WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Have Another Look

You know the saying: First is the worst, second is the best, third is the ... actually, the rest isn't important because for this sale we're featuring wines that are getting a second chance, and clearly, according to that classic playground jingle, second is the best.

Cesare

quality posts: 1627 Private Messages Cesare

Have Another Look

Bell Wine Cellars Big Guy Red/White Combo 4-Pack
$64.99 $̶1̶1̶5̶.̶0̶0̶ 43% off List Price
2011 Big Guy White Wine, California
2011 Big Guy Red Wine, California

Raised By Wolves Bad Moon Rising Red Blend 6-Pack
$99.99 $̶2̶5̶3̶.̶0̶0̶ 60% off List Price
2010 Bad Moon Rising Red Blend, Columbia Valley

Domaine Les Esperieres Cotes Du Rhone 3-Pack
$52.99 $̶8̶8̶.̶0̶0̶ 40% off List Price
2010 Domaine Les Esperieres Cotes Du Rhone

Kent Rasmussen Esoterica 2008 Vermelho Forte 500ml 3-Pack
$49.99 $̶8̶8̶.̶0̶0̶ 41% off List Price
2008 Vermelho Forte 500ml

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

RBW ?? your killing me woot.

salted caramels and RBW lifes good & 1 ships for free

Last Wooter to Woot:
fredrinaldi

thenativesarerestless

quality posts: 6 Private Messages thenativesarerestless

wine that ships to NY
AND
Raised by Wolves!!!!

I am a happy girl

have not tried this blend, but I love the cab and malbec offerings.

mrlbem

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mrlbem

Woot's back, back in the New York Groove.
Woot's back, back in the New York Groove.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
thenativesarerestless wrote:wine that ships to NY
AND
Raised by Wolves!!!!

I am a happy girl

have not tried this blend, but I love the cab and malbec offerings.

Oh your gonna LOVE this stuff.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

I would buy Kent's stuff and the RBW. I am [/]really[/i] not buying wine for this month. And likely next.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

I think I want Kents stuff... I love the Pedroncelli and Wellington ports.... do I want Kents?

kylemittskus

mommadeb1 wrote:I think I want Kents stuff... I love the Pedroncelli and Wellington ports.... do I want Kents?

I haven't had those two, but I've had Kent's and I think it's easily worth the $$. It isn't mind blowing, but it's very nice on a cold night. I didn't take detailed notes on the bottle I drank, but I liked it.

coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160

I would order Kent's... if only it could be shipped to MN.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but it truly is a disappointment since we in MN rarely ever had issues with ordering from WW previously. (Yes, I've read the thread and I'm aware of the situation) I just hope it is resolved sooner rather than later, for everyone.

manny651

quality posts: 1 Private Messages manny651

Seriously, just last night I said to myself I am done buying wine until at least Thanksgiving. I even passed on a good 2010 CdP offering on another site. However RBW reds have become some of my favorites and I'm going to have to push the button on this one. Here's my review on this which is up on CT:

Great nose on this, right away you get hit by black cherries and a bit of heat. Pnp palate is strong currants and more heat. Definite decant but couldn't wait, so ran through Vinturi and that really opened up the flavors and subsided the heat. Currants, dark berries, a bit of mocha, earth and oak...nose still black cherries but developed a hint of raspberries and slight strawberries. Thick but no gritty tannins with a med-long finish. Seems to have to bones to age a few years. Another strong outing by RbW.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
mommadeb1 wrote:I think I want Kents stuff... I love the Pedroncelli and Wellington ports.... do I want Kents?

It's been nearly two years since my first bottle, and well over a year since the last I opened of these; I quite enjoyed both and didn't notice characteristics mentioned in more recent CT postings by known wooters, but wines age, and change.
I do recall this seemed both a bit less viscous and cloying than other traditional VP's I've had.
The locker raid Sparky and Tim hosted featured some KP port, both in individual components and the final blending; that was instructional.

A good price for a 500ml bottle you should enjoy.

CT

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:It's been nearly two years since my first bottle, and well over a year since the last I opened of these; I quite enjoyed both and didn't notice characteristics mentioned in more recent CT postings by known wooters, but wines age, and change.
I do recall this seemed both a bit less viscous and cloying than other traditional VP's I've had.
The locker raid Sparky and Tim hosted featured some KP port, both in individual components and the final blending; that was instructional.

A good price for a 500ml bottle you should enjoy.

thanks

rjquillin

mommadeb1 wrote:thanks

but not a Prager...

CT

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:but not a Prager...

that is sad... but, compared to Pedroncelli and Wellington.. what do you think?

rjquillin

mommadeb1 wrote:that is sad... but, compared to Pedroncelli and Wellington.. what do you think?

I recall a bit lighter than the Ped, but I've not opened a Peter. I should fix that.

If you don't like them, I'll drink them.

CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

I really like this forte, which is why I have dozen bottles of it. I definitely preferred it over the Pedroncelli, but I seemed to like the Ped much less than everyone else did. I have some of the Wellingtons and haven't tried them yet.

You will enjoy these.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:I recall a bit lighter than the Ped, but I've not opened a Peter. I should fix that.

If you don't like them, I'll drink them.

ok...

mommadeb1

North316 wrote:I really like this forte, which is why I have dozen bottles of it. I definitely preferred it over the Pedroncelli, but I seemed to like the Ped much less than everyone else did. I have some of the Wellingtons and haven't tried them yet.

You will enjoy these.

Thanks! I really like the Ped.. very chocolaty!! mmmmmm what the heck, I'll give them a try... If I don't like... I can always open them at Thanksgiving...or give to rj

LandRoverNut

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LandRoverNut

No Tennessee again, may stop coming to this site!

mommadeb1

LandRoverNut wrote:No Tennessee again, may stop coming to this site!

be patient grasshopper... from what I understand, they are trying to fix the problem...

CONNIE1150

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CONNIE1150

Still no Missouri either. There were several I would have bought and did buy but can't buy any more. Makes me no want to look here anymore.

CONNIE SEABAUGH

namyisun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages namyisun
CONNIE1150 wrote:Still no Missouri either. There were several I would have bought and did buy but can't buy any more. Makes me no want to look here anymore.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

blaze1984

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blaze1984
CONNIE1150 wrote:Still no Missouri either. There were several I would have bought and did buy but can't buy any more. Makes me no want to look here anymore.

No michigan either, that's been going on for quite a few different offerings now... is this related to the government shutdown?

http://shipcompliantblog.com/blog/

rpm

quality posts: 172 Private Messages rpm

I think Kent's is one of the best "ports" to be offered on woot. Served some recently to serious afficianados to rave reviews.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra
blaze1984 wrote:No michigan either, that's been going on for quite a few different offerings now... is this related to the government shutdown?

http://shipcompliantblog.com/blog/

No.

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Wine.Woot is currently not able to offer wine deals in certain states, but will be opening up additional states as laws and regulations regarding selling wine online continue to evolve.

You're welcome to also check out this thread to discuss and talk about current Wine Shipping Laws

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Shill plug: The Bell blends are solid. I opened a bottle of the Red one evening last week (yes, during the bike ride) and everyone at the table enjoyed and asked "what are we drinking?" Granted, they were a bunch of thirsty cyclists, but the bottle was thoroughly and quickly enjoyed.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

Chargerrt500

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Chargerrt500

Still no Virginia sales. Sadly, my online wine purchases have gone to WTSO and Last Bottle. WW, you have potential buyers in Virginia, just sayin'.

chipgreen

quality posts: 189 Private Messages chipgreen
Chargerrt500 wrote:Still no Virginia sales. Sadly, my online wine purchases have gone to WTSO and Last Bottle. WW, you have potential buyers in Virginia, just sayin'.

Discussion thread about why woot no longer ships to VA

kylemittskus

ThunderThighs wrote:We are in the process of adding M̶i̶c̶h̶i̶g̶a̶n̶, Arizona and Louisiana to the current Plus sales!!

Edit: Jumped to early on MI. Sorry. Still investigating though.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
rpm wrote:I think Kent's is one of the best "ports" to be offered on woot. Served some recently to serious afficianados to rave reviews.

Very happy to see this post. I bought this in the September woot-off but have not tried it yet. Have some friends who are also "serious afficianados" who I think are going to be happy.

silent7seven

quality posts: 12 Private Messages silent7seven

Did anyone else's order get mysteriously canceled?

---------------------------
And so we go, on with our lives
We know the truth, but prefer lies
Lies are simple, simple is bliss
Why go against tradition when we can
Admit defeat, live in decline

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

silent7seven wrote:Did anyone else's order get mysteriously canceled?

Sorry about that. Please email support@woot.com to find out what happened. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders