy, think peppery, tart cherry and dark berry.

I ordered up a cheese and (Italian) sausage pizza and by the time I picked it up and got it home, an hour had passed. Now the primotivo's fruit seemed brighter, leaning towards strawberry and cherry. The acidity was balanced. It still smelled sweet but did not taste sweet. If you were to smell a cherry coke, you would think that this wine smelled similar. This wine paired very well with the pizza. I like barbera wine with pizza, and other Italian dishes, and this wine reminded me alot of barbera. There is a big difference between the Wellington zin and this wine. The zin is dominated by spice, pepper and dark berry, while the primotivo is more on the cherry side. This wine is one you could drink during the week, pair it with ribs or Italian meals, or bring to a party and drink it by itself. At about $15 a bottle, it is priced correctly. It will appeal to a broad spectrum of wine drinkers at a reasonable price.

pienka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pienka

Funny how New York was the one that started all this mess and they are on the list and Louisiana where the most corrupt politicians and people who drink alcohol still can't get a drink. WTSO will be my new friend I guess! I would most appreciate it if someone would just straighten this mess out so I can get my wine. Particularly before harvest moon pinot is offered again. I need my wine. I have drank almost all of my wine woot wines up!

bskuared

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bskuared

In for this!! Just got back from Puglia where Primitivo is king. Beautiful selection wine woot!

food. italy. food. italy. wine. books. travel. food. genealogy. food. wine. italy. food. get. the. idea?

San Clemente · http://www.italyandme.com